Lost Light #14 (spoilers likely)

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by The Madness, Feb 6, 2018.

1. Coffee

Coffee (╭☞ꗞᨓꗞ)╭☞

News Credits:
    I know exactly what you mean. And honestly, yeah. I'm thinking this is a fake-out through and through. You've got two medical professionals in a cell where each bot is somewhat cleanly disassembled. Everyone's head is intact, and so are their chests. Also look, no bodily discoloration, and the page we see the carnage it says it comes "Later", implying Grimlock's been sitting in that cell a little while after doing the deed.

• Like Like x 2
  2. optimusmegas

optimusmegas Target-Power-Titan-Prime-Battle-Master

Ebay:
    hopefully it's a fake out and they all live....except nickel...i hope that's real

• Like Like x 2
  3. ultramagnus1

ultramagnus1 Well-Known Member

Oh man thinking back to what happened after that issue.....

Good memories

4. General Tekno

General Tekno Self-Styled #1 Lugnut Fan

News Credits:
    Yeah, the fact the heads are all intact and the bodies more look disassembled than anything makes me think everyone's still alive.

For now.

• Like Like x 1
  5. ZeroiaSD

ZeroiaSD Autobot

I do note all the damage to the ScAvengers is stuff like, detached and disconnected. Things have been pulled off, not smashed. For Grimlock, it is extremely clinical.

I also note that if Grimlock wanted them dead, there really is nothing they could do to even scratch his paint.

As does the origin of the Magnificence. It ties together a *lot* of stuff to what was, basically, an artifact from a one-shot that barely got used, and retroactively makes it a driving force for several important stories *and* ties it into the whole Knights quest.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2018
  6. iamtfc

iamtfc Well-Known Member

Personally, my apprehension comes from the fact that Roberts has said that when they reach cyberutopia, that when the quest is over, the book is over.

It's true that the Lost Light crew can still have more stories, but you run into all sorts of things that may disrupt that. What if Roberts decides that he doesn't feel like writing the book anymore, that he had a story to tell , and now it is over?

And yeah, lots of comics and even franchises like Transformers have many writers over decades.... But there is something to be said about having a story going in a particular direction that I love. It's what I liked about Marvel in the era I grew up in and it's what attracted me to MTMTE.

I'd give a new creative crew a chance, but I might also just call it quits because I love the book for what it is.

In the meantime, they can take as many detours as they want, I'm my mind.

7. General Tekno

General Tekno Self-Styled #1 Lugnut Fan

News Credits:
    Well, the book was never going to go forever.

It's been a long run though.

8. ACMagnus

ACMagnus Phantom Thief

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    That last panel of Grimlock is making me consider putting that as my cellphone wallpaper.

9. SteelWheels

SteelWheels Well-Known Member

I think the scavengers either aren't really dead or some magic-science thing will happen and bring them back to life. I know the last panel was made for shock value but honestly I didn't really find it shocking at all. I was almost kinda expecting it. I still liked the issue though, love the scavengers. And we got some questions answered which is always nice.

10. The Madness

The Madness News Credits: -13

News Credits:
    I do appreciate that concern, but I also feel that if Barber and Scott limited themselves to one book each, we'd have missed some significant contributions to the IDW Transformers world. Allowing a writer to pitch a fresh perspective with a new book can facilitate them to develop beyond the limits of their original scope as well as renew their enthusiasm.

The prospect of Roberts feeling 'burnt out' would be likely reduced if he were able to take a fresh and renewed perspective, IMO, rather than devoting energies to drawing out stories and concepts developed years prior. Plenty of creatives suffer similarly due to executive induced stifling.

As to him running out of stories, I have confidence all professional writers have the potential, as long as enthusiasm and inspiration is there. Personally, I'd rather the candle burn bright than entertain the prospect of watching his work suffer as he stays on longer than he feels he wants to. I'm sure he'll leave when he's ready, but not before then.

Whatever the case, Roberts has left a lasting impression on Transformers comics, with a legacy of raising the bar future writers can aspire to meet and exceed.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Shepard Prime

Shepard Prime Autobot and N7 for life

Neither am I.
    Past the initial crunch attack we don't see what happens to them and enough time passes that you could say that they snapped Grimmy out of his rage before he did any serious damage. Or further, Grimmy could've been awake that whole time and was faking it.

All I know is that no Spark Chambers are split or broken and even some of the body parts are placed a bit to neatly for the carnage that supposedly ensued.

12. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Not last place TF Jeopardy TFCON2020

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Well. That happened.

13. CyberBlade507

CyberBlade507 Well-Known Member

Couple of things:

1. Anybody recognize the guy in the corner when they're first shown in the cell?

2. Anybody else think the fact that there are "spare parts" littered about the cell when they get there is going to be a plot point in the reveal that the Scavengers are still alive?

14. GoLion

GoLion Banned

News Credits:
    I wanted to like this issue. Really, I did. I just couldn't get past the idiotic dialogue. How does a line like "scan for racists with a burgeoning interest in physiotherapy" even get into a book like this? Holy shit that was lame. I'm sure it's some inside joke that a bunch of his di... sycophants are going to giggle at, but for anyone else that just came across as incredibly dumb.

Anyway. I gave LL another chance. I regret it. Never again.

More power to the people who like this book. You're in an ever shrinking minority.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Chiller

Chiller Failed Decepticon

News Credits:
    Any issue with Flywheels gets a thumbs up from me! One of the best LL yet.

Half way through the issue I suddenly became convinced that the scavengers would somehow be turned into the DJD by Scorponok, either a version 2 or be the original DJD via time travel. Sounds crazy now, but it's what reading Roberts does to you.

16. Focksbot

Focksbot Skeleton Detective

Very enjoyable. That's five good'ns in a row by my estimation. If we're nearing the finale and he keeps this up, MTMTE/LL should go down as a remarkable epic with a rough and wobbly middle eight.

I am a bit scared for the Scavengers still - after "Tarn isn't Roller but ... this guy??" I wouldn't put it past Roberts to make his most obvious fake-out death scene yet into an *actual* death scene just to defy expectations.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Stryker055

Stryker055 History Man Extraordinare

It makes perfect sense in context. It was Fulcrum making a jab at Krok, who is a Triple M-aligned monoformer with an established (if subtle) prejudice against Cybertronians with altmodes, and has expressed a desire to open a mental health clinic to rehabilitate fellow Decepticons and help them adjust to post-war life.

• Like Like x 10
  18. GoLion

GoLion Banned

News Credits:
    Was that it? Man... I'm getting lost on all the subtext because I'm not reading this book like I used to. I guess in that context it makes sense. Still -- it was a bit hamfisted in execution.

Okay, accounting for that. The book wasn't too bad otherwise. The art still isn't great, but it's improving. I'd say this issue was a marked improvement over the first 4 or 5.

• Like Like x 1
  19. optimaloptimus2

optimaloptimus2 Sonic Xtreme, not Mario!

News Credits:
    With the reintroduction of the Warren (and thus time travel), I think either that's how the Scavengers survive this, or Grimlock's plan ends with him becoming Ten (and thus connecting him to the rest of the Lost Lighters for Drift's vision).

20. Zappit

Zappit Well-Known Member

Grimlock is Ten? Now that's an interesting theory.

You've got the Warren, the Magnificence, and the Scavengers. Something batshit crazy is going to go down.