Lost Light #15 - SPOILERS ASSURED FROM THE GET GO.

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Napalm, Feb 28, 2018.

1. hardlurk

hardlurk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    She's beautiful. I'm going to call her Tarn Jr.

• Like Like x 9
  2. Dramatic Spoon

Dramatic Spoon Well-Known Member

What the fuck, Scorponok?

What kind of master plan is that?

• Like Like x 1
  3. sharkrainbow

sharkrainbow whirl is a trans girl

my only problem with the issue is that we were promised an ignoble end to their final adventure...
    i was all geared up for the brutal deaths of all my favourite losers, i had a box of tissues next to me as i read ready to have my heart torn from my chest and stomped on til it popped

on the positive side, i suppose this means if there is a season 4 we might get to see them escape garrus 9 [or die trying :D ]

• Like Like x 1
  4. rlmiddleton

rlmiddleton Don’t call me a member thank you very much.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Seemed like an odd last Scavengers story. I think it’s the last we’ve seen of them in the same way The Death Of Optimus Prime was the last we saw of Optimus Prime. Semantics. I mean they’re going to escape of course. They might not ‘scavenge’ anymore. But they’ll still be out there.

Anyhoo...the baby thing. It felt a little...silly. I dunno. I kind of inwardly sniggered at the goofiness of it.

Re: the jump to Garrus 9...the “someone has to stay behind” thing is a little stale. I did think “why don’t they all go through it then destroy the portal at the other side” but rather conveniently there is no portal at the other side. Hmm.

Also- Grimlock figures the baby has better odds with him against a horde of Cons than the *possibility* the teleport might do something to her? Not totally convinced by the plotting there. Although I wouldn’t want to be a Con up against Grimmy even in those numbers, lol.

It was a good enough issue. It *did* feel a little rushed. Rushed in much the same way as three issues have suddenly appeared within a month and a half whereas before IDW couldn’t bring out LL on time to save their lives (OP was a *lot* of issues ‘ahead’). It’s almost as if they’re trying to meet some kind of final deadline.

• Like Like x 2
  5. RNSrobot

RNSrobot Keeper of the Waspinator Swarm. Blam.

Actually, the book is on time for once.

6. rlmiddleton

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Yeah, that’s what I mean. It’s suddenly on time, even more frequent now, when they couldn’t get it out on time before. Feels like this is an attempt to get it aligned with OP, presumably so they can both end at the same time.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Coffee

Coffee (╭☞ꗞᨓꗞ)╭☞

News Credits:
    Dammmn. I'm all about this firstborn, honestly. Reminds me of the Star Child in 2001: A Space Odyssey. I dig Scorponok's plan, it makes perfect sense given everything we've known about him up to this point. It's fucked up, and something we haven't seen before, and that's why I like it.

Was it explained how Scorponok can shut off any Decepticon again? Just because part of a spark was cut off and shaped a certain way he can do what to what?

Anyway we got some good development for the Scavengers here, especially Misfire, and things were moved forward. Aside from the fake-out (which, I'll give it to Roberts, makes sense both for the situation and in utilizing the established skills of two of the characters), and Scorponok's ability to just turn people off and on for being a Decepticon, the issue felt pretty dece to me.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Molini

Molini spawn of a glitch

Glad you both bring this up.

Soooo...last issue we were given this little gem of an explanation concerning Grimsy's extraction from his cell:

Screenshot_20180228-101200.jpg

So they basically used this same device to escape Skorponok's ship it seems.

The reason they ended up back in Grimsy's (I can't stop calling him this) old cell is due to this sequence:

20180228_102930.png

Which immediately resulted in Krok inadvertently asking a question in front of the Magnificence, that carried the contents of Misfire's "bad joke" since it cut off Krok and gave the coordinates to Grimsy's cell.

Screenshot_20180228-101536.png

I feel like the only way they get rescued now, is by Grimsy personally going to Garrus-9 and opening the cell himself, unless he can access another transmat portal.

• Like Like x 9
  9. Chantinelle

Chantinelle Well-Known Member

Relax, it’s actually much worse than you think...

..Scorps wants to create GOBOTS.

• Like Like x 12
  10. Molini

Molini spawn of a glitch

In the context of which this responded to Heliblade's post...am I the only one who read this as "Goobots"?

:oops: 

• Like Like x 2
  11. battlefudge

battlefudge Still in the biz...

I want to start with the good. As per usual.
    This felt like a cartoon. I mean that in a good way. The bad guy had a plan worthy of G1 Megatron, or Shredder. The good guys told the story of how they got out of the cell and boom, we had a good resolution (albeit simple). I felt a little nostalgic somehow as I read it. The hero's were heroic. The bad guys were bad. Generic footsoldiers were killed as the turtles escaped the tecnodrome. The interdimensional portal was used to escape. You could practically hear "I'll get you next time Gadget... NEXT TIME!" as Doctor Claw flies away.
    I mean all of that as an actual good thing. I liked it.
    I like we have a functional Grimlock.
    I like we dispensed with the silly magnificence.
    I like that a few weird plot threads got tied up.

THE BAD.
    This felt like a cartoon. Honestly (and we need to wait to see how it all ties together) I think that if you deleted the Scavengers in their entirety, you would have no appreciable loss on the Lost Light. They are a distraction and side adventure, and I am not sure I want the side adventure to be the whole reason for the main adventure as seems to be hinted here.

The magnificence should have been forgotten and never brought up again. Really, as a plot device if you removed it and just made Scorponok figure that stuff out on his own, wouldn't that make him a better villain? Then have the heros struggle to escape, and really they could have easily figured all the escape out on their own too.

Deceptibaby... weird. But I will give it a pass because hey, why not.

ROBERT'S NEEDS A NEW PLAYBOOK. Within the LL story from the beginning how many times have our hero's narrowly escaped only to be trapped in a thing? Eject did it. Tailgate. Trailbreaker. Rung (ok he was trapped in his own head, but it counts). The scavengers ended last issue trapped in a cell. Then they ended this issue trapped in a cell. Surely we can come up with a different situation. Especially when you consider the track record of easy escapes.

Why didn't Grimlock kill Scorponok after removing the baby?
    Also was anyone actually interested in how Flywheels became a scavenger? I certainly was not.
    So is The Grand Architect Primus? I would suspect so.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Blue18

Blue18 Well-Known Member

First the baby wtf? I feel it .... after Unicron. 18 years later. The adventures of the organic Decepticon. Which is not contradictory .... Decepticon hate organics.

Secondly. The scavengers are not dead. (Hopefully) They're just stuck. Someone will come by accident. It's always like that. The question is how long does it take for mechs to rust. So completely without Energon.

Third. I love Crankcase Sarcasm.

• Like Like x 1
  13. rlmiddleton

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    It’s nicely set up across these panels for sure, but “someone has to stay behind and face certain death” is a little hackneyed as a plot device, that’s all. It won’t be certain death of course as Grimlock will escape/slaughter all the Cons.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    So, wait...

They decide to go to Garrus 9 for the sole reason of using the spark extractor on The Firstborn...and then not even take her?

Wut?

15. That Guy

That Guy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well they were trying to come up with another plan when Grimlock sent them to Garrus-9 to protect them from the other 'cons. The baby can't go through the portal, so Grimlock took it to protect it, and he'll be fine against the army, just wanted to make sure the Scavengers don't get hurt/fuck things up because well, they are the Scavengers after all.

I really liked this issue, exactly what I was hoping from a Scavengers arc, a look into other bits of lore in the universe, a clever Scavenger scheme, something fucking up and them being stuk between a rock and a hard place.

• Like Like x 5
  16. Molini

Molini spawn of a glitch

Lol, yeah I actually find it entertaining that he's basically gonna go mother grizzly bear protecting her cub, but in robot T-Rex form pretty soon.

That imagery amuses me.

• Like Like x 2
  17. SteelWheels

SteelWheels Well-Known Member

I just realized that since the baby was large enough to occupy a significant space within Grimlock and Scorponok's chest, then that must be a huge ass baby. Like a 5 foot tall baby.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Hadlen_Weltall

Hadlen_Weltall Whiskey Powered Mad Genius Gunpla and Cow Master

Just another one of his crazy Machinations... like Headmasters or the Gene Key.

19. justiceg

justiceg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    A) maybe the Grand Architect is Dr Manhattan or whoever is screwing with the DC universe. Sure looked like it. :) 

B) this issue kind of feels like there was going to be a bit more to it, but as was pointed out above - after a bunch of late issues previously and suddenly all of these hitting on time two weeks apart, Roberts is probably trying to get to the finish as quickly as he can while tying up all of the loose ends.

20. Negativedark

Negativedark Stealth Gesalt

Yeah comics Scorpy is all mad scientist. He needs to be more like his cartoon self, and keep it simple. Just build a titan sized body and maybe blow up Cybertron.