Lost Light 24 - spoiler: it's OUT NOW!

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by rikkomba, Sep 25, 2018.

1. Sagitta

Sagitta Nuetral

Shouldn't it be -.00592/5 for lack of imagination & lack of mention of a smelting pool?

• Like Like x 2
  2. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

Uh, so it took me 3 issues to notice that those ships weren´t with Megatron, but were instead a Functionist fleet.

3. levyshahar

levyshahar Nemesis Wheelie

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Technically yes but he was quick enough to write it in the first page so I gave him some points for that

• Like Like x 1
  4. Agamus

Agamus Not an Iguana

Oh damn I didn't think being sort-of right about Rung would hurt so much. You won't be forgotten you beautiful old bot, you won't.
    (Edtit: Just realized this issue retroactively makes the Shadowplay arc so much more feelsy too. Feckin' continuity.)

Last edited: Sep 26, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  5. battlefudge

battlefudge Still in the biz...

I don't know if I liked it or not. I am glad things are wrapping up and we have conclusions. Actual conclusions. I give a lot of points to this.
    For the record I think Robo-romance is dumb, so all the hand holding and kisses and admissions of love were silly to me. I get why they were there, but alas, I did not care for it. It was a good story telling device when it was just Chrome dome and rewind, but now it is practically everyone. Anyway, whatever.
    Bomping Primus in the back of the head was silly.
    Question 1: If Vector Sigma is dead, does that not mean that this "new" cybertron will be dead as well?
    Question 2: from the functionalist universe, are we dealing with a phantom menace situation with their army and fleet? Now that the council is dead, the fleet is dead too?
    Question 3: If Luna 2 was traveling at warp speed and smacked into Primus, wouldn't they collide? Like smash together in a terrible crash?

Ok, despite what seems like me whining, I think I liked it...

• Like Like x 2
  6. C16

C16 Space Nomad

News Credits:
    He wasn't being a prick at all, he was stating simple fasts and explaining them.

You don't have to be a baby about it.

(Yes, that's being a prick about it. Learn the difference.)

Why do you need a source for the obvious? We've known for what, a year that the comic was ending? And anyone following this series online knows Roberts has had plans for this book to continue on for several more years, with a back door emergency ending story to wrap it up in case his time on the book were to be cut short. It's obvious that with IDW publicly announcing the this universe was ended that Roberts' number of issues was going to be much more limited than what he originally planned for.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Agamus

Agamus Not an Iguana

No, being a prick has to be pointed. You're just being childish. Not being a prick would be levying valid criticisms instead of casually tossing barbs.
    Is actually kind of a prickish statement truth be told. Not that your opinion is invalid.

• Like Like x 3
  8. GoLion

GoLion Banned

News Credits:
    I still don't think Rung is gone. He heals himself. We don't know to what extent either.

• Like Like x 5
  9. BATTLEMASTER

BATTLEMASTER Thunderlips Overlord fan and 3D designer/printer

I would think Vector Sigma is still functional. I thought the matrices were just to purge the computer.

10. Sagitta

Sagitta Nuetral

Cheers! Loved this explanation! And makes quite a bit of sense considering poor Rung's usual "space in the room" syndrome.

Still sad tho. *sigh* With the Reader's Digest version of the events that happened it's understandable the characters don't have much time to react to Rung's sacrifice. Sure hope they do in Oct. :( 

11. C16

C16 Space Nomad

News Credits:
    There is not a single barb, jab, or anything of the sort in the guy's message. It's not even a criticism, he's simply stating the facts of the book's cancellation vs how it would have been considered a conclusion if the series was allowed to continue with all the other stores he had planned. RNSrobot clearly just didn't like to be told he was wrong. A cancellation is different from a conclusion.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Sagitta

Sagitta Nuetral

Cybertronian version of PCmatic?

• Like Like x 1
  13. hardlurk

hardlurk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't think "concluding" and "cancelled" are contradictory descriptions. The story is concluding... because it was cancelled.

Like, it's no different than if a studio told a TV writer that there weren't going to be any more seasons of a show and that they needed to write their finale in whatever episodes remained of the current one. Having a conclusion doesn't change the fact that the show was cancelled.

• Like Like x 5
  14. Agamus

Agamus Not an Iguana

Yeah now this is just being semantic. Whole different thing.

• Like Like x 2
  15. GoLion

GoLion Banned

News Credits:
    I'm not sure Hardlurk is being a troll here. He's not saying the book out and out sucks. He's giving his reasons why he disliked this latest issue. He's allowed his opinion.

There have been issues that I've not liked either. I was fairly middle of the road with this issue, but I can see how people might've not liked it.

• Like Like x 5
  16. Coffee

Coffee (╭☞ꗞᨓꗞ)╭☞

News Credits:
    Kind of the same feeling with this one I had with the other issues. Not bad, in fact there's a lot of good here, but the pacing is really off, and you can tell there's just chunks of story missing from this conclusion. Part of me can't blame the writing for this, but it doesn't make it THAT much better? I don't know. I do look forward to seeing the conclusion.

• Like Like x 2
  17. levyshahar

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This was not a good comment and I’d be happy if they ban you from this forum.

18. GoLion

GoLion Banned

News Credits:
    :rolleyes: 

Hot take.

You're also entitled your opinion if it makes any difference.

• Like Like x 2
  19. levyshahar

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ;) 

20. justiceg

justiceg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    LOL, I think @levyshahar was making a joke based on hardlurks original statement of "this is not a good comic and I'm glad it was cancelled.". =)

• Like Like x 3