Lost Light #18 - Massive, *MASSIVE* spoilers. Be warned.

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by justiceg, Jun 13, 2018.

1. Treadshot 2.0

Treadshot 2.0 Action Master

News Credits:
    Anyone who read Eugenesis shouldnt be surprised. that whole story was all about the seemingly mystical ending up being mundane, and all the characters were put through the torture chamber basically.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Some other time..

News Credits:
    You know, part of me has to wonder if Unicron is some sort of continegency protocal put in place by the Grand Architect, as he is purposely going after all the worlds Cybertronians have ever made any sort of impact on, erasing all evidence that they ever existed.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Napalm

Napalm Drinking About Robots TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Hmm. Musing. I don't know. I just don't know.

The more I think about the character beats, the more I am a fan of Lost Light as a whole, particularly from Mutineers onwards. This was no exception and I thoroughly enjoyed the dialogue and character interactions. Amusing, moving and frustrating.

But the more I try and reconcile this issues central revelation with the bigger mysteries of LL and MTMTE - the Knights, the portal to 'Cyberutopia' (that now clearly went somewhere else) and the truth about Necroworld being a planet mold - the more my head hurts.

I think it's supposed to, like. It's not exactly a criticism yet. We don't have all the dots to join up here, just a powerful shock to the system and a slew of plots about to crash together. Painfully too, going off that last page.

I hope as the pieces fall into place this becomes less of the 'mess' that people are seeing and the more things start making sense. In terms of bridging, the Quints (they took Pharma, right? C'mon) and Tyrest were foreshadowed in throwaway dialogue here (almost as a reminder to the reader) and we knew Pharma was on his way back from the vision in LL#1. That actually simplifies things plenty getting those 3 on the same page.

Very interested to see where this goes (I think The Grand Architect is a Quintesson, by the way).

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
    • Like Like x 7
  4. GWolfv2

GWolfv2 Deathsaurus - A name you can trust for peace

News Credits:
    Someone took Tailgate and brought him there. Same person who has been beaming a map to this place into both Rodimus and Thunderclash. And I’ll bet that person is not the super spark Skids saw through the portal.

If there’s not a lot more going on than this I’ll be very surprised

• Like Like x 3
  5. Inanimate Carbon Rodimus

Inanimate Carbon Rodimus In Rod We Trust

Given how poorly this has turned out, I’m really glad I never bothered to read Eugenesis.

• Like Like x 2
  6. WilyMech

WilyMech Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    We know of four confirm as spark eaters but the panel had six bots. From the looks of it the leader is well Perceptor by his placement in the panel. I don't think the rest of crew are Spark eaters as well. It does make sense the planet is design for death to have Spark Eaters, however, I suspect Nightbeat's spark was consumed. I think the reason this group of mechs are Spark eaters they rebelled against Getaway and as punishment they were made into a nightmare. I suspect the mechs who tried to escape became food for the Spark Eaters. The Protectobots with exception of First Aid, Thunderclash, and Riptide.

For Rodimus he is going have to destroy the spark eaters. If by some small chance the crew are still alive. Where are they? Even Rodimus gets out alive is still a grievous wound.

7. Nocturne

Nocturne Professional Ginger

News Credits:
    Can... Can Roberts please stop killing Rung's friends?! The poor guy needs a break.

Also, who thinks Rung is a Matrix like device?

8. Nocturne

Nocturne Professional Ginger

News Credits:
    I think Brainstorm might be able to help the Sparkeater turned bots, he is the guy who invented the sparkeater technology to begin with.

9. rlmiddleton

rlmiddleton Don’t call me a member thank you very much.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    I think to be fair the thing is that it hasn’t “turned out” yet. Still lots of reveal to go.

• Like Like x 3
  10. rlmiddleton

rlmiddleton Don’t call me a member thank you very much.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    I hope you’re right and I admire the optimism but...I fear the worst.

11. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

I though that a sparkeater just ate your spark and left the corpse alone. I don´t remember them "zombifying" their victims.

12. Mattymo

Mattymo Banned

News Credits:
    Why not? They’ve all been background characters for 6 years.

Roberts wanted 200 autobots on that ship and said the cast would rotate and it never did. All those characters that couldn’t be used in other books only to end up getting a panel here and there. What’s it matter if they all spark eaters.

• Like Like x 1
  13. sharkrainbow

sharkrainbow whirl is a trans girl

i don't disagree by any means. i do, however, expect from our experience of his writing for JRo to not put all his horrific deathy eggs in a single sparkeatery basket.

• Like Like x 3
  14. WilyMech

WilyMech Well-Known Member

News Credits:

It puts Rodimus in tough spot still even if there is a cure. Brainstorm, well I guess he has some ideas to help his rival.

15. Thumbaticon

Thumbaticon "It's all right, I'm an emergency vehicle!"

The character interactions were great, while I liked the idea of Mederi, it could have been executed better. Hopefully Lawrence is drawing more action scenes in the future, that's when his art shines. When Rodimus' crew was fighting the Omega Guardians it felt like watching a fun action cartoon.

I might be overthinking this, but does Chromdome consider the Rewinds different individuals? I remember a while back in MTMTE current Rewind got mad at Chromedome for giving him the previous Rewind's stuff. But Rewind didn't imagine his Chromedome, so does that mean he considers them both... his Chromedome? What i'm trying to say is that poly-conjunx endura should have been bigger.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Danforth

Danforth Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    "Simpatico" is the one-word hint for next issue. I guess that means some Brainstorm / sparkeater Perceptor interaction.

Now: is Brainstorm still undead? With no spark for a sparkeater to eat?

• Like Like x 2
  17. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm Wreck n’ rule

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm sure Skorpnok is involved somehow, yes, we have spark eaters, but there's no Grimlock yet

18. Jalaguy

Jalaguy has no known physical weaknesses

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    It's unclear. He did successfully develop a cure for Dead-Universe-ism at the end of Dark Cybertron, but we don't know if he ever used it on himself. Since - unlike people who got fully exposed to the Dead Universe - he could survive okay in the normal universe, it's possible that he may have never bothered.

• Like Like x 3
  19. JudgeDeliberata

JudgeDeliberata Majestrix

News Credits:
    Man.

I've been a proponent way back since Pharma's body disappeared of
    Quintessons being masterminds and potential threats of a sort, but I'm not sure anymore. This talk of a 'Grand Architect' doesn't really jibe with the traditional notion of Quints working as a group. I mean, maybe there's an Alpha Quintesson, but I'm starting to think the tentacle that grabbed Pharma's body way back just belonged to a sparkeater.

Though with seven issues left, I'm wondering...If there was ever a time where we were going to go into the IDW TFs' earliest origins, this is it...

• Like Like x 1
  20. General Tekno

General Tekno Lugnut Supremor & Arkivist

News Credits:
    So reading people remarking on visions and such, I just had an "oh MAN" forehead slap moment.

Thunderclash AND Tyrest were getting visions. And so was Rodimus... although interestingly, his map only got noticed AFTER they lost the Matrix map, and they've already established the Matrix map can't be copied.

Who's to say they were the SAME map?

...Also, another random musing re: Quintessons - they're kinda known in continuities for executing people. I could see them as being the elder race behind Mederi.

• Like Like x 4