LUCKYCAT - MVP-01 ATLAS (DLX ROTB OPTIMUS PRIME)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by octobotimus, Jun 6, 2023.

1. Cube2121

Cube2121 Well-Known Member

Does anyone know/speculate release date based on LuckyCat's release schedule?

2. Ramjet555

Ramjet555 Well-Known Member

Finally...MP ROTB stuff is close. Looks good, it's a bit flat but for that $100 price range you can't beat this.

• Like Like x 2
  3. octobotimus

octobotimus Bad company ruins good morals

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    There is no price for this yet, everything price related is speculation and wishful thinking.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2024
  4. Easterburn

Easterburn Your friendly neighborhood Digibasher

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    End of Q3, start of Q4. It's on the title of their post.

• Like Like x 1
  5. MV Steve

MV Steve Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
  6. Zoo

Zoo Yuh Mein

Ebay:
    not confirmed but not exactly baseless speculation either

• Like Like x 1
  7. Wh1tebase

Wh1tebase Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
  8. octobotimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    It’s $2, that’s not high or abnormal for Showz.

9. Primidian

Primidian Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    When do the prices of 3rd party figures usually get revealed? Is it during the preorder phase or when they are ready to ship?

10. Wh1tebase

Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    It's usually cheaper isn't it? Its like $1.20 usually for other stuff. Maybe i just dont buy expensive stuff from them enough haha

11. octobotimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    They just randomly put $2 on a few preorders. It doesn’t really relate to price, as that megatank re-issue is rather cheap and has a $2 deposit.

if you want to see the expensive deposits, look at Fanstoys preorders on their site. $40 deposits for those. And those aren’t astronomical prices when they release either.

• Like Like x 2
  12. meisterman

meisterman i am in love with rotb

Monocrat Megatank (B vers.) had/has a $2 deposit and is only $110 total, so I think the deposit is more just an assumption of the final price rather than anything informed by the manufacturer/company

Edit: ah, beat me to it

• Like Like x 1
  13. Shmoptimus Prime

Shmoptimus Prime Za Warudo!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Yeah one of the best things about the bayverse is it pushed transforming toy design so much farther due to the complex and seemingly impossible designs. Now it seems that being more G1 is pushing them backwards again... I like the look of this figure overall, but every company on earth is so fucking lazy about G1 OP truck modes.
    Well this prime is much smaller than the bayverse one, so technically MPM scale for this figure would put him at more like 20cm, which is why people are confused that you're OK with the scale here.
    But there are still parts of the cab that could be used in the legs. G1 Primes are so often thought of as: "cab is torso legs are the back" but there needs to be innovation there.
    Bayverse primes have generally done a better job with cleaning up the back of the truck, but this is something they should have been doing all along too! People do think that the new MM02 will have this as part of the transformation, which would be amazing.
    Yeah I completely agree, but every G1 Prime gets a pass somehow. They really should do better.

• Like Like x 4
  14. meisterman

I mean I’d think most people would assume any derivative of MP scale would put Optimus at the same size as MP-10/44, especially when the official Bumblebee one based on the same scale also goes with that standard 10-11 inch height. If we were going relative to Bayverse scale then the Studio Series one would effectively be MPM scale, and I don’t think anyone would consider that for a second.

I absolutely agree about the bed needing some innovation though, I just don’t agree that the SS38 method is the way to do it. There’s so much of the cab that every design decides to just compact up and fill up the inside of the torso with, but at least some of it could be used inside out for leg panels so that less mass has to go to the bed in vehicle mode. MP-44 may be a little too over the top in engineering but the idea of using otherwise purposeless cab kibble to fill in the legs is a really good one.

• Like Like x 1
  15. pigeonskyrat

pigeonskyrat Vettel GOAT

well fuck. that truck bed is the worst offender by far

• Like Like x 2
  16. Wh1tebase

Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Oh right i see. Yeah, i think just by coincidence all my preorder deposits have never been more than $1 for me. Now i know haha

• Like Like x 1
  17. meisterman

Yeah it’s really bad. The shins are a bit whatever but the enormous thighs are a little too distracting. I definitely prefer it over SS-102’s shin fins attached to the back of the cab but it’d be nice not to have such a massive sacrifice on an MP style version. Hopefully the price will make them feel less egregious? Feels like there won’t be a lot of options for this guy at this size if the bayverse and bumblebee versions are anything to go by.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Nova Maximus

Nova Maximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's more a long nose truck has more surface area when it comes to the truck bead than a flat nose truck, and most long nose Optimus designs have the legs also form parts of the cab itself. But even then not all of the toys can pull it off.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Cause there's no way in hell you will ever get an accurate flat nose truck bed to form Optimus's entire leg and thigh sections, even with adding brand-new parts on the truck mode to try and compensate. So as the truck bed looks decent that's all that's needed, since it's just the back of the alt-mode and most likely later covered by a trailer.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
  19. Shmoptimus Prime

Shmoptimus Prime Za Warudo!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Nah SS would be too small still. Just compare the truck modes. There would definitely be an in-between scale that would put knightverse stuff in MPM scale. Also, I was specifically talking about MPM scale, which is different than MP. MP at this point is more of a general scaling, since it includes beast wars, the train it’s, etc. mPM is much more specific, and that’s what the original poster was asking about.
    True that the flat nose has more surface area but the robot modes are also bigger to compensate, so this prime using some of the cab as some of the legs just makes way too much sense to not be considered. Just have red cab panels on the inside of the thighs for instance, and have them fold up to form the back of the cab. Doesn’t have to be a headache rack. This prime specifically has a LOT of leg mass and a smaller torso than the BBM prime, so it’s even more distracting in truck mode. Having less panels that have to fold out of the arms and chest to form the cab would only help the torso be more accurate (and probably more fun to transform) anyways.

20. oprime376

oprime376 Well-Known Member

TMT is making an evasion prime using the flat nose truck. The truck bed so far looked clean and it makes us wonder how it transforms actually unlike the other G1 inspired movie prime figures where you just know how the legs will transform.

• Like Like x 4