Lost Light #12- Spoilers

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by rlmiddleton, Dec 26, 2017.

1. ultramagnus1

ultramagnus1 Well-Known Member

It was always my opinion that

1 only a handful of bots make it to the end

2 a knight or knights are already on the lost light. In the early days of mtmte rung was my favorite to be a knight

• Like Like x 2
  2. WilyMech

WilyMech Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Rung is showing signs of Matrix affinity that was describe by Getaway - Photonic Crystals. I think there is going be fall out with Mirage's death.

• Like Like x 1
  3. ultramagnus1

Rung could be another prime too. Especially with matrix affinity.

I think he's key to Roberts story. I've said it for a long time.

• Like Like x 2
  4. WilyMech

News Credits:

Rung is more of healer of the spark so he is meant to be on the Lost Light. Like I said this Cyberutopia is not what it seems and expect to be rotten at the core.

Luna 1 spark field light up when both Rung and Rodimus step on the surface. I believe it is more to do with Rung than Rodimus.

I do believe at the end of the series there will be a new Matrix and new Prime. The Cybertronians do not need a warrior as Prime but a healer to unite them.

Part of me thinks the deaths in this issue are not set. Since Roberts love misdirection and I doubt Mirage will stay dead.

• Like Like x 3
  5. ultramagnus1

Yeah I think so too. Don't think its the paradise they think it is.

Paradise just doesn't exist in the IDW universe ;) 

• Like Like x 4
  6. WilyMech

News Credits:

I think this planet brought back Tyrest, Pharma, and I suspect that it will bring back Mirage potentially. It just the way Star Saber slash at Mirage. I don't think it slice through Mirage's spark chamber, his cerebro processor yes it did go through.

I think Star Saber could easily hit or miss another spark chamber he just skilled. I think he made appeared that he killed Mirage.

• Like Like x 1
  7. ultramagnus1

How many times over the years has a character believed to be dead come back at the end to be a turning point? To be the deciding factor,?

I do believe tyrest, pharma and maybe lockdown and his team from remain in light will be here. Maybe some legislators too.

Are they any circle of light members left? If so these could be here as prisoners maybe?

• Like Like x 4
  8. WilyMech

News Credits:
    the Crew members are someways are complicit meaning that they were escaping the war torn Cybertron and wanted pre war time the golden age. I believe Blaster wants this so much he turning blind optic to what is going on the ship. Bluestreak wants a peaceful world. Hound just wants the journey to explore the Universe and that the reason he join the Lost Light.

• Like Like x 2
  9. ultramagnus1

I'm not sure cyberutopia is the place for some of these bots

• Like Like x 1
  10. WilyMech

News Credits:
    It is not they seeking to escape their past. Most of the members are damaged by war,,,,some are more so than others. Even if the Autobots find a Cyberutopia they don't know how to live peacefully those remain on Cybertron are learning how. I am school of thought where I do not believe Cyberutopia does not exist same as Utopian society on Earth is a myth.

• Like Like x 1
  11. ultramagnus1

Can you imagine the disappointment among certain crewmembers when they realise its a myth?

Who is the most invested in it of the main cast? Rodders? Well it was his idea? Will drift be disappointed? I'm sure there are others who will be deflated if its a nightmare.

Or others who will just go meh

• Like Like x 1
  12. WilyMech

News Credits:
    Very disappointed. I do believe the Knights Of Cybertron will be different from Cyberutopia. This planet they found I suspect there will be no Knights.

Rodimus is enjoying the quest to much for it to end and it is about the journey. Drift will be disappointed but he realize he will be newest Knight, so he is on his journey to become that. Others will realized that there no magical planet will become a Utopia without hard work.

Some it will be meh. Hound just likes to explore and journey end will mean he will go look for next great quest.

• Like Like x 1
  13. ultramagnus1

Swerve loves a good quest so he will move on to something else.

• Like Like x 4
  14. WilyMech

News Credits:

Pretty much.

• Like Like x 2
  15. justiceg

justiceg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    At least he was polite about it. :) 

16. RNSrobot

RNSrobot Keeper of the Waspinator Swarm. Blam.

The brainwashing aspect is disappointing because of this. There was a lot of interesting ways to go into the actions of whom we know to be good bots. Perceptor, blaster, etc etc. But in their minds they're still on the up and up and they aren't complicit in getaways increasingly nefarious crimes. It's a bit of a handwave and a missed opportunity. Ah well. For me I was excited by the last two issues, best in ages (I stopped buying after the opening arc, following on the wiki). I was almost ready to jump back on ... If James stuck the landing. oh well! Other things to read. :) 

• Like Like x 1
  17. hardlurk

hardlurk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Getaway & company did a bunch of shady spy stuff while organizing a mutiny. The original implication was, once he went public the majority of the crew were behind him. But now we see he never went public.

I don't think this works as ~~~timely political commentary~~~, because all the people doing things I don't like? They all go on Twitter and openly brag about it. Everybody knows everybody is full of crap, but people back their teams anyway. They aren't really deceived, they just accept permission to ignore reality.

• Like Like x 3
  18. rlmiddleton

rlmiddleton Don’t call me a member thank you very much.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    This is extremely eloquent and consequently very depressing.

19. WilyMech

News Credits:

I don't think it Brainwashing and memories had been altered. Blaster is ignoring what is going on and he at the point being complicit with everything in pursuit of an idea of what should be. It is no different from Soundwave when the reality of what the Decepticons became. Soundwave ignored that the Decepticons became as corrupt as the Senate and just as bad what they were fighting against. Most the bridge crew live lives apart from the main crew. I doubt the two groups have much interactions with each other. Neither Blaster and Perceptor were there for the slaughter and for that fact neither is Hound. Most of the crew live in fear and even they know something is wrong but they don't know what though.

Getaway is in weak position his allies he has are situational at best. Sunder, if Getaway did not get life cords he wants there is less likely memory alteration he needs to keep crew from discovering the truth.

Froid is only there for Sunder.

Star Saber just wants revenge on Cyclonus and cares nothing about power structure and most likely skewer Getaway than help him. Getaway is the best bet for Cyclonus to show up when Rod crew reclaims Lost Light.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  20. justiceg

justiceg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Having read some of my back issues in light of the trilogy...remember how Chromedome said that he found "Getaway" buried in Skids' head? Maybe there was a bit more trauma involved there than we originally thought....perhaps he got shot with the nudge gun more than once, if you catch my meaning?