Lost Light #25 Preview

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by SonicGX98, Oct 29, 2018.

1. simpatico

simpatico Intern for Straxus

I agree, it just felt like an unnecessary, kinda out-of-left-field pairing with not enough buildup to make it super believable. I can buy their mutual respect and friendship being built over time on the LL, but a couple? I don't see it. Maybe a victim of the truncation, who knows.

Also,
    MTMTE issue 1: Prowl's a prick.

LL issue 25: Prowl's a prick.

Glad to see you've grown so much Prowl. I'm glad we're getting Megatron's trial, though. And yeah, this should have come out after Unicron 6.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    I'm pretty sure we didn't need that story because it'd be a copy->find->replace of the "How Shockwave Joined the Decepticons" story.

3. justiceg

justiceg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I would certainly hope not given how drastically different the characters are. However given how other “character arcs” in the book had been handled, you are probably right.

4. Berser Car

Berser Car Cryptid member

Tumblr:
    Can we get a couple more months to this continuity? I want certain prick cop to receive a bigger punishment by karma than being kidnapped by an ex boyfriend.

5. Hadlen_Weltall

Hadlen_Weltall The original Mad Genius Gunpla and Cow Master

News Credits:
    I'm not crying.. I'm not crying.. I'm not crying.......... shut up, you're crying!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Mattymo

Mattymo Banned

News Credits:

This issue was already planned to be released before the others. Just wait and see how the rest the issue comes out. If it was meant to spoil unicron and OP it probably wouldn’t have been intended to come out before then but it always was

7. Stryyder

Stryyder Just another soldier

I think it's pretty obvious where this is going.
    "Prowl do you trust me?" - Prowl has no reason to trust Rodders, particularly given his past. As well, Rodimus has no reason to want to keep Prowl's trust because, well, Prowl's a prick.

Rodimus is conspicuously missing from Ratchet's funeral.

Whirl is incarcerated.

"Lap of Honor"

Rodimus and Megs are about to go on an extended joyride through the universe (possibly with Whirl causing a felonious distraction for them to do so). Likely they will drop by in the time skip toward the end of the issue. Really looking forward to reading this tomorrow.

• Like Like x 2
  8. ProtectronPrime

ProtectronPrime Subjectively Objective

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm waiting for this to get the St. Elswhere ending and this is all happening in a brain damaged Swerve's snow globe.

• Like Like x 3
  9. RNSrobot

RNSrobot Keeper of the Waspinator Swarm. Blam.

Ugh I hope not.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Hooper_X

Hooper_X hit dogs holler

I'm not ready.

MTMTE/LL, for good or for ill, is "my Transformers" now. I've been on board since Christmas 1984, but those versions of the characters are MY versions of the characters. Cyclonus is this gruff dude who loved his home planet and did terrible things to defend it, not Galvatron's abuse victim. Swerve is a goofy bartender with a love of Earth TV. Ultra Magnus is this tiny guy with a good heart and a stick up his butt inside a giant suit of armor. Megatron's motivations make sense and he realizes far too late that it all went so, so wrong somewhere in the past. Tailgate, Crankcase, Misfire, those are random toys off the shelf that have new and deep and profound characterizations that they never had before. Rung and Nautica and Tarn and yes, Anode are all new characters that I want to see again and again in the ways that Barricade or Bulkhead or Blackarachnia have become part of the line.

I'm gonna miss these dumbasses, and I hope to hell Roberts sticks the landing.

• Like Like x 8
  11. simpatico

From the preview alone, it already looks like things from Unicron are spoiled. Even if a safe reader could assume Unicron wouldn't eat Earth and Windblade was probably gonna be ok, Prowl's a character that could have easily died that we now know didn't. Just a minor annoyance because Roberts said on his Twitter you could read them in the publication order and be fine. Oh well, doesn't matter that much.

Unrelated, but I'd like to imagine Rodimus told Prowl they literally FOUND GOD, but Prowl still cares more about just getting Megs executed.

12. Coffee

Coffee (╭☞ꗞᨓꗞ)╭☞

News Credits:
    While I am absolutely ecstatic to see where these characters all end up,
    The one incredibly minor nitpick I have about this scene is that pose Lawrence gave Ratchet. It's a thing he introduced to Ratchet on his run, and it's something Ratchet never did before Lawrence picked up art duties on the book. It feels weird to have his hologram depicted like this. But again, it's a major nitpick.
    Love that Prowl is being depicted at his best here and isn't as flanderized as his last appearance depicted him as. He's blunt and cold, but nothing he says it unreasonable, and it's impossible to disagree with anything he says here, even if Rodimus is visibly upset by some of it.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Mattymo

Mattymo Banned

News Credits:
    Depends on the rest of the issue. Who’s to say what we’re seeing is real? Still 24 pages left so I’m not drawing to conclusions yet but let’s be honest: if this is legit and this is taking plays post Unicron, are we really surprised? Was anyone really thinking unicron was gonna win? Especially with OP 25 being an epilogue to the IDW-verse.

Honestly I don’t care if this ruins Unicron #6 because I never believed they wouldn’t defeat him. It’s about the journey for me not the end of the destination. What happens to Optimus, Arcee, Starscream. That’s what matters. For me at least

14. RNSrobot

RNSrobot Keeper of the Waspinator Swarm. Blam.

With you on almost all of that. It is absolutely the preeminent way I see 98% of these characters, now.

15. justiceg

News Credits:
    You went from "this wouldn't have spoiled anything anyway because it's all meant to be released this way" to "who cares if it spoils anything" in just under 2 hours. That's impressive. =) I guess we'll see when the book hits later!

16. justiceg

News Credits:
    I'm also - again, waiting to see the book - wondering why

Windblade et al wouldn't be all "Cybertron got destroyed but there's a new one!!! We'll be right there!!" vs. "Hey, let's hang out on Earth, seems like a cool place where we're totally wanted...let's send Prowl to handle this, he seems like the best person for it".

17. Mattymo

Mattymo Banned

News Credits:
    I’m seeing it both sides. If it doesn’t, great. If it does okay but I’m not expecting it to due to it being the first finale intended to come out

18. Sockie

Sockie Veteran

News Credits:
    Going by what Prowl's saying, if there already isn't enough resources to support all of the Luna-1 sparks, then there probably isn't going to be enough resources to support everyone from Earth too. But yeah, I hope this and the ending of Barber's run don't disrupt each other too badly, as that'd be a real shame to get right at the end of this continuity.

19. simpatico

Just to clarify, I agree that it's a safe assumption that they manage to destroy Unicron. I was just disappointed that I found out Prowl survived Unicron #6 before actually reading Unicron #6. I get this is a totally subjective thing for me that doesn't necessarily apply to anyone else though.

• Like Like x 1
  20. DrTraveler

DrTraveler Wheeljack, Wheeljack, Wheeljack

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Are we sure that this is after Unicron? Lost Light has had a lot of time shenanigans via the Warren. Couldn’t this be set between the Till All Are One Annual and Unicron 1? There’s a decent time slot in there where Prowl could be in play and able to visit.