MAAS Toys Tetra Jets

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Jul 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LBock

LBock Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ok, that makes sense. Thanks for the clarification. I think I'm as excited for a good set of coneheads as I am for the regular set.

2. Mormolyce

Mormolyce Throbbing Member

So what has MAAS released so far? Just Skiff? How was Skiff, anyway?

3. Spence

Spence Well-Known Member

MAAS has released Skiff and his recolors, correct, and that was awesome if I do say so myself....(well maybe a thing or two I may have changed in hindsight but none the less, manufacturing on it was great) and MAAS has also produced the items from the Mayhem Mekanics line of figures which seems to have turned out very good indeed.

MAAS is also working with Sunok Studios on producing their 4 inch sci-fi line of figures which a very different process from doing ABS plastic robots so there is some variable abilities going on there.

There is also some pretty big behind closed doors development that should hopefully come to light soon and that should alleviate most concerns. Point is, they know what is going on and have an ear to the ground so to speak. They listen to the community and are a pretty big part of it as well.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Right there with ya man.

I've seen it happen for years, and still don't understand the mentality behind it.

• Like Like x 1
  5. LBock

LBock Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The thing that's impressed me with MAAS is that the figures they've released have had really good quality. A lot of newer companies usually have QC issues with their first figures. The figures aren't perfect, but they are really fun to mess with and still look pretty good on the shelf. I personally have gotten bored with all the companies making slavish G1 figures that aren't fun to mess with or that I'm worried will break or chip paint if I transform it too many times. Companies like MAAS and MMC are making those figures that I wish Hasbro would make.

• Like Like x 2
  6. alzabanur

alzabanur Well-Known Member

IMO Skiff and the recolors are good CHUG style figures, they have limitations like articulation and is based on the design aesthetics. But as a Cybertronian BB style figure they pull if off very well. Also the quality is very good for a 3P first toy. I have mess with it and I can tell that they are ahead of other that are solid right now (FP, MMC, KFC or X-Transbots). I now that they have to learn and don't take me wrong, but Mayhem Mekanics UB and Prospects are awesome figures. The build quality, the paint apps, articulation, plastic in hand feel, the design. I can tell that they took their experience from other projects before Skiff and from Skiff as doing it by themselves (design, prototyping, factory schedule, very important funding and distribution (including release)) for the first time as a company to the next level with the UB figures. I got myself all of the 4 bikes and for these I went for the 3 pack with confidence that the plastic quality will be there, the pictures of the designs look very solid and once at TFCon some reviewers get to see it they can vouch for it. In the end is your choice, but after me taking risk over the years with many HasTak and 3P, so far MAAS Toys are on my top Tier with MMC, MakeToys, FansToys, Fans Hobby and Planet X. They been constant in their quality, but I've seen MAAS Toys being more Customer Service friendlier or approachable.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Mormolyce

Mormolyce Throbbing Member

Well now I have to go and get a Skiff too.

I'm going to tell on you guys for peer pressure!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Wh33ls

Wh33ls Original G1 kid, and loves Beasties as much, eh!

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    I bought both skiff and gold during spring cleaning sale, and I'm very pleased with my purchase! Gold looks particularly sexy with those gold sleek curves. :cool: 

Last edited: Jun 4, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  9. alzabanur

I saw the red custom and now I am tempted to get another one!

10. Spence

Spence Well-Known Member

Isn't that beautiful? Skiff was never supposed to be done in red as cliffjumper is slated to have his own mold but I am not going to lie, after seeing that custom I have a few things perculating in my mind. I never considered at all how good it would look in red. The only difficulty I see would be replicating the drybrushed black on the legs.

I will admit that Volk was always my favorite of the 4, with the black hip/nose pieces and the very subtle light grey. The red one really makes me want to take a brush to mine and see if some of those paint apps can really bring it to the next level.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Spence

Spence Well-Known Member

Peer pressure is the way of the playground. You are going to have to deal with it. Deal and get yourself a Skiff! Hahaha;) :D 

12. alzabanur

Now that you mentioned a Cliffjumper, I am curious on how it will turn out!

13. Grimlock4Prime

Grimlock4Prime Member

I really hope this happens. I'm only in for one figure, but that has to do with my approach to seekers. Normally, I don't go in for 3 of one mold. Instead I'll buy three different figures that are similar in scale. Right now I have a Galaxy Meteor and a Planet X Skywarp. Hoping to add Stormbreaker for my trio of tetra jet-ish Cybertronian seekers.

• Like Like x 2
  14. ProtectronPrime

ProtectronPrime Subjectively Objective

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I got my hands on Volk and Rune (Glyph). Normally I don't give a rat's behind about face sculpts, but they actually managed to give Glyph a feminine face. But for the shoulder mess that these figures seem to have, they're pretty great. Glad to have them since I love obscure little figures.

Had no idea they had worked on the Mayhem Mekanics stuff. That explains the butter smooth ball joints in construction and the hardy plastics.
    I do and don't want these tetrajets. I've been interested in a new voyager size seeker mold, but after paying through the nose for those old iGear raptors ages ago, I don't know if I have the heart to replace them as ugly (and floppy) as some might feel they are.

15. LBock

LBock Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    MAAS Toys posted on Facebook that they made it to 20% in 4 days. Hopefully that's a good sign for the project getting funded.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Fonz

Fonz Well-Known Member

Nice work MAAS. :thumb 

Looking forward to this. Hope the crowdfunding is successful. Would love to one day see a Cybertronian Jazz and Wheeljack.

5C1D2061-AD74-4B82-8980-6B61AC5F8B74.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
  17. Spence

Spence Well-Known Member

Everyone thanks you for your support!

• Like Like x 1
  18. LBock

LBock Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Update from MAAS Toys on Facebook:

This just in... We took your suggestions for faces for each figure and have some in-progress renders. Ultimately, we'd like each Air Soldier to come with a neutral face and 2 "personality" faces, each shareable between figures. Note: these are not final! MAAS Toys – Air Soldiers Project

Share your thoughts and your suggestions using the comments!

35374513_968261320022929_2384796697231360000_o.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  19. thrustjet24

thrustjet24 Little known member of the Rainmakers

They look really good. As long as all of them are available between Starsscream, Thundercracker, Skywarp and any other non-Conehead seekers (Rainmakers & Sunstorm), I'll be a happy camper.

20. LBock

LBock Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They said this in another post:

"We would like to clarify, upon hitting the main goal, all 6 figures will be produced. The amount of time between releases will depend upon the amount of funding. The stretch goals open up discounts on the Pointmen, and the possibility of other remolds and repaints."

So it sounds like they're definitely committed to 6 as long as they get funding but that the others are dependent on demand. I'm curious how easy it would be for them to do a small run of repaints like Acid Storm or Sunstorm. I'm definitely in for the 6, but I'm not sure I'd pick up the others. It definitely sounds like there's some demand for them though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.