MAAS Toys Tetra Jets

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Jul 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alzabanur

alzabanur Well-Known Member

Hope the CF is funded, so they can make AS, SS, Rainmakers and possibly retooling for fembots!

2. ProtectronPrime

ProtectronPrime Subjectively Objective

Ebay:
    Normally I don't comment on faces, because whatever, but since it's out there:

I'm a fan of the neutral, annoyed, yell and terror faces. Not so sure on the other ones.

The smile just looks alien to me because I don't think I can recall Starscream actually smiling about anything. The smirk looks a little off to me - like he's chewing gum instead of looking smug. Talk looks a little too much like the Dreamwave "dull surprise". I just don't like the maniacal one. That's just me, though.

Overall, I'm not sure what's bugging me about the faces. I'm not sure if the mouth seems too big to me, or if it should just be lower on the face. The facial proportions seem disproportionately cartoony, kinda like how faces are drawn in the TF Legends pack-in comics.

That being said, i'll probably end up buying them no matter what comes out because the more I look at my iGear raptors, the less awesome they seem.

• Like Like x 1
  3. ma70er

ma70er HasTak/3P TF Collector, Gamer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    So long as they keep Starscream's exclusively dark grey and both TC and SW white/silver.

• Like Like x 1
  4. inturnmike

inturnmike Well-Known Member

If these had straight wings instead of angled at the tips.. and a longer tailfin.. it would much more represent the triangle shape the jets should resemble, in my mind. Any chance of that happening?

5. LBock

LBock TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    From their Facebook page:

It's Monday again, just about a month to go, and we're a quarter of the way there! So, many have asked about repaints and remolds. We already have a few considered, and want to open up the brainstorming to our fans. So for the next week, we will be accepting submissions for ideas!

Our crowdfunding campaign can be found at MAAS Toys ā€“ Air Soldiers Project together we can make the Air Soldiers, and possibly a rainbow army into reality! For those lacking Photoshop and MS Paint skills, you can always provide other examples of what you want to see!!

Use the line art provided and take a shot at the color schemes you want to see, next week we'll open up voting to our backers and see what repaints may happen down the line. You can post your submissions to Twitter, Facebook, or at info@maastoys.com. Make sure to tag us!

5A453750-1463-4252-8166-3D64503B6B36.jpeg F861E013-1822-4C7B-B881-02CA1D144A0F.jpeg 0119557F-1E67-431B-B480-7D56A8FE1ECB.jpeg F0F23559-7A61-43EA-9BEB-A733A0221587.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
  6. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    digi:
    Tetra.jpg

• Like Like x 12
  7. Markdelg

Markdelg Spin Road fan

News Credits:
    Again Iā€™d like to make a request to MAAS Toys if they are reading this, to please make a sticker sheet to cover up the cockpit except for a small square on top to mimic the G1 Tetrajet cockpit.

8. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel Nifty

News Credits:
    I like the design and am happy with the size... but after owning Volk I will have to wait until I see a review of the product before I buy any more MAAS products. Add to it that [I am pretty certain] the same factory made the Unrustable Bastards and several of mine were missing pieces and suffered from the same loose ball joints as Volk.

Nope, no more crowd funding for me.

9. Scaleface

Scaleface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think besides the coronation kit for SS, there should be unique accessories for the other 2 base figures. Here are my suggestions...

61.JPG skywarpmeg.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  10. Pessimus Prime

Pessimus Prime Slackerbot Commander

I really like the look of these bot modes, but I am once bitten, twice shy on the whole crowdfunding thing. Hope they get made though because I'm quite interested in them.

11. Mormolyce

Mormolyce Throbbing Member

I swear MAAS is going to wind up making tetra jets that are better Seekers than any of the regular Seekers.

• Like Like x 1
  12. LBock

LBock TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The thing that interests me about this set is that no one has made the perfect seeker yet and I think this could be it. The Takara seekers are horribly outdated and have issues with the mold. Maketoys Meteor is much better, but the face is too dark and the mold is so plain. Galaxy Meteor is the best figure, but it looks nothing like the G1 figure. I think these can be the best combination of looking really good and still being fun to transform and pose.

13. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sunstorm makes a lot of sense as it would feel like a reference to Previous toys.

I would say though that I see the merit in making a "Generic" (Clone Trooper Decepticon) in the usual Purple - but also being careful to not step on the toes of the Welcoming Comittee / Rainmakers.

But one other point to consider is what would be a nice colour - and what chracters exist who don't get any toy love.

The former for me would be Forest Green (like the limited iGear one) as I think that colour look great (not to be confused with Green-scream) and character wise Red Wing.

Sunstorm is a bit of a problem (mostly Botcon's fault) as there is the Orange one with white hands and the yellowish one with black hands - and they likely shouldn't even be the same character really.

Another thing to ponder is "eleborate" decos - such as what if Sunstrom looked like the Hasbro MP with the Flames and Acid Storm had Classic camo or MP style digital camo markings ?

I think in terms of pure sales logic it makes sense for a 3rd set to not step on another 3rd partie's toes.

Another outside the box consideration would be not a trio - but just a selection of other decos perhaps as TFCOn exclusives etc..

For example a single toy would be the likes of :

E-Hobby Black StarScream / Robotmasters Black Starscream / Machine Wars Black Starscream
    Ghost Starscream (ideally with coronation accessories)
    G2 Starscream / MP Universe "Walmart" Starscream (Basically it's white) but perhaps with some grey camo splotches.
    Universe Ramjet (in white and blue)
    Brown Thrust or grey and green Thrust (inspired by animation errors and Armada).
    Toy colour Thundercracker / Animation colour Thundercracker (which ever isn't done 1st)
    Clear Skywarp - or partially clear "Teleporting" skywarp.
    Shattered Glass Coneheads.
    G2 Ramjet

I think a Robotmasters Black Starscream deco would look nice though.

14. Scourgatron

Scourgatron Heavy Metal Flamewar

News Credits:
    Totally buying this.

15. Max Rawhide

Max Rawhide Well-Known Member

Completely not interested in the core three and the coneheads, so very good news for me that they're considering further repaints.

Hoping for some of the colours we actually see during Cybertron scenes.

The pine/forrest green is much wanted. Would also love a (DW inspired deco) Sunstorm.

16. cj37a

cj37a Well-Known Member

I'll take one of each of the seekers/cone heads.
    Fabulous.

17. lordcryotek

lordcryotek Well-Known Member

I wish these were simply a regular retail release, I can't afford to throw down money at something that might not happen. Still, they look nice, if anything I'd spend more time refining that face sculpt...maybe see if MMC's face designer has some time? Otherwise, these are still my favorite design I've seen so far from third parties.

18. LBock

LBock TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    They said these will be released at retail if the crowdfunded in successful. There is an option on their page to not be charged until the end of the campaign and only if it's successful. You would still have to wait a while for your figure though, I think they said it wouldn't be until next spring at the earliest and more likely would be next summer before the figure is released. The cool thing is that they're letting the backers have input into the design of these figures and for the repaints.

@Spence went into detail on a podcast with the Transmissions guys about the campaign here Special Episode 5 - Spencer Wilson From MAAS Toys | TransMissions Podcast Network

19. lordcryotek

lordcryotek Well-Known Member

I mean...they have my theoretical support, but I never put money down on anything before I've watched at least three or four reviews of a figure and read through a thread a dozen or so times to watch for QC issues. If my finances were different, I totally would, this project deserves to be made...which is why I wish it was a regular retail release.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2018
  20. Spence

Spence Well-Known Member

Please understand, you can support but you don't have to put money down at this time, you can just support. If the support does not reach the target then no money is ever taken from you. If the target is reached then you will be billed at a later time, likely late july or aug for your pledge, be it one figure, the set or whatever it is you requested in your support pledge.

Again, no money is needed up front and if the goal is not met then no money will ever be needed to exchange hands.

Thanks for the plug Ibock, yes the plan is to have these done for next summer but of course would push to have them done before CNY if possible. we want perfection of course so sometimes longer ensures a better product.

If it was a regular release there would be no need for a Crowdfund. Biggest issue is that, as explained in the podcast noted above, currently these are much outside our budget constraints. So that being said, if the crowdfund is not successful then no figure, retail or otherwise.

Hope that makes sense and of course if you have questions or are not fully clear then please feel free to ask.

• Like Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.