Lost Light 13 Spoilers

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by NexusPrime, Jan 24, 2018.

1. NoiseMaker

NoiseMaker Well-Known Member

It was only on re-read it really sunk in that they were reacting to the video of everyine saying goodbye cause they were about to be attcked by the DJD... no wonder they went in all guns blazing really.

The rebuilt early warning system went off all throughout the issue and no one took any notice cause it was doing famous voices... no clue what it was warning them of though.. except the weird things happening to everyone.

2. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

Call it personal preference then. I haven't liked any of the original characters like Nautica.

I do like G1 Bluestreak and Inferno among others and would just prefer if they got screen time. Especially given how well Roberts was at fleshing out obscure G1 characters like Swerve and Whirl though Tailgate is more annoying than Bumblebee or Wheelie ever were. Ok, Wheelie never bothered me personally but I'm just using him to make my point to those that don't ike him.

Surely Hoist could have filled Lotty's role or some bland, under developed G2 characters like Zap and Highbeam could have filled in for Anode and Lug.

As to how it's different or could be different, if they started developing a lesser known character who some people could have waited decades to see in the spotlight, like Hubcap or Rotorstorm, then killing them just as they're finally being developed could add more resonance to their death.

If I sound like a G1-er it's because I grew up on it and there are hundreds of G1/G2 characters that never got to shine or get character development that I would like to see get exposure rather than some two dimensional new characters who don't resonate with me.

I have no problem with new G1 characters like Acid Storm and Mistress of Flame or retroactively introduced characters like Lugnut and Knock Out but if they're not portrayed in an interesting or likeable way, then I'd rather not.

Anyway, I'm just expressing my opinion, not attacking or condemnng anyone who does like those characters.

If you're right, I really hope it's Prowl controlling Ten. We really need to get Prowl back under the pen of either Roberts or Roche.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    I doubt it since he’s currently off saving theottlebots with stardrive and wheelie

• Like Like x 1
  4. Negativedark

Negativedark Stealth Gesalt

I'd owe Roberts and some people on this board an apology, probably. But I don't see that happening.
    I figured the Cons went on a Autobot killing spree. So Fort Max and the gang weren't taking too many prisoners, since if these idiots wanted to treat it like the war was still on and waste their second chances, fine.

5. Nocturne

Nocturne Professional Ginger

News Credits:
    Okay... Mad idea but I believe that Ten is being controlled. But by who? My guess is the same entity that spoke to Skids back Remain in Light.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  6. sideswipe29

sideswipe29 Collect what makes you happy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Just finished reading. I haven't read through this thread yet, I just wanted to get my thoughts down first.

Overall I've enjoyed LL but this issue felt a little strange to me. It's great to see Fort Max and Rodimus and Crew again but after we've had so much development in the last three issues that this just felt shoehorned in.

I haven't really had a problem with Anode until this issue. She just doesn't fit in. I don't care about her. Okay she's having a prank war with Swerve. Great. I guess it seems like something Swerve would do if he was cooped up on a ship but too much of this issue revolved around their antics and it kind of took me out of it.

Also, Magnus has been one of my favorite characters since the beginning of MTMTE. I loved his character arc of being totally by the book to having some hints at a personality as Season 2 was ending. This issue just felt off to me. It felt WAY to forced. Yes Magnus can still be very regimented and kind of detached but this issue felt like it just undid all of the development that was made in Season 2.

Cyclonus, Chromedome, Rewind, and Whirl were decent in this issue too. I like that we're exploring how Cyclonus is dealing with Tailgate but his retorts to Domey were a little cliche? His whole "You think it's real but it's not" just didn't make sense. I appreciate the development with Whirl though, that's progress.

I'm super interested to see what's happening with Ratchet and the last panel was a good cliff-hanger. It's those elements. Those mysteries that keep me coming back for more in this series. I can do without all of the pointless jokes just give me plot points that make me scratch my head.

Since this is the only comic I'm reading at the moment I feel like I'm not really wasting my money but I'm just ready to have some of these pieces start coming together and waiting for the culmination of the series to feel like the old MTMTE.

7. nim

nim Member

did ten's line sound incredibly familiar to anyone else? i'm considering it might be a bayverse bumblebee situation, alluded to by brainstorm's early warning device. "that's enough! we don't have much time. the fate of the universe depends on you doing exactly as i say." sounds very prowlesque in particular, but i'm having trouble placing it.
    im guessing it's part of cyclonus's pessimistic and negative outlook, exaggerated by the current circumstances. hope is a lie, love is pain, happiness is fleeting. chromedome and rewind are a generally happy couple, so they must not have a deep or meaningful relationship. if they did, it would be painful.

chromedome was right to call cyclonus jealous. that's definitely part of it. he and rewind have been a counterpoint to cygate since the beginning of the comic. cyclonus is grasping for ways to deal with being faced with the overall success of their relationship, in light of losing tailgate, and came up with "it's not like i want a dumb shallow fluffy relationship like that anyways".

• Like Like x 2
  8. Roadgrabber

Roadgrabber Pretender vehicle

Ten’s voice is Grimlock

9. Omnondippy

Omnondippy Well-Known Member

I really feel like tyrest and pharma are involved in this. Ratchet? Ten? Remember drifts vision?

10. ZeroiaSD

ZeroiaSD Autobot

Not a light-things-on-fire issue.

I thought 'bomb set off when you run out of words' is kinda dumb.... buuuut it's part of a dumb prank, so that swings it around to working again ^^ And yeesh, *knowing he was going to die*, Swerve used up 360 words in, what, an hour?

• Like Like x 1
  11. Lucas35

Lucas35 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/7760710/1/Of-Cybertronian-genders-and-reproduction

12. DoctorFunnyAF

DoctorFunnyAF Active Member

My pet rooster is the voice of Ten

13. CleverNamePendingatron

CleverNamePendingatron Just an ordinary cassette. Nothing to see here.

• Like Like x 5
  14. Rakzo

Rakzo Peruvian Transformers Fan

News Credits:
    Boy, I don't think this worked well at all. At some points it seems like Roberts is making fun of his own overuse of character "deaths" but at the same time, it makes the actual deaths that "might" have occurred lack any sense of weight (and I say "might" because Roberts of course).

Not to mention that the humour moments feel a bit out of place this time with the whole theme that is being developed while the plot-points here mostly serve as a set-up for upcoming stories.

Milne's art was great though. I just wish the story was better executed.

• Like Like x 2
  15. optimusmegas

optimusmegas Target-Power-Titan-Prime-Battle-Master

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    HA!!!! not only did i call the head up your ass bit a prank i called it almost exactly!!!

boom! game set and match MFers!

unfortunately i also called it that the preview was all we'd see of fort max, red alert, and cerebros and i also called it that this was sitcom highjinks filler.

but it was a fun little read. the prank war was kinda funny i actually don't hate anode right now...that's odd for me...

don't know where this is going with ratchet. mildly interested but expecting the payoff to be kinda meh unless it's a weird teleportation thing that results in a showdown with pharma...again...2 issues to find out right?

tailgate is so not dead...it was good closure for him but roberts is beginning to undo it 6 issues later...

kinda hate that chromedome is reduced to "the one in a relationship" hopefully he gets more characterization than that going forward. he had so much early on but now this is all he is.

speaking of nice to see season one ultra magnus back. his rigidness is what made us all fond of him.

great to see milne's artwork...too bad it's not lasting in this book.

and a special "that's just gross" award to roberts for having chromedome and rewind do whatever they did inside roller...i feel that was a gag to make the tumblr crowd "tee hee" and i hope it was worth it. that's messed up..it wasn't remotely funny.

and 10 can talk! that's something....too bad it's two issues till we come back to this.

see that? i was positive. i'm not some "hater" i love the book...and i criticize because i want it to be season 1 good again. this wasn't season 1 good but it has some familiar elements to it and it was enjoyable enough. hopefully the scavengers two part will be good and won't fall flat.

me either....

Last edited: Jan 24, 2018
    • Like Like x 7
  16. The Mad Demobot

The Mad Demobot Well-Known Member

Well I feel sheepish after my previous post:
    Sucks we don't see more events unfold on Necroworld, but I did have a bit of fun with this filler-ish series.
    I'm surprised that Ten is speaking, though if its own voice or someone else's is entirely unclear.

17. Dramatic Spoon

Dramatic Spoon Well-Known Member

Unpopular opinion, but I kinda want to see Anode and Swerve become Conjunx Endura, or at least Amica Endura.

• Like Like x 4
  18. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Don't rush it. I really wish Megatron Arc was longer.

• Like Like x 3
  19. CleverNamePendingatron

CleverNamePendingatron Just an ordinary cassette. Nothing to see here.

Honestly, I’d be lying if I said the thought didn’t cross my mind as well. It’s almost certainly not going to happen due to Lug, whose soul character trait is that she’s Anode’s conjux endura, but you never know. Regardless, I’d enjoy more Swerve/Anode scenes. They have good chemistry, and Anode is far far less annoying when she’s with Swerve.

• Like Like x 1
  20. The Mad Demobot

The Mad Demobot Well-Known Member

Name something Lug has done in Lost Light that contributed to anything? Practically nothing, and that was before the revelation in the first few issues that Lug was a ghost. Everything that happened with that duo was all Anode's. Either Lug steps their game up or become a less impressive Rewind than MTMTE season 1 with the Overlord catastrophe.

Everytime the pair appears I keep thinking "Oh Lug's there."

• Like Like x 3