Lost Light #2 iTunes Preview

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by General Tekno, Jan 14, 2017.

1. GoLion

GoLion 誰がおならをした

News Credits:
    You're giving Livio WAY too much credit. The art in those old comics makes sense and feels right for Daredevil.

He's a poor panel artist. I can forgive stylized art if the pages make sense, and have a cogent flow. Livio just doesn't have the skills necessary to be a "stylized" artist. It's just bad.

• Like Like x 1
  2. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    I think Livio's art feels right for Transformers. The characters look like they're made out of metal, and they look like giant aliens living on an alien world, not like people in robot costumes living a normal human life. I remember first reading Chaos and thinking, "FINALLY."

And anyway, I'm talking about what reaction to Sienkiewicz's (man, I hate typing that name) art was at the time. At the time, I would say the majority of the fans did not get what he was doing and were actually angered by it. Especially on the heels of the very VERY traditional style comic art he was producing before that on books like Moon Knight. The reaction at that time is almost a perfect mirror of what I see here in what people say about Livio.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2017
  3. Jalaguy

Jalaguy has no known physical weaknesses

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    I have no issue with Livio's grungy colouring, but his lines can often leave a lot to be desired - dodgy perspective, weak facial impressions, etc.

Happily, he does seem to be improving in that regard - each new Livio issue that comes out tends to be his best interiors work to date.

As much as anything I think it's a time thing - his covers, commissions, etc. have always tended to have better line-work, when he can devote more time to a single piece of art.

4. SG Roadbuster

SG Roadbuster SG Wrecker

News Credits:
    Sooo when are we actually getting the book? OP 3 comes out this week and I've yet to hear a peep from LL#2. Is idw holding the good books hostage until we buy enough copies of the shitty mask and micronauts books?

5. Murasame

Murasame

News Credits:
    Yeah, it's been a long time I read a Transformers book. It's about damn time.

6. Murasame

Murasame

News Credits:
    Funny, how the preview thread already has more posts than the review post about Optimus Prime #2 and the Lost Light #1 thread has more pages than both combined.

7. Javelin

Javelin Well-Known Member

I know LL2 isn't coming out until Feb 1. I THOUGHT it was coming out Jan 24 but nope. I am a sad reader.

8. Murasame

Murasame

News Credits:
    Today is tuesday. Maybe it comes out tomorrow.

edit:
    Eh, you're right. It was not announced by Comixology. Soooo... who's holding up the issues? I thought it might have been Milne, but now we have a different artist. So it must be Roberts?

9. Sockie

Sockie Veteran

News Credits:
    It's neither. A bunch of IDW's January comics were pushed into either the very last week of the month, or February. From previous cases, it's likely their printers being crappy. It's not the fault of any creative.

10. Murasame

Murasame

News Credits:
    Good to hear. Well, it doesn't help us in any way, but faulty tech is definitely to prefer, as it can be helped if they are willing to.

11. Javelin

Javelin Well-Known Member

But I'm having withdrawal!

12. Murasame

Murasame

News Credits:
    Me too

13. markerguru

markerguru tech master TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:

Thanks :\ Also why did you think it was me when I'm not even of this book besides covers?

• Like Like x 1
  14. Murasame

Murasame

News Credits:
    I meant Lost Light. Maybe I'm also mixing you up with some other artist I have categorized in my mind as "awesome artist". Ah, it dawns on me... was that Roche who made delays because he wasn't finished yet? Sorry if there was a mix up.

And I wasn't talking about LL but MTMTE in retrospect and this was evidence that it can't be you. Either way, if I mixed you up with Roche it wasn't you anyway. It's not like I'm having a grudge against you, I'm just spending a lot of time with thinking "Why is my favorite book delayed once again" and I'm thinking about all the possibilities that might delay the book once again. That was just one possibility I cooked up.