Lost Light #13 Full Preview

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Sidesprey, Jan 20, 2018.

1. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wow, Transfandom sucks, it's just full of haters.
    There are other Transformers books, pick one.
    This looks like one of the better issues, unbelievable there so much hate for it.

• Like Like x 7
  2. Negativedark

Negativedark Stealth Gesalt

Thank you. Maybe some day down the road Rook will get something but for now all he's got is a bio and getting killed off. We're pissed off that he got killed off not because he had a character, but becausehe didn't. We don't care the character was killed off, we care because now we have no reason to care he was killed off.

I mean look at what happened with Deathsaurus forces. Even in this setting he's an experienced Decepticon leader who's been commanding his forces for a long time. Now for some reason Nickel the DJD's ex minicon medic is in charge? I suppose some issues are frustration. Rodimus is a joke, the idea he's ever going to be a great leader is laughable. It's kinda like the Chris Pine Kirk in the first two movies where you eventually realize the writers took all the stuff Zap Brannigan parodied and treated is like it was the whole of Kirk's character. Now on it's own I might not be so bothered. But let's face it Rodimus is stuck in a situation where nothing seems to want to use him as the worthy successor of Optimus. On another forum someone pointed out all the ways Rodimus actually surpases Optimus as a peacetime leader, including a lot of background stuff from the Japanese shows. But this aspect is always ignored and we get cocky arrogant Rodimus instead, and I think for me at least some of this frustration is spilling over. It may also be a large part of why Roberts take on Star Saber irritates me so much. The fear that will become the default characterization and we'll never see the heroic noble one explored again. And I know people will say "Well he was nothing but Optimus as a jet" but hell that's the whole damn point guys. Now he won't be developed as a leader and hero and at least Optimus as a jet is a difference from just Optimus... Again.

Yes you have different versions of characters. But they need to have core traits that are there for all versions otherwise there was no point in using that character in the first place. Optimus needs to be good and a leader. If you did a version of Optimus who acted like G1 cartoon Starscream it could be interesting for a shattered glass type thing or something comical, but the longer you go one the worse it's going to be as a version of Optimus, especially if it's supposed to be a serous or main work. Because that's not Optimus.
    There's various ways to explore it I guess and he took one. But there are others that would I feel address the different nature of Transformers from humans. They may be humanized in some ways but there's always going to be ways they are simply different because biologically they are very different. Can you really imagine what it would be like if everyone from birth could change into some different form, that they were as comfortable with as their humanoid one? Or Combiners. I'd love a mini just focusing on a combiner team, and what it means for the combined self. To be made of a group of individual yet being your own being, not the sum of their parts? Only existing when needed, yet always having to seperate because to take away from them would be to take away from yourself? What kind of individual would that shape, and how would it affect the individuals who make it up?
    Well now that I've calmed down, I'm 99% sure it's going to be a prank. So yeah over reacted on that I suppose.

But I think you also need to remember the old saying. "Familiarity breeds contempt." In the case of writers it's also the tendency to notice flaws or things that irritate you more as they go on. I mean let's take how people now joke about all the BDSM outfits in Chris Claremont's X-Men run or Frank Miller's high number of Whores. Eventually you start noticing these things becoming more evident as time goes on, and it affects what you take away when reading them.

• Like Like x 6
  3. worldsgreatest

worldsgreatest Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It isnt just criticism. You're being disengenuous.

More often than not he's trashed as being lazy, being a hack, having no respect for the franchise, having no respect for history, and an infinite number of other ad homenims. It's bubbled into more attacks of personal taste than criticism of the actual content I feel.

That's what people like myself are sick to death of.

• Like Like x 5
  4. YoungPrime

YoungPrime Herald Of Primus

News Credits:
    100 Energon cubes on Anode and Lug becoming a Duo-Con combiner that becomes Noggin like the upcomming POTP Battletrap and how Flywheels should've been!

• Like Like x 2
  5. LegoTFGuy

LegoTFGuy aka BrickBotGuy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    True, but she reformatted to a female body. So a second head being male is still strange.

6. optimusmegas

optimusmegas Target-Power-Titan-Prime-Battle-Master

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Its a prank...there's no head up her butt.

• Like Like x 1
  7. YoungPrime

News Credits:
    Anode >>>>>>>>> Pyra Magna

Now Pyra I can't stand. Anode is Wonder Woman by comparison.

• Like Like x 6
  8. maurice

maurice Well-Known Member

Again Decepticons being treated like shit. :( 

• Like Like x 3
  9. TyrantLizardKing

TyrantLizardKing Lord of all Terrible Lizards

Honestly I'd take Pyra Magna over Anode, if only because Pyra Magna is actually contributing to the ongoing plot.

• Like Like x 1
  10. WilyMech

WilyMech Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wish Mirage wasn't dead and have him there instead of Anode for the prank. I know it is selfish but i think prank would be funnier with Character like Mirage since he is a stuck up

• Like Like x 3
  11. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    At this point I'd rather quit the series just to not read the posts of a lotta guys here, complaining basically about anything this book gives us. I don't think it doesn't matter anymore what exactly will happen in this comic. This is TLJ level of ridiculousness.

Sometimes I think Transformers are best enjoyed without the fandom.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Blue18

Blue18 Well-Known Member

I think so too. But it is a funny idea, such an ass face. She'll take revenge for the joke.
    I'm more interested in what happens with Tailgate.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Nocturne

Nocturne Professional Ginger

News Credits:
    You know what Murasame I totally get what you're saying so I'm going to share some wisdom with you, something l just discovered myself. Don't engage. Post about what you like!

I'm not saying ignore the posters(although I find that helps) but if you're not here for those sorts of discussions then don't engage at all. So, let's chat about the preview ^_^

I think it's hilarious that Velocity would get in on the joke as well. But it makes sense given her past with Anode. Velocity is totally up for a chance to get back at her XD also love Anode's panicked expression at the horrible news. Lovely to have Milne back, if only for an issue.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2018
  14. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Seeing as you lack a mod icon next to your name, I don't care if you think that people who don't have the same opinion as you should shut up and not express themselves. And if, for some bizarre reason, they ever think about giving you such power, you can be sure that such abuse of your status will result in the administration stripping you of said power faster than a Movie Bumblebee figure can shelf warm.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Nocturne

Nocturne Professional Ginger

News Credits:
    Yeah, going from their expressions whatever they saw on the viewscreen must've been shocking.

16. Heliblade

Heliblade Autobot Vigilante of Kaon

Okay so now that we've all calmed down and realized that this is probably just the start of a prank war, can we all just take in our first reactions as evidence of how little we all think of Anode?

We already knew that this issue would have a prank war because of one of the covers, and when it was "revealed" that Anode has a literal head up her ass, we actually believed it at first.

Well, at least we had a fun little social experiment.

• Like Like x 2
  17. hardlurk

hardlurk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's not a gag, Anode is budding, and Tailgate is budding too, everyone is budding, and they're gonna have to ask themselves, what would Shockwave do?

• Like Like x 1
  18. Focksbot

Focksbot Skeleton Detective

Because showing alt modes and having Transformers visibly transform all the time counts as exploring the concept, but actually delving into the sociopolitical and identity-based ramifications of transforming *doesn't*? It's very bold of you to call BS on a statement I backed up with actual examples that you completely ignore. Looks to me like you've got it completely ass-backwards.

Yep. Thanks for being honest! Funny - when the comic veers off into crossovers in order to sell toys, people complain that Hasbro is ruining it, but when James Roberts kills a new toy, somehow he done wrong. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Countdown got offed, Nautilator got offed, Flywheels got offed - and most of the DJD got offed before we had any chance to find out anything much about them. Roberts has 22 pages a month to tell a story, and packs a massive amount into those pages. He cannot possibly give every single character their due. Some of them *have* to be treated as tertiary characters who only exist to flesh out the storylines of others. And if you make it so that only creator-invented bots take that role, then it's like giving them a redshirt - we already know who will be offed. Makes much more sense to mix in toy characters to the death count.

You do have a reason to care he was killed off - because in storytelling, deaths don't only exist to affect the character who was killed and their shocked fanbase. Deaths are also there for their meaning and effect on other characters in the story. Rook's death served to demonstrate the strain on the relationship between Getaway and Atomizer, and how Getaway deals with being gently questioned by his closest ally. It's a pivotal moment that needed to happen for Atomizer to attack Star Saber at the end.

There's nothing remotely interesting to explore about a 'heroic noble' Star Saber. He was the closest thing to a blank slate you can get without actually being a blank slate.

Ah, but there is a point. The point is in the deviation itself - taking a strong and noble type and turning them into a zealot. it's a pretty clear statement on how those in power, and those with fundamentalist beliefs, can go very wrong. A take on Transformers with a twisted version of Optimus Prime would be similarly interesting - not Shattered Glass, so much as a version whose noble ideals have fallen away as he's been forced to make more and more compromises to win the war.

Yes, you've made it quite plain that you don't care one way or another whether your repetitive venting is toxic and obnoxious. As long as you get to 'express yourself', who cares if it drags the tone of the thread down, eh?

• Like Like x 6
  19. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm going to say it again, I think this comic is amazing. Love the fact that Red Alert is checking out the cape. It makes something that looked fantastic into a plot device.

• Like Like x 2
  20. YoungPrime

News Credits:
    Edit: ..........I disagree.