Lucky Cat Extreme Trans ET-02 Reder (TFBB Optimus Prime)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by magicube, Sep 18, 2023.

1. wings

wings Well-Known Member

Unless you open the chest of MPM; it is not visible. But what was on the image above with the MPM Prime; it is clearly there in the open chested Prime. I don't own any of those Prime you listed; and if none of these has the matrix; my guess would be none of these has the matrix chamber made (as in no room to make one due to transformation). I'm not sure but since MPM Prime is also official (Hasbro/Takara) which we can clearly see when the chest is open then I just can't deny its (the "matrix") possible existence.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Good thing this isn't an official figure :p 

• Like Like x 2
  3. Illiterate Scholar

Illiterate Scholar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't need another Matrix, but the rest of the figure looks fantastic. I'm blown away that they were able to replicate the DLX figure's ab crunch is a limited fashion.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Xkcer Man

Xkcer Man Autobot

News Credits:
    Looks like a lot fewer ball joints. I may actually get this thing.

5. Shmoptimus Prime

Shmoptimus Prime Za Warudo!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    They're not really supposed to be different. Any figure of this design is trying to recreate what we saw on screen. So they should try for accuracy. If/when we see the matrix on-screen again someday, a good number of the figures that have been released of this prime will have their matrixes become obsolete. Also, if they can't hold them, then they're pretty useless. Can't even light our darkest hour, so what's the damn point? So they're useless AND most likely not screen accurate. What's the point again then?
    Sure, but not holding it properly isn't personal preference, that's just a badly designed accessory.
    Only live action primes to have a matrix "officially" are the two MPM Primes. One has a screen-accurate matrix that it can hold as per the movies (MPM4) and one does not (MPM12). That's very weak "evidence" that he's "supposed to" have a matrix that looks a certain way.
    Yes agreed. It's not a big deal it's just a lame thing that often compromises the engineering cause the chest HAS to have a matrix...
    Yeah that is awesome, honestly.

• Like Like x 1
  6. wings

wings Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, the proportions on these products do look different to their on screen appearance in different degrees. For me, it stores a matrix and it does the job. Was there a moment in these live action movies that they have the "light our darkest hour" scene; I can't really remember. If there isn't a scene like that in the film then whether the bot holds it or not (for me) it becomes a non issue (because there is no need for a design for that). So if you want the MPM12 to hold the matrix and the scene wasn't in the film (which I can't remember if such scene is in the Bumblebee movie) then that would just be a personal preference. And I think you are missing the point because (as far as I can tell) the question was whether it has or it hasn't and not what it does look like?

7. Shmoptimus Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    You can't remember if there was a matrix opening scene in Bumblebee? Yeesh.

And yes, the question did evolve into what does it look like, hence all the discussion about it. This figure both has an inaccurate matrix AND it can't hold it.

8. wings

wings Well-Known Member

No, I didn't remember there was a prime holding up the matrix scene. My bad. I've tried but I just can't seem to be able to find any screenshots of Prime holding up the matrix.

Isn't the whole question based on this comment?
    Unless there was a separate question some where that I'm unaware of. If that was the case then I don't think anyone really is debating on what it should look like and you are probably just arguing to yourself.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2023
  9. pigeonskyrat

pigeonskyrat Vettel GOAT

there wasnt a scene where he holds up the matrix. the closest we have gotten is a peek at the matrix chamber through the chest windows in rotb

10. wings

wings Well-Known Member

Thanks for clearing that up.

11. Shmoptimus Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    You are so concerned with what the "original question was" but guess what? Discussions can evolve. This is a stupid conversation now.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Now? Pretty sure the conversation in this thread has been stupid for about the last page and a half :lolol 

• Like Like x 3
  13. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    Yeah it’s amazing how we get an awesome video of the figure and 90% of the comments after it is just talk about the wafer you stick in Prime’s chest.

• Like Like x 5
  14. Shmoptimus Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Haha it is wafer-like. Anyways the figure does look excellent. I wonder when it will actually release? I forgot if I actually preordered or not. I wasn’t in a rush cause I have Metagate’s, but this one may be much better so we’ll see.

• Like Like x 1
  15. wings

wings Well-Known Member

Funny how you find the conversation stupid after you steer the main point so far off.

16. nutnut

nutnut Well-Known Member

Are we going to get a proper transformation video. Better that the mobile phone one at least. It was ok but i couldn't see what was going on very well.

17. wings

wings Well-Known Member

I think that might be the official one; even if they are making another one later I think it would be in a similar format. I think that was how it was with their Bee figure. For a better quality video I think we will probably need to wait for a proper YouTuber review.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Zodiac1968340

Zodiac1968340 Beast Wars fan

News Credits:

• Like Like x 6
  19. Theosaurus

Theosaurus Well-Known Member

Thats a very involved transformation. Wonder if it will fall into the "involved but actually simple once you understand it" group, or the "oh no there are panels everywhere and they keep getting in the way of eachother" category.

The look of both modes is outstanding so I guess only time will tell if they're able to beat metagates comparatively simple transformation.

20. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    Hope it's shipping soon.