MAAS Toys Tetra Jets

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Jul 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Calabask

Calabask Waspinator Cultist

News Credits:
    Spence isn't tied to A3U anymore. As for Alex, I'm unsure. I can say that much for certain.

2. Friendross

Friendross Well-Known Member

Mass toys in the tfcon 3p slideshow in Lala land?

3. Calabask

News Credits:
    Possibly not sure. They're going to have fuck all to show though.

4. slayback

slayback Well-Known Member

Ok it's not somewhat incorrect; your speculation is flat out wrong. is that better? Spence has no part of A3U. A long time ago yes he owned it, but now he no longer owns it nor has any dealings with the company. It's not a speculation - it's a fact. The business dealings that Spencer has with the fandom has nothing to do with Ages.

Spence has no dealings with Urban Samurai.

As for Alex - asshat is what you consider him, it's not a fact AND it's most definitely your view of him that as you admit is based on something 10 years ago. He's a good guy -and yes i know him and if he was an asshat, we wouldn't be friends. He is his own business.

If you have a problem with Spencers deals or business, then by all means - Take him to task; but you shouldn't be dragging A3Us name into it. It's like saying Bobby Skull Face colluded with Spencer to put out a video to make Spence look like an angel. Are you going to start accusing BSF that he's involved with Spence in all his business? Course not.
    A3U has no involvement with Spence. Tetra jets, bikes etc - nothing to do with A3U apart from the typical retail - it gets purchased stocked and sold. Yes - I do know this as a fact.

• Like Like x 3
  5. TCJJ

TCJJ 121% Tank Engine

News Credits:
    It's not flat-out wrong - I was referring to the old Cybertron.ca thread; to stuff from ten years ago, that doesn't necessarily hold true today, but was specifically about Spence. I already said it may just be that he's still friends with them. I didn't say he still owned it. I never made that claim. I never claimed that he still has business dealings with them. I was painting a picture of his behaviour and shadiness based on his history.

You've also missed my point about Urban Samurai - I didn't say he currently has dealings with Urban Samurai (assuming they even still exist - I truly don't know if they do, nor do I care because it's irrelevant). I'm not going to bother going into much detail on that again since I believe I've already made that very clear.

I never said what I thought about Alex was factual, other than that his comments from 10 years ago made him seem like an asshat, and the fact that he acted like he was impartial whilst being under the employ (in whatever fashion, I simply don't care because it's irrelevant) of A3U and/or Urban Samurai at the time made him look like a shill.
    I'd say it was suspicious behaviour that lent credence to the A3U/Urban Samurai "conspiracy" that Spence was still involved with both somehow (not that I believe for a second that he was using Boris as a puppet or whatever, but simply that he still had some kind of business relationship there that could be some kind of conflict of interest to which consumers might benefit from being privy).
    I'm sorry if my comment about Alex came across in an offensive manner, but my initial impression of him wasn't negative from the videos I saw him in - not until I read his old comments (and again, I fully admit that they are a decade old, so their tone isn't entirely relevant), which gave me quite the negative impression of him. And yes, I know he owns his own company - I did do some basic research before posting my speculations.

I am NOT trying to drag A3U's name into anything here, other than to say that Spence has a checkered past and A3U's changeover was extremely suspect in some regards (and not in others, despite some of the conspiracy theories on Cybertron.ca saying otherwise), with certain things (like how A3U and Urban Samurai were apparently operating almost as if they were one in the same) raising red flags.
    I'm not saying the current A3U is dodgy and I never have - I'm saying Spence's involvement with all of this shit, the A3U hand-over included, was always suspicious and that there is a pattern to his behaviour that not only dates back ten years, but also hasn't been fully fledged out, at least publicly (i.e. we don't have all the information so we're speculating about some of this).

You also seem to be defensive of A3U and think I'm attacking them. I'm not. I never was. If you honestly think I ever thought A3U had anything to do with the tetra jets, Unrustables and the like, I don't know what to tell you other than you're wrong because I never made that claim and so that would be an incorrect assumption on your behalf.
    No shit that's a fact - anyone who claimed otherwise is obviously misinformed.
    This whole time, most every point I've made has been discussing Spence, his history and his behaviour. His involvement with A3U matters when talking about him, but that doesn't mean the Boris-owned A3U is bad, nor do I think that they are.

It's like you selectively picked things I said to argue against, whilst completely ignoring the legitimate points I made, just so that you can tell me that I'm wrong. But I'm sorry, perhaps I didn't make myself clear before. Now hopefully I have.

And as for Bobby, I realise you weren't saying that I made that claim, but just for the record, no, I don't think Bobby is in on any collusion. I think he gets taken advantage of, for better or worse, in one way or another. Perhaps he's easily led. I don't know - I don't know the guy personally, but he seems like an okay guy. I don't think he's ever tried to intentionally mislead anyone, at least in regards to Transformers and such. I do, however, think Spence took him for a ride with that "interview"; took advantage of Bobby's good faith.

• Like Like x 3
  6. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wish these were still coming.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Whovian Zorker

Whovian Zorker Well-Known Member

It's a shame how many interesting designs don't actually get produced. I might have bought one of these (after some good reviews, and depending on the repaints available).

But I am reminded of the wisdom once expressed by the Hero of Canton:

• Like Like x 3
  8. metalwar2010

metalwar2010 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Soooo....whatever is going on here is the reason the throne is delayed? Seen them on ebay for $80 like they were coming out back in December but I haven't heard much about it since it was announced.

I hope everyone gets their money back.

9. Calabask

News Credits:
    It’s more likely to happen first but then again, Spencer wants us all to think he doesn’t have a pot to piss in, can’t ship out people’s prizes, can’t refund others money for a product he failed to deliver on, yet he can possibly afford runs for the thrones and flat stacks(Which, really?), and has to start from scratch. The stories so full of holes Swiss cheese is filing a lawsuit for IP infringement.

• Like Like x 4
  10. TheGreatScrotum

TheGreatScrotum Well-Known Member

Asshat - lol

• Like Like x 1
  11. lion070

lion070 Well-Known Member

So , is this thing ever going to happen ? no news ?

12. famigami

famigami Well-Known Member

I haven't gotten any responses to my emails

13. Friendross

Friendross Well-Known Member

can anyone who got a refund from paypal after the 180 day window share with me your case id numbers where you pointed out this was a scam? my claim i submitted was rejected based on being outside the 180 day window but i hear some people got paypal to flip

i dont think ill be able to get any money back.. i just want to get maas toys/spence banned from paypal

14. alzabanur

alzabanur Well-Known Member

In my case, I paid using PayPal Credit which after the 180 days they were able to reverse the charge. But I did one recently after 180 days and it was rejected, due to their policy. Still hope this helps is the Dispute Number for the Purple Bike.
    Dispute Case ID: PP-D-25409112

• Like Like x 1
  15. MegaDarth

MegaDarth Well-Known Member

So i guess its well and truly dead. My preorders on BBTS have disappeared for all 6...

Feel for those of you that supported the crowd fund...

16. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel > Cat Flu

News Credits:
    Hah, I hadn't even noticed. Wow. Well, in a way I'm glad as it's twelve figures I won't be paying for. In another, i'm glad I ordered through BBTS and not through the Spencer's wallet fund.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Calabask

News Credits:
    Someone may or may not have told BBTS what was going on. <.<

• Like Like x 1
  18. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel > Cat Flu

News Credits:
    I do wonder if BBTS' order was pay up front.

19. Calabask

News Credits:
    And and by someone, I may or may not mean me. Also all Maas products on BBTS are now listed as sold out. So to put this into perspective, BBTS felt there was enough evidence to cancel all preorders and stop taking preorders for the Tetra Jets. Which means nothing is happening from MAAS.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Ambrojh

Ambrojh Well-Known Member

MAAS ripped all the people who supported the Tetra Jet fund. MAAS also severely damaged the trust of 3rd party and will probably cause the future failure of other 3rd party crowdfunds, as the public trust has been violated. Presently, the only Crowdfund by a 3rd party company that I would support is Maketoys. They presented what they were funding, conducted a fan vote on which version of the character the majority wanted, provided a time frame and have updates, and now about to ship said product out in a few weeks.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.