Lost Light #1 Cover

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by ORIO, Oct 25, 2016.

1. Starscream Gaga

Starscream Gaga Protoformed This Way

News Credits:
    Rodimus being an awful captain that really doesn't deserve to be in charge has been a consistent plot point for the entirety of MTMTE. And the assassination was organised with the Council, the DJD and their army being there was an unforeseeable event that I don't really think Getaway should be blamed for. It was very clear that Getaway was promised that Megatron and only Megatron would be killed and we have confirmation from Roberts that he was not informed that Overlord would be the one to do it.

They needed Rodimus and co. gone because they would fight against the mutiny. Dumping them on an empty planet with a ship that still functions is a pretty humane way of doing it.

2. AutobotAvalanche

AutobotAvalanche Number One in Boogieland

News Credits:
    Yeah he isn't great at it, but part if it is Prowl. They might have made progress if it weren't for him. And still, good captain or not it's his ship, his mission, his crew. Getaway can't take that at will.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Megastar

Megastar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Finding the Knights is for the good of Cybertron and Rodimus was getting in the way of that, becusce of his ego and Getaway has been calling him out on that since he joined the crew and seen how much they dillydally. And in all honesty Megatron deserves whatever Overlord and DJD would've done to him for his crimes and if Rodimus and the others tried stopping that just becusce they like him than they'd deserve the same punishment.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2016
  4. Megatron118

Megatron118 Excelsior! Moderator

News Credits:
    Looks beautiful. Still assholes though

5. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    I totally agree that Getaway is a great character. He's easily on my top 10 Transformers antagonists ever. But I still would love for him to meet the wrong end of a Cybertronian equivalent of Lucille (I guess that's Tarn's weaponized conversation here, if he was still alive).

6. Focksbot

Focksbot Skeleton Detective

I can sympathise well enough with the position of the mutineers, but I am left wondering why Getaway has been given the captaincy. After what he did to Tailgate, my position, if I were Mainframe, Bluestreak, Riptide or any of the others who were in on it, would be to go through with the mutiny but put Getaway and Atomiser back inside as soon as possible. You don't want to be led by someone who (a) thinks it's OK to set innocents up to be brutally killed, and (b) makes a hash of it.

Presuming Thunderclash is still on board and was on his own quest for the Knights, you'd have thought he'd have been offered the chair. If not him, then you'd think there's be *someone* more suitable out of the likes of Perceptor, Mainframe, Highbrow, Crosscut (a former senator), Dipstick etc.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    1988 - 2016.png

1988: "Go on Getaway! Show that Decepticon they'll never beat the Autobots!"

2016: Come on Dreadwind! blast that slimy creep!"

• Like Like x 7
  8. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    :D 

9. Optimax Prime

Optimax Prime The 14th Prime

Fort Optimax (which is more than meets the eye)
    bs to that, seriously if Optimus learned about Roller being alive and stranded with the DJD, Hell he'd probably get Jackie to lock-on to the LL signature and beat up everyone and PWN Getaway into a bloody pulp and blast his head off if not for his own self-titled comic, also Getaway can be a total jackass, honestly i'm surprised Nightbeat never realized it before

• Like Like x 1
  10. The Madness

The Madness News Credits: -13

News Credits:
    I love Getaway more and more as time goes on. Who would have thought a Transformers character would elicit such a passionate response from people. Not even Starscream or Megatron could drive this amount of anger. I guess they've never been insincere homewreckers, though... Bomp.

• Like Like x 2
  11. AutobotAvalanche

AutobotAvalanche Number One in Boogieland

News Credits:
    Yeah, gotta give Roberts credit for getting a response like that