Lucky Draw G1 Dragoyell and G1 Mini-con Team

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by rikkomba, May 14, 2021.

1. rikkomba

rikkomba Hunger

Dragoyell is a repaint of Classics Nightscream, the dragon minicon.

Dragoyell was initially announced as a limited edition of 2,000 copies. For some unclear reason, the 2,000 copies were drastically reduced to 1-10% at maximum, with Dragoyell becoming a Lucky Draw micron.

In alt mode, Dragoyell is a Western dragon, just like Classics Nightscream. limited articulation for its jaw, wings, neck and tail.

I find the color scheme to be quite refreshing, with more details and variety than most other microns.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

In robot mode, Dragoyell is again a straight repaint of Nightscream, albeit with a much more interesting color scheme. It's a shame that one of the most generous paint applications covers the belly of the dragon and the calves of the robot, usually hidden from sight.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Compared to the other versions of this mold, Dragoyell is one of the most interesting ones. Universe Brimstone is quite competent as well.
    Left to right:

Classics Nightscream
    G1 Dragoyell
    Universe Brimstone
    Universe Brimstone v2 (Fizzy Energon UK exclusive)
    Movie Advanced Series Dinoboy Sling

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

G1 Mini-con Team

[​IMG]

Two other microns complement Dragoyell to form what I named "G1 Minicon Team", a repaint of the Classics Clear Skies Team.
    - Henkei! Henkei! Cybertron Sling, repaint of Classics Thunderwing
    - Henkei! Henkei! Skyglide, repaint of Classics Steel Wind

Another repaint of Thunderwing, Noise Effect, was already re-assigned to the Classics Clear Skies Team, making that a four members team.

Overall, G1 Dragoyell is a great repaint of an OK minicon, and is probably one of the rarest microns outside other Lucky Draws. Because of its rarity and cost, I can't wholeheartedly recommend it, but on its own merits I give it a 8/10.

• Like Like x 3