Love, Nut Hugging, and Fups, Oh my!

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by mweeuser, May 12, 2016.

1. mweeuser

mweeuser Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No, I'm not drunk. But after completing a dinobot team and insecticon team of masterpiece style figures I really am beside myself with happiness. You mostly see complaining on these boards and I get it, I do plenty. But what an awesome unique thing to love and to have the ability to collect such detailed modern versions of toys we loved 30 years ago. That doesn't happen all the time it does feel like a time to really engage as it probably won't last forever.

About 3 months after quakewave dropped I got swayed to try 3rd party by all the gushing reviews. I haven't looked back, Badcube, Maketoys, MMC/ocular max, XTransbots, Fanstoys, all on my shelves now. I have most of the takara MP line as well, love them all, "equally". I think it's amazing the completness already of season 1. So many options for different preferences, engagement with some of these 3rd party companies is amazing as well.

As they were my first (quakewave) and the source of my two teams I just completed I do have to give a big shout to FansToys. They aren't perfect, I've had my issues, but we have a gorgeous team of dinobots and insecticons at a very high level of detail and quality (not going to debate it but higher than takara at this point). I do believe their success with quakewave and then announcements to do the dinobots really unleased the 3rd party masterpiece era we are in. Lots of others have stepped and fully compete now as well. But hats off to their vision and equal love of g1 transformers. As I mentioned the company engagement above, FT is one of the best. This just happened to me last night with my last insecticon

[​IMG]

I would be very careful with those wings and clasps as FT has said. I do think I wasn't as cautious as I could have been and therefore I didn't feel it was right to ask BBTS to replace so I was feeling screwed. I know others have reached out to dalainjj and I had on a height question a while back. So I showed him my issue and said I didn't view it as a defect but is there anyway I could get a replacement wing/rotational part. Five dollars via paypal later and he is air mailing me one. Where else in life do companies do this? I am very happy with that!

We should all just have a big F'n smile all the time because this entire G1 transformer masterpiecey epidemic too shall pass.

In closing...yay transformers!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Honesty

Honesty honestly, Honesty!

News Credits:
    Yeah. FT are and will always be one of the best.

3. o1dpain1ess

o1dpain1ess Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Awesome to hear FT was so quick to help you!

I got my Forager today and I definitely can see how the wings and clasps might be an issue. The clasps should be fine as long as you follow the specific unclasp/rotation order. It definitely makes me nervous grabbing the wings to rotate them though.. just feels a tad too stiff for a thin plastic piece.

4. Splendic

Splendic bleep blorp

Ebay:
    Since as a customer base it seems we're not taking advantage of the middle men for much it's a shame we can't just buy the figures from FT direct for much cheaper.

Hey Dalianjj can you send me an entire replacement Forager?

$50 over paypal ok?

:lol 

5. GR1ML0CK

GR1ML0CK Dinobot Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Truth be told that's what the big figures retail for. Think oversize op and grim. That said I don't mind overpaying for the awesome awesomeness. Yay life

6. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    dalainjj is a top bloke he's helped me out before :)