MAAS Toys Tetra Jets

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Jul 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Calabask

Calabask Waspinator Cultist

News Credits:
    Got 21 days. Sink in and grab it!

• Like Like x 2
  2. Ambrojh

Ambrojh Well-Known Member

It appears that this crowdfund is failing, and it has been six months after money was collected. This has to place a bad stigma/black eye on future 3rd party crowdfunding efforts.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Big Hache

Big Hache EVIL! Pure and simple from the 8th Dimension!

News Credits:
    Not trying to be a negative Nancy, but I never had any faith in 3P crowdfunding efforts and I wasn't even aware of Spence and what others are saying happened before.

As large and popular as Kickstarter is they provide ZERO assurance to backers that a successful campaign will end in promised results, or even offer reimbursement for failed promises of creators. All the while making a profit on failed creators efforts' and your backing dollars. If Kickstarter doesn't even care about you, who are these guys (or anyone else) going to be held accountable to for holding a crowdfunding effort on their own platform?

I loved these designs from the day they were shown but no way I was going to take a chance like that.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Hexatron

Hexatron Plastic crack junky

If you want a crowdfund that gives a guarantee completion or reimbursement........ Go support MMC Supermax. That's my final plug haha.

• Like Like x 6
  5. bobagorof

bobagorof Well-Known Member

MAAS toys have posted that they will be doing a special interview with TFTalk.net tomorrow (March 3) at 9pm east coast time

6. Calabask

News Credits:
    And I'm sure it will be full of bullshit.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Hexatron

Hexatron Plastic crack junky

I wonder if you'll get a mention :D 

• Like Like x 3
  8. Calabask

News Credits:
    Rofl. Probably.

• Like Like x 3
  9. KevinSig

KevinSig Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    I think that’s the wrong conclusion to draw. MAAS wasn’t an established 3rd party, so throwing money at them was always a risk. With MMC & Maketoys it isn’t / wasn’t as risky.

(Maketoys had a color repaint of their MP Starscream, and MMC is behind the the IDW Fort Max)

• Like Like x 2
  10. LBock

LBock Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    interview.png

11. Calabask

News Credits:
    Are you going to ask Spencer, why he lied about the startup of MAAS when people in the third party scene like one of my contacts, knew he was planning on MAAS before he even announced it. Also, if he just joined MAAS(Like he claims, behold Exhibit A below. Remember, Spencer is not a stranger to using accounts to try and make him look innocent and also attack others like he did on cybertron.ca), then why did he name his Wife's restaraunt MAAS bar and grill?

spencerdrama2.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  12. LBock

LBock Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Man, I had forgotten about the whole MFT thing. For the most part, we're not going to focus on the drama, but it's an a live show, so viewers are always welcome to ask questions. I personally am not that interested in the politics of 3P, I just want some cool toys.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Calabask

News Credits:
    And I’m sure many people here and in the Unrustables like those who purchased purple bikes and were denied their money back, would like their money back. Especially since Spencer has a long history of taking people’s money and not paying them back or delivering, and he’s not been communicating here or in the other thread, and “CNY” is not an excuse.

• Like Like x 1
  14. LBock

LBock Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    As I said in the other thread, we plan on asking about the status of the purple bike prototype auctions and refunds for those requesting them. The Fansproject drama has already been covered ad nauseam, so do don't plan on covering it in depth other than the impact that it has on the company going forward. We are planning on keeping the show as cordial and positive as we can, while at the same time getting an update with the company and answers for all of us that have invested in their upcoming projects.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Calabask

News Credits:
    We're talking about the purple bikes they had up for purchase on their website. Three thousand dollars, gone and the people who bought them left holding the bag or possibly with store credit for something when there was nothing to buy, or people who weren't refunded at all. THERE IS OVER ONE HUNDRED THOUSAND DOLLARS MISSING, and Spencer, or Cassy could have come into either of these threads to say thing, BECAUSE ITS OBVIOUS THEY ARE CHECKING THE INTERNET IF YOU GOT THEM TO GO ON YOUR SHOW, and you're giving them a platform to sell more lies and have a "positive" platform? Where the fuck did they achieve that after taking peoples money and not refunding it? When taking peoples money and not delivering it. When taking peoples money and not communicating with them when they said to communicate with them. When they hosted a raffle that they did not donate the money from and stopped communicating with the winners /JUST LIKE SPENCER DID WHEN HE RAN A3U./ I know your podcasters, but when someone has been actively screwing people over, you shouldn't give them a shield from scrutiny.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Honesty

Honesty honestly, Honesty!

News Credits:
    Is there absolutely no way you guys can all do a massive charge back thing, cal your banks, explain the situation, contact Kickstarter etc? Or whatever company you went through with this crowdfunding?

Does Spence still run A3U? I will never shop there again if he does (EDIT: I see now he does not).

Please do all you can to drag these shitheads (people involved in this mess - not A3U) through the mud and destroy their names and what - and if any - credibility they have left.

Don’t ever let them sell another toy again. Anywhere.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  17. TFDAD

TFDAD Well-Known Member

I believe he sold A3U and the peeps that run it now are standup, honest dealers. This is just what I've read here, so you may want to pull back the pitchforks when it comes to those guys. I've been a watcher of this drama as I HAD some interest in the Tetra Jets, but wanted to quickly reach out on this as we don't want to sling mud in the wrong directions.

• Like Like x 2
  18. LBock

LBock Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Boris Chow runs A3U, not Spencer. He bought the store from him around 10 years ago.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Honesty

Honesty honestly, Honesty!

News Credits:
    I should have clarified.

I didn’t mean we shouldn’t let A3U well toys anymore; but the shitheads involved in this mess.

I should have put a little buffer/better sentence structure in there after asking if he ran A3U.

I’d go on every message board you can and bring up all this shit. Slather their name on every TF/3P board and keep the threads bumped once a week.

20. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel > Cat Flu

News Credits:
    Yes, Boris seems like an honest guy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.