Lucifer [Official Discussion]

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by hellrasinbrasin, Feb 19, 2015.

1. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    Given the outrage of the producers and how they'll feel the fans will be livid with the cliffhanger, it was pretty easy to guess what it was.

Chloe sees Lucifers devil face after realizing that Lucifer really wasn't hiding behind metaphors.

Looking back, if the Pierce arc had been for the first half of the season, I may have liked it better, plus it would've had better pacing and they could've avoided the last few awful episodes. Plus by tightening it up they could've moved Maze's subplot of figuring out how to fix a broken friendship so that it seemed a little less 8 year old girlish.

Having a 24 episode overall plot for that just feels wasted. That it gets cancelled only highlights that even further.

The plot worked because it neatly tied so many elements together, Amenadiel went home, Charlotte went to heaven, Maze shows how important Linda is, Linda gets to finally voice her sorrow, Dan figured out Pierce did it, Chloe figures out the truth, and Lucifer gets to be both angel and devil. All of it came together nicely and was a largely satisfying ending. It even opens the door for a new plot of Ella questioning her faith. And of course, the crux of it that Chloe now sees Lucifer for who he is.
    Had that been the mid season finale, the back half could've been awesome and I think more people would've been pleased with the show. But here we are, that all happened and there won't be any more. Then like last season, they've got a "floater" episode that they hoped would be in next season to avoid an "off week" if/when they need it so there'd be an extra episode without a gap.

Oh well, it sucks, but that's the way the Omelette gets made.

2. hellrasinbrasin

hellrasinbrasin Well-Known Member

Pravus Prime

I can almost guarantee that fans are gonna be livid with the note the series ends on. And to be fair its not like its gonna equal the rage fest that happened with the way Farscape was canned by scifi following the end of its 4th season but it'll be a close second.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Fuzz

Fuzz Garbage Pail Kid

Cliffhanger from hell!!!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  5. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I'm honestly surprised The Exorcist made it to a second season. My g/f watched the show and said the second season was pretty dreadful.

6. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Behold, Gagatron!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  7. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

Why Lucifer Was Cancelled Without A Season 4, According To Fox

So it was successful but not successful enough to make the cut.

8. BB Shockwave

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This really annoys me. They could have at least let the writers known in advance, so they could have wrapped things up better knowing there would be no more chances.
    This leaves it unresolved how Chloe deals with what she now knows for sure...
    I did wonder why Cain/Pierce was stupid enough to think he would go to Heaven, given the guy spent millenia being evil, just one act of goodness would not make him forgiven. Heck just the Sinnerman stuff he did in the last few decades would be reason enough for damnation if you consider the things associated with that persona.
    I liked the talk between Linda and Maze, really nice scene. And Dan had ample time to shine too. Pierce's downfall was, I guess, that he had no idea Charlotte was investigating him on Amenadiel's behalf... otherwise he would have had a henchman destroy those documents.

9. JukeOutlander

JukeOutlander Combat Antihero

News Credits:
    I wonder if the two crappy filler episodes affected the ratings enough to warrant the cancellation.

10. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

• Like Like x 1
  11. Pravus Prime

News Credits:
    I think spending nearly 22 episodes on the Cain subplot had something to do with that. I really would like TV shows to realize that having a first season long mystery/plot element is fine, but after that unless you have a damn good reason, start breaking them up after your first season. I'd rather have two good 12 episodes arcs then one tiresome, stretched out 24 episode arc. If the writers are skilled enough, they could even overlap a few stories even.

Some of the guest cast seems like they may even channel the comics a bit.

12. JukeOutlander

JukeOutlander Combat Antihero

News Credits:
    ^ Hear hear!

Those two episodes hopefully answers some questions like Chloe's reaction, if Amenadiel will come back for a goodbye, etc.

• Like Like x 1
  13. rattrap007

rattrap007 One meme mutha f’er TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    First episode was good. Lopez has a ghost best friend while solving a crime. Second episode is a what if episode. Just starting it. Chloe is a movie star instead of a cop. Charolette is Lucifer's lawyer. Dr. Linda is Chloe's doctor.

Best little bit that made me laugh is Chloe and Linda are talking in her office. Chloe remarks how they replicated her office perfectly and they get up revealing the set is actually a tv stage set as they walk off. There is a sign indicating it is for a talk show or something. Kinda hilarious seeing them use the shows set as a tv show set in the show. Love little 4th wall gags like this.

Edit:
    Holy crap! The narrator reveals himself to be God!

14. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

In more ways than one. That's the voice of Neil Gaiman.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Pravus Prime

News Credits:
    Enjoyed the first one with Lopez quite a bit, though
    Given that they were deliberately keeping Lucifer and Ray-ray apart and the article about Azrael being in one of the stand alone episodes, it was fairly easy to put that together, though I still liked the ending.

Found the second one to be a bit tedious, though I do appreciate that Maze had the half-mask from the comics.

What better role for the creator of the series? That's the actual author of the Lucifer comics (among many other things).

16. ssjkazer

ssjkazer mr dyslexia

News Credits:
    those 2 eps seem to annoy me more then anything, they introduce a new character that could be really intreasting, but from what i can tell and the behavior for that one ep it looks like she is all cool with him being the devil...

17. Fuzz

Fuzz Garbage Pail Kid

She did mention near the end that she had seen some crazy things lately, and she did seem rather distant from Lucifer. It was him and Dan for most of the episode.

18. BB Shockwave

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well this was an unexpected surprise. And at least the first one is pretty fun to watch, I am loving it. Man I hope some other channel - like DC's - picks this up.

Having read both Sandman AND Lucifer (though I dropped it after he manipulates that girl to create his own universe), I cannot understand why people always make this mistake. Lucifer was NOT written by Gaiman. It was written by Mike Carey (Lucifer (DC Comics) - Wikipedia)... which frankly was kinda why it sucked. He just did these repeating and annoyingly repetitve storylines of:
    -A: Some ancient god or monster surfaces and tries to - OF COURSE! - take over/destroy the world
    -B: Lucifer tells them he retired and won't stand in their way
    -C: The villains are stupid and decide to kill Lucifer anyway, figuring (like with DC's Lex Luthor) that he is too big of a player to ignore.
    -D: This ends up biting them in the ass because Lucifer is that Xanatos-type "I have planned out everything eons ago" character and he effortlessly kills them, usually by manipulating others to do it for him.
    Gaiman did create Lucifer for Sandman, but frankly he was in like, 2 story arcs of that series, and it was mostly about him leaving Hell and giving Dream the keys. Sure, I too was intrigued by such a version of the character, but frankly what the spinoff did with him was... annoying. Maze too, especially. She turned from a silent badass to an overly important demon because of course her mother is Lilith herself and such and she has to be the center of a myriad of plots...

Btw, I'd like to see some explanation someday about "Mum"... 'cause she obviously isn't in the Bible, duh - but also not in the comics. Lilith exists, but she was mother of demons, Lucifer and the other angels spawned them by having sex with her and her Lilim (which also was some plan gazillion years in the making, of course... so she can take over Heaven after God left...)

Oh and in the comics, Amenadiel is a white guy/angel who looks like Michael Ironside, and he starts bloody wars - sacrificing a ton of angels and mortals - just because he hates Lucifer with a passion. The comic falls to the stupid trope of all angels being dicks, as well as really stupid for ageless beings who should have seen all this before. Lucifer ends up killing him after he challenges him to a duel, happens pretty soon in the comic.

19. BB Shockwave

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Okay, episode 25 is all awesome. I dunno what I was expecting, but I was not expecting catfights at a furry conventions, a nerdy ghost and Lucifer and Dan being made fools by a little girl in a theme park. :D  Another reason why this show is so unexpected and awesome a lot of times.

20. rattrap007

rattrap007 One meme mutha f’er TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    One thing i missed was seeing Trixie in these episodes. I can understand her not being in the what if episode. Chloe and Dan never hooked up. Why not ake it that Chloe had a different ex, and a different kid? Or took the angelina jolie route and adopted a few kids.

Last edited: May 29, 2018