Lots of new Hasbro stock photos!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Nevermore, Apr 7, 2018.

1. Shmoptimus Prime

Shmoptimus Prime Za Warudo! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    I'm a bit worried about my man Brawl. I thought the treads in his shoulders were going to be more angled forward like the CGI model and here they look very flat and vertical. Is he just transformed incorrectly? And the weapons in tank mode really look piled on top of him so the actual tank is barely showing through. I have a feeling that in-hand he will be better though.

Megatron looks about as good as he can. Bot mode is awesome, and tank mode is very accurate. I just never liked that tank mode.

2. Blam320

Blam320 Assembly Inventor

News Credits:
    Knowing Hasbro, both figures are mistransformed in some way, in both modes.

I honestly wonder why they haven't fired their official photographers yet and hired new ones who at least actually bother to look at the instructions.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Nemesis Otaku

Nemesis Otaku “This is the way.”

Instagram:
    Well, seems I'm one of the few who are buying Brawl. I don't see how people can right him off due to this pics, despite the fact that these photos always give us an incorrect look at a figure. If anything, I'd rant about who ever the
    Fuck
    took these awful pictures.

There should be a campaign to get a new photographer. I don't want to sound rude, but it's starting to drive me crazy.

FYI, I'll be buying everything we see in these pics.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Nemisispath

Nemisispath Needs a new username

I think I\'m gonna stick with Brawl\'s original Deluxe figure...

And what the hell is going on with those prime master pics? How the hell can anyone mistransform something so simple that badly?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Fasttrack

Fasttrack Super-Unvincible

News Credits:
    Brawl is definitely still on my to-buy list.
    I’m sure he’s gonna look better in hand than in this awful picture
    But no picture I have seen of him yet has wowed me the way figures like Blackout or Grimlock or Megatron or Stinger has.
    But I definitely still want him. And hope he’ll be more impressive when I can actually fiddle with him myself. Right now he just feels like one of the weaker figures of the bunch right now

• Like Like x 3
  6. Yaujta

Yaujta Split second of divinity... Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I think if the tank turret can turn, and the arms can be cleaned up, I still may consider Brawl. Always liked his design, so I'm hoping for the best once someone that knows how to transform it gets a shot.
    If it doesn't turn out that it can be helped much, I'll be happy with my old Leader and Deluxes. They may not be perfect, but they're still loads of fun.

• Like Like x 1
  7. tabtiurf

tabtiurf Chimeracon

The plastic's ugly, the head's too big, the face is dumb, the torso is hollow and sloppy, he desperately needs more paint, the altmode looks idiotic with all the probably-partsforming weapons piled on top, the legs look bad and have a big gap at the way-too-high knees, and those shambles on the sides of his torso... I don't want to call them arms... just... yikes.

There's nothing about him that looks even the tiniest bit good, but to be fair, I don't really remember his movie appearance very clearly. Maybe you're right and brawn did look like a dumpster fucked a scarecrow in the movie, but there's no reason I can see why I'd want to own a toy of that, especially if it shares any similarities with that rancid leader blackout I've already returned.

• Like Like x 1
  8. AndreyOfDoom

AndreyOfDoom maximize

News Credits:
    I hope the figure can actually stand on his own. Looks like they used the coins to give him a heel spur lol

9. AndreyOfDoom

AndreyOfDoom maximize

News Credits:
    They're going for scale in this series. If they were leaders they'd be too big next to grim lock. Voyager Megatron is almost leader height though he's much taller than Brawl.

10. Yaujta

Yaujta Split second of divinity... Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ten cents says it may not be able to.
    ;) 

• Like Like x 6
  11. JT-bob

JT-bob Autobum

Did Brawl look this much like a big-headed dork in the film? The original Leader Class was kind of a cool figure despite some awkwardness; this seems like, even mistransformed in mind, like someone's sickly grampa getting tangled up in the christmas ornaments (after tripping over a pair of nickels).

Nothing about this new Brawl seems remotely as balanced as the movie version: File:Brawl Mission City.JPG - Transformers Wiki

• Like Like x 2
  12. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Picking up Brawl and Megs so I can at least get all of the movie one Decepticons.

Yes, I know Megs is from ROTF, but he's still a movie one character, just in a different body.

13. Dconworshipper

Dconworshipper decepticon

why do you hate blackout so much? from what i have seen,people are in love with the figure.

14. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    His head isn’t too big, not by a long shot. I don’t see any gaps in the torso, the arms clearly aren’t transformed right (the right one seems to be stick out from the side of the waist going by the joints) the weapons can obviously be removed from the alt mode. Almost all the SS figures have removable weapons. I also don’t see what’s that wrong about the colours.

Also, you seem a bit pissy given your choice of words, perhaps because you resent the overall popularity of Studio Series when you don’t like it. It comes across very hyperbolic and insincere for the sake of a starker contrasting opinion.

• Like Like x 1
  15. buttmunch109

buttmunch109 Mediocre artist

The face honestly looks like he always has so that's an issue with the actual design itself from the films. The torso doesn't look hollow but he's horribly mistransformed, quite literally if you look at the reveal render image the tank treads seem to slide up and back to slim up the torso and give a more accurate collar design. The knees yes they're way too high. the tank mode is nice and tbch the only "partsforming" the weapons could do was move the hook and quad canon to the top which that's not really partsforming just weapon storage. The arms are definitely a mess but I feel if you use the elbow rotation it seems to have it'd look less ass, and yeah the head is a tad too big. The paint and plastic are appropriately drab and accurate enough.

Tbh what's wrong with leader Blackout? He looks stellar to me and tbh I'm sorry but most of your critiques on these just seem more like annoyed whining.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Matt-o-matic

Matt-o-matic TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I hope Brawl's eyes are still painted, maybe is just them being sunk in that makes them hard to see in the pics. I love the detail of the painted eyes in the figures so far, and it would be a shame for his to be missing.

• Like Like x 1
  17. tabtiurf

tabtiurf Chimeracon

He is, at best, a voyager, not a leader, he's got no pose-ability, he's a pain to transform, needs more paint, the plastic's super thin and feels like it's going to break, it partsforms, the back end of the coptor is just a hollow void and mine had one thigh swivel overly tight to the point of stress marks and one knee overly lose to the point of falling down.

He's the fastest I've ever gone from opening a figure to packing him back up to return him.

18. GoLion

GoLion Banned

News Credits:
    Studio series Brawl is closer to his on-screen counterpart - No one can deny that. All that out of the way, it doesn\'t look as good as the original leader toy. 
    Megatron, on the other hand, is damn sexy. I can\'t wait to get my hands on that fine figure. 

19. Aimless Misfire

Aimless Misfire IT'S A RIP-OFF!

News Credits:
    Megatron is a huge disappointment. The only figure I wanted & they fucked him up. And now I can't even look to Takara for a better version.:( 

20. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    What a shame, Megs turned out great and given the quality of the rest of the line I really really expected more from Brawl. I didn\'t exactly expect it to top the leader class, but I was hoping it would at least come close. The shoulders/treads are all wrong, the arms are a freaking mess, even the tank mode looks horribly cluttered.

• Like Like x 1