LOTS more Cyberverse (?) Amazon Listings

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by JomasterII, Jul 12, 2018.

1. VortexPrime

VortexPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I bet they are going to be Head/Prime masters but in their back there is a foldable vehicle instead of a face or a stupid symbol...

• Like Like x 3
  2. Sammael

Sammael MightyMegatron from ATT

News Credits:
    Look at the price point, people. These will be 3-packs of Micromasters, there is little chance of 4 robots for that price.

And no way they will be any bigger than minicons.

• Like Like x 2
  3. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke Flynn Lives

I thought Generations was on hold for the rest of the year when POTPs ended? At least until the toys for the movie and new cartoon went through their cycle of never getting to stores.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Sammael

News Credits:
    They are, these are 2019 releases. But USA traditionally releases 1st wave before xmas.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Spyne98

Spyne98 Host of the Rock Nerd Radio Show

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Medical issues at the time and I needed some money.

• Like Like x 3
  6. ZachimusPrime

ZachimusPrime toys.

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Not gonna lie, I’m only paying $15 if we get the whole team in one package. Still very excited though.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Starscream 91

Starscream 91 Mech With A Mouth

News Credits:
    This is an example of what I feared the next trilogy would do is keep me collecting CHUG as long as they kept making the post 86 (87 to 90) characters still missing (if the next line is Cybertronian alt mods I don't need anybody from 84 & 85). Can't wait to see how they handle the Micromasters, definitely did not see them coming.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Bob Schoonover

Bob Schoonover Poorly-Known Member

News Credits:
    Might be 4. If you figure they're more or less Titan/PrimeMaster sized, then $15 for 4 seems about right. SDCC exclusive Primal is 20 over retail for a leader and comes with 4 -master figures, a crown, a scepter, and a cardboard throne. You could absolutely convince me that's $15 for the Primes and $5 for the other 3 accessories

• Like Like x 2
  9. Rated X

Rated X Banned

When it comes to post Rebirth characters that had no American cartoon representation, there is less nostalgia value. I was 13 already, I had outgrown toys already. It was the cartoon that kept me going strong. I did have a few micromasters including these guys, but without a cartoon to sell me, I quickly lost interest in toys and discovered other more teenager oriented hobbies. Also, the "micro" gimmick was kind of stupid. By 1989, the budget was shrinking for a dying franchise, and the last thing I want to see is a fiction based upon corporate financial decision. Id be perfectly fine with them being upsized to homage the scale the characters could have been if the franchise hadnt been standing on its last leg at the time. Right before Action Masters became the final nail in the coffin.

10. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    I always thought Micromasters were a cool way for TFs to have compatibility with Micro Machines playsets and cars, which were a hot toyline at the time. Plus they were easy to bring to school or on the bus in your backpack or pocket. Compact alt models and no accessories to lose!

• Like Like x 5
  11. Rated X

Rated X Banned

Are Fircons really any less important than say, monstrobots?

Weve gotten 3 Cindasaurs all repaints (G2 botcon, TFPrime repaint, POTP) So obviously the firecons are tickling somebodys pickle at Hasbro. Lets get the team homaged already. Does anybody even remember the names of the micromasters? They were pumping them out in repaints quicker than Hot Wheels cars. By 1989, the franchise had gone to s**t. Also, 80s kids were turning into 80s teens by then.

• Like Like x 2
  12. AlienRadio

AlienRadio Avatar of Entropy

I was expecting these to come in two packs, but looking at those listings, Nope. full patrols, but they've got to be tiny, just hoping they've at least got separable legs, if not full minicon levels of articulation. The components of the ammonite/minicon combiner from thrilling 30 were slightly larger than AEC minicons and that was at the deluxe PP, shrinking the individual bots and not having to integrate a combined mode could bring the parts count down to make it viable for 4 micromasters per pack. so I'm hoping for a significant update on the original toys.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Sammael

News Credits:
    If they are that size, I dread how the alt modes will look like.

14. Ricky Spanish

Ricky Spanish Shingo No-Prize

There's some potential with returning to the Micromasters.
    For starters since they left the shelves three decades ago we've seen Mini-cons with various transformation gimmicks such as combining to form robots and weapons in both Armada and Generations, picture the Air Strike Patrol forming a robot or the Construction Patrol becoming weapons for bigger bots.
    In recent years we've seen demand for city bots for your warriors and voyagers so we get the wallet straining Titan class Metroplex, Fort Max and Trypticon, well with Micromasters they could come as shelf friendly leader class and serve as bases for the various patrols and be faithful to the recent IDW renditions of Fortress Maximus and Scorponok. Omega supreme could make an appearance and could come as either a rocket base and be modified as Countdown or he could transform into an Ark.
    I'd like to see the old bases rethought as new characters: triple changing voyagers where they come with both base/vehicle and weapon platform modes with a brand new robot mode.

• Like Like x 3
  15. denebian

denebian I've got better things to do tonight...

News Credits:
    I'm hoping for articulation at least on Minimus Ambus levels (though, with wheels, unlike Ambus). If they go as small as the Generations mini targetmaster-like figures (like Roller, the jets that came with Swerve and Gears, the mini Waspinator, etc) I will be very disappointed.

• Like Like x 3
  16. johnbonhamatron

johnbonhamatron RIP

News Credits:
    For you. In America. And I am not in America; I grew up with the comic, where micromasters were a proper thing, so my nostalgia is through the bleedin' roof right now.

So for people like me, does that mean our list of "important" characters is objectively less important than your list of "important" characters, since we grew up with the comic, and not so much the toon?

That's fair enough, but your opinion isn't fact.

If you'd stopped at "meh, not interested", then that's one thing (and a completely valid thing), but you said about "more important characters" needing to be done, implying these shouldn't exist.

Not everyone was the exact same age as you when micromasters first happened, and even those who were (I was 11-12-ish, so close enough) aren't, well, you. And thus they may think differently. :p 

The characters were never that scale though. They were specifically made to take on Micro Machines at retail, so the "micro" bit was kinda built into their DNA.

Put it this way: yes, Legends Blackjack was nice, but the prospect of a proper micromaster Blackjack, gang-moulded with Road Hugger? That's the one that's gon' make me soil myself with glee. ;) 

How many do you want? ;) 

Wanna see me squee like a tiny girl over the prospect of getting a new Flak and Sunrunner (two of my favourite G1 toys)? Tailspin and Freewheeler, maybe? Stakeout and Fixit? Ooh, no, I know, how about Stormcloud, Nightflight and Whisper? :p 

Will the 11 I named in this post do ya? :D 

I agree with you about wanting Firecons, though. Also Sparkabots, please. With the proper gimmick, so I can set the curtains on fire...

Again...

• Like Like x 2
  17. Blam320

Blam320 Assembly Inventor

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  18. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    If this toyline ends up being about scale and world building I’m totally in. My favorite stuff these days involves bases and cities and such.

• Like Like x 2
  19. allew

allew Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This is my current classics Autobot Micromasters shelf, will be interesting to see any new additions or replacements/updates from the upcoming series!

DSC_0006.JPG

• Like Like x 5
  20. AnnoyedRobot

AnnoyedRobot Hiatus from 3D print design. Need bigger monitor.

Can\'t wait to see whether or not people were just jumping to conclusions about WFC having Cybertronian alt-modes simply because of the name.

• Like Like x 3