Love The Holidays

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Soundwave, Dec 18, 2007.

1. Soundwave

Soundwave Chillin' Like A Villian

Alright, I just had to post this one. I work at Blockbuster Video. Very crappy job, but the people I work with make it worth it. Anyway, I dealt with this one customer several days ago and he claimed that every 2nd DVD he rents from us doesn't work at skips all the time. He began to make a deal about having to come back and replace them, and begins to get irate. Anyway, I give him a free rental over the phone and make a note that all rentals are to be checked for him to make sure it doesn't happen again, making us perform unnecessary credits (which are to be avoided). Anyway, the same guy comes in tonight (really scummy looking guy too) and he claims that POTC 3 doesn't work. He asks me to play it in the machine behind the counter and I play the final battle, which plays fine. I still give him another copy though. Anyway, I get a call from him an hour later
    Me: "Good evening, Blockbuster Video."
    Him:"Yeah, I talked to you earlier about Pirates, it's skipping again! It's at that part. Watch right now, it's doing it!"
    Me: "Sir, I'm on the phone, I can't see anything."
    Him: "Well listen, you can hear it skipping!" (All I heard was the volume blasting and him yelling in the background)
    Me: "I can't make out anything over the phone and I can't see your TV."
    Him: "Oh, okay."
    Me: "Alright, bye." (Click).

I really love this time of year.:crazy: 

2. FreshDebesh

FreshDebesh <b><font color=brickred>oye chak de phatte!</font> Veteran

His cheap ass needs to buy a new dvd player at walmart.

3. Deceptikitty

Deceptikitty all about the hasubandos

Does he have a mullet?

4. Soundwave

Well, close. Long dirty black hair. And I've brought the fact of a new DVD player to him. He swears it's not the player.

5. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i want your job man.

6. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

What a crackhead! I congatulate you on your patience with that jerk.

7. Talathia

Talathia TFW's Cool Little Heathen

Same here.

I usually don't have to deal with customers at my job (stocking over night at HD). But we were running late one morning, and some customer/cruddy looking Contractor comes into the tool area and asks me where this certain size drill bit was.

Him: Do you have any 7/8th drill bits?
    Me: I work over-night sir, and I don't stock in hardware, I'll see if I can find someone who-...
    Him: (this apparently is a apocalyptic disaster) *angrily grabs a handful of other drill bits* WHERE ARE THEYYYY *shakes them in my face*
    Me: ... D8;; *runs to the paint department to hide*

8. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

I worked at blockbuster when I was a teenager.

I got in trouble for yelling at customers.

9. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    :lol 

im glad i worked the service line before college, makes me appreciate you guys a bit more.

10. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Was he watching it from his truck that's parked on the front lawn?

11. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    Tell him he is more than welcome to give his business to Hollywood Video,.

12. Mike

Mike Banned

Ebay:
    :lol  what an awesome phonecall

13. Soundwave

I'd assume so. According to his account he lives on the outskirts of town. But it's just weird that this stuff happens around the holidays. Like a switch goes off and everybody just decides to become stupid. I had another guy the same night try to get a discount of buying a new game because he bought a used one that was defective, acting like he was the first person to ever have a defective game.

I'm more really just tired of people in general. You'd assume during the holiday season people would make the extra effort to be nice and go that little bit further for other people.

I also assume, like Talathia or Dark_Convoy, most of us have worked in the service industry somewhat. Being on the business side of the counter I make it a point to be extra polite to cashiers or salespeople because it's the way I want to be treated. But it just doesn't happen. I don't know if all retail places are bad or Blockbuster is worse, but people make me sick.

Anyway, but of a rant there. Glad I got some of it out. I think my girlfriend and coworkers are tired of me bitching. But other than customers, it's a great job. If only we could take them out of the equation...

14. edicius

edicius I need a drink.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  15. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    That summs it up, VERY nicely. I also commend you on your patience, I'm glad I don't work in a busy place like that because this time of year I'd be fired for multiple anger explosions. I have to avoid even SHOPPING places since I tend to swear very loudly at people, especially parents who don't keep track of their god damn kids.

16. Talathia

Talathia TFW's Cool Little Heathen

Same here, and I often try and make small-friendly talk and praise them for working day-shift. At restaurants I try and leave a nice tip- if I can afford to. One night at Friendly's the cook walked out on them, and the waitress had to prepare their own meals. This one table was getting nasty with the poor girl. I told her to take her time, and that I didn't mind waiting.

I mean do you people think I work graveyard shift because I -like- throwing my internal clock off balance and the health risks?
    I seriously have no patience to deal with customers for 8 hours a day. Let alone in a hardware store; where explosives, blow torches, acid, and crow-bars are readily available :}...

17. Soundwave

You're right, I've only read a couple of 'em so far, but I love it. Thanks for the link, I'm passing it on to all of the coworkers. Another good one is http://www.ihateblockbuster.com/forum//index.php
    It's fun to see customer complain and then have employees rip 'em up. Good stories there too.

18. Soundwave84

Soundwave84 Banned

News Credits:
    wow what an idiot i hate when people think they know my job better then them or are just out to get free stuff