Lost Light #18 - Massive, *MASSIVE* spoilers. Be warned.

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by justiceg, Jun 13, 2018.

1. Wrongimus Prime

Wrongimus Prime New Member

Oh, I totally get that Cyclonus' will set up the Afterspark scenario for the current story arc. Just wondering, with all the hinkiness of teleportation lately, if LL 1-6 didn't actually occur in the Functionist Universe, but where Megatron's will wanted to go. And now wondering if he and Terminus are standing around on the far side of the moon wondering what just happened.

• Like Like x 8
  2. Hound89

Hound89 Well-Known Member

Unicron wiping out the universe is a mercy at this point.....

• Like Like x 8
  3. raindance773

raindance773 Well-Known Member

Yes. This felt like a total mess.

• Like Like x 2
  4. NanakoPreame

NanakoPreame Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    To Quote Monkey Dee Luffy; "That was a total waste of time!".

• Like Like x 2
  5. Inanimate Carbon Rodimus

Inanimate Carbon Rodimus In Rod We Trust

So the big payoff to the quest is that the Knights of Cybertron got space AIDS, ended up on suicide planet and hallucinated themselves to death. Unless the coming issues reveal that Rodimus is wrong and there’s a LOT more to it, this is one of the dumbest revelations in TF media.

• Like Like x 6
  6. RazorclawX

RazorclawX Campaign Oracle

I'm not terribly surprised that finding Cyberutopia wasn't the end and that doing so would end up making things worse. It's just that it felt just as anticlimactic as it sounds.

So now the question is what happened to the Lost Light.

• Like Like x 2
  7. TargetmasterJoe

TargetmasterJoe Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Well, the new planet turned out not only to be a place where people go to die, but also motherfracking Cyberutopia! What a twist!

And holy frack, the Mutineers are all sparkeaters (or at least some of them are). I don't know about you guys, but I suspect this sparkeaters problem is somehow Getaway's fault.

The "it's all Getaway's fault" scenario can go 2 ways:
    • Getaway got the worst case of SPACE MADNESS ever and thought the whole crew was plotting to mutiny against him, ergo turning them into sparkeaters in a fit of rage and madness.
    • Or Getaway and the mutineers got ambushed by something or someone (Pharma? Grand Architect?) and turned the mutineers into sparkeaters and Getaway was forced to watch, thus when Rodimus and Co. find him, Getaway is basically like Sgt. Hatred in this clip of The Venture Bros.

Either way, Rodimus won't have any of it, and he's going to wipe the floor with Getaway.

And before I forget, I wonder how Grimlock, First Aid, Riptide, and Thunderclash will factor into this...

8. Mattymo

Mattymo Banned

News Credits:
    Who says it not? They’re there, now it’s time to enter the final arc at cyberutopia and answer the remaining threads which are attached to Cyberutopia.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Quirinus

Quirinus Member

The last page was foreshadowed in LL number 1. Suffice to say, Pharma most likely had his one remaining hand in it what happened to the crew.

• Like Like x 1
  10. The Mad Demobot

The Mad Demobot Well-Known Member

I was re-reading the part with the Scavengers and I thought 'Wait a minute! This could be a computer like Aequitas the guilt machine used during Cybertron's days where they had courts!' It'd make a bit of sense with the whole 'see your dead loved ones and come to terms with your past mistakes' angle it was going for. The idea that it was actually a planet run by telepaths(which we never quite see unless #19 will reveal them) is good, but I think we need one more issue to wrap it up. The synopsis kind of lied about the conclusion as the results raises a bit more questions. Also,
    Tailgate is back?! HOW?! How did they get him?!
    For a medical planet they sure do pull a lot of miracles.

Also anyone getting VelocityXSwerve vibes here? I'm not a shipping man but those two look like they have at least a semblance of chemistry.

Well I do believe Pharma has expertise in the medical field judging from More Than Meets the Eye so suffice to say he may be the one keeping the place afloat and/or responsible for luring more people to the planet.

11. Tahtorak

Tahtorak Active Member

YouTube:
    Here's hoping this is another one of those "You are being deceived" moments, like with Tarn's identity...

Anyone expecting bad blood/energon between Whirl and Krok?

12. Lucas35

Lucas35 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    People need to remember that there are still several mysteries in the series:

- Who are the Omega Guardians, for they who built Mederi and the Magnificence (that the Senator Shockwave thought was one of the Knights of Cybertron), I think they are the Quintessons (remember the tentacles that pulled Pharma on the portal to Cyberutopia ).

- And about how Tailgate appeared on the same planet as them, I think that will have some connection with the Necroworld, who had a Cybertron mold inside it and probably has some connection with the Omega Guardians.

• Like Like x 4
  13. justiceg

justiceg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hhmmmm...Necroworld is an artificial planet...Mederi is an artificial planet...

14. WilyMech

WilyMech Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It kind of make Mirage's fate kinder than being a Spark Eater

• Like Like x 6
  15. The Mad Demobot

I may be going insane but I think the Sparkeater business is a last moment of the former Lost Light's hallucinations from the planet. Either Getaway became a Sparkeater or the guy who did it, Rodimus is having none of it and is gonna tear that smug faceplate off his face personally. That or straight up murder him like Doubledealer.

16. Mattymo

Mattymo Banned

News Credits:
    That’s what I’ve been saying. My assumption is the lost light made it to cyberutopia, they were captured by the grand architect who’s right hand men are pharma and Tyrest. Getaway still knows things that the cog faction needs so he and Star Saber broker a deal with them and hand over the crew so Star Saber can I don’t know, meet God and Getaway becomes a Prime. Pharma finds the Sparkeater gun(The only thing that creates sparkeaters) on the ship and uses it on the crew as an act of revenge for ruining his and Tyest’s plans for Remain in Light and they’re using them as an army to harvest sparks.

Remember in issue 16 and 17 with ten and nightbeat having their sparks ripped out and floating to the sky? That was the crew floating in the air behind the fake giant matrix.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Mattymo

Mattymo Banned

News Credits:

It’s not a hallucination. Ratchet destroyed the power supply that was powering it all. That’s the crew. They are sparkeaters.

18. The Mad Demobot

I figured that. I was just wondering if the rest of the planet outside was part of the hallucination and that it's morning or something with the hallucination just slowing fading away.

19. Mattymo

Mattymo Banned

News Credits:
    Its already faded away. The dead crew were the last of it, hence the reveal of tailgate being real.

20. sharkrainbow

sharkrainbow whirl is a trans girl

i doubt the entire crew are sparkeaters, just because i can't see JRo missing the opportunity to spread the death and gore of our beloved childhood bots as thickly as possible over his last remaining issues. Seriously though, what a monstrous reveal! i still feel vaguely nauseous when i think about Percy as a zombie. Definitely made up for the kind of handwavey explanation of Cyberutopia to my mind. Cus as always with this book, the quest is just background stuff. It's the characters and what's driving them that matter.

And speaking of which, that Cyclonus/Whirl stuff was absolutely beautiful and when i got to the "up you get" panel i had to take a fifteen minute break because i was crying too hard to read the screen. I don't even mind that Tailgate is alive, though i do hope we get an explanation for how he got to the planet.

one thing i don't think anyone else has mentioned; the impression i got strongest around the Cyberutopia reveal was weariness, especially from Ratchet. Rodimus is excited to solve the mystery but everyone else is just like "oh great more proof the universe is just fukt great let's go home" and that speaks to something really deep inside me.
    God damn i love you JRo.

• Like Like x 11