Lost Age LA-01 Battle Command Optimus Prime

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by daimchoc, May 28, 2014.

1. Stepper

Stepper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It seems that this LA-01 is not the same mold as AD-01,can someone confirm this?

2. Megatron276

Megatron276 destroyer

Wow that look bad. But anyway op toys are the way they because of his design. There is no way to make that design transform and look accurate. Rotf prime design was easier it at least had wheels. This one looks like a damn protoform but tf into that big ass truck. I feel for hasbro with this prime. The retail one is the best so it will do. As someone who worked retail during ROTF them making something like prime or harder will never sell. You ppl know how many returns we got. Op and sp from dotm never moved.

3. cybernaut

cybernaut Well-Known Member

And that, people is, in part, why Hasbro was forced to result to designing these things to flip-changing simplicity...

Admirable and understandable... But I feel sometimes, we've forgotten we're collecting toys meant to be played by as wide a gamut of target audiences, young and old and tend to demand that the toys we collect be geared towards our tastes and capabilities.

I for one am looking forward to an opportunity to get this, as I can see a lot of potential in this toy. If I may, I like this better than Hasbro's Smash and Change version and hope that Hasbro decides to include this in the US AoE lineup somehow.

jya na.

4. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Exactly. As soon as we saw the new Optimus bot mode in the first trailer, it was obvious that Hasbro was up s#*% creek.

I still think they'll figure a way to do it better for the next movie, but I certainly can't blame them for having trouble first time out of the gate.

5. Alpha-trion

Alpha-trion Sentai Warrior

Maybe what needs to happen is for this franchise to end... and for a new Movie franchise to begin where the designs are less complex. Maybe something between IDW and Movie designs.

Also... let Hasbro help in the designing process. Or let Takara do it... which ever but they need to make designs more palletable. Take away the toys... I am not a fan of Optimus Prime's makeover. The only thing I see on that robot mode that signifies that he turns into a truck are the smoke stacks. To me it feels like the truck breaks down into sheet metal fragments and wraps itself around a metal skeleton. Hell I dont think there would be a way to make a 1:1 scale figure accurately transform.

I feel like this is Beast Machines x's 10.

So in time when someone else takes a stab at these films... I say they should scale back on the complexity but keep it in realistic terms of what it's like to see a real car or truck transform into a giant robot.

6. Stepper

Stepper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Kind of agree with you are per this mold sure does not look like the Takara AD01 Leader class Optimus Prime but look more like the First Edition mold.

7. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    This isn't a retool of any existing Optimus figure at all. It's all new and smaller. The Bumblebee shown with it is a One Step Changer which is a little bigger than a scout figure. This Optimus is not much bigger. It might be the size of a Beast Wars era deluxe in robot mode or a very small voyager.

First Edition AOE Optimus is much bigger.

8. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    ...and yet much, much more expensive.

9. donaldhuman

donaldhuman Maximal Defector

I don't really know why everyone thought this was going to be a second leader Optimus or something. I've been saying that it's part of kid's line ever since we got the original scans. Seriously, what were people expecting?

10. Afterburner

Afterburner For your health

News Credits:
    Don't feel sorry for Hasbro, they are the reason why you have the designs you have. They sign off and collaborate on this stuff - no one has a gun to their head. They just aren't smart enough to figure out that stupid designs equals stupid toys.

TakaraTomy either, though they do not fund the movies.

11. Digilaut

Digilaut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hasbro doesn't fund the movies either. They do have some say in it and have meetings with the movie production team, but technically the movies can use the license to do what they want to, and Hasbro is 'free' to turn those designs into toys or not. Their actual creative input is limited.

You're also implying Hasbro and Takara are totally separate. Every Transformers toy you get in your hands that is not a Takara exclusive is actually a collaboration between Hasbro and Takara Tomy.
    Hasbro always gets the critism, Takara always gets the praise, which is totally unfair and unrealistic.

Of course, doesn't mean we all have to start liking all that One-Flip Change and Dino Sparker stuff, but a more honest perspective would be nice..

12. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:
    no it's not. head is way smaller and less details, and it fits in with Legends class/ flip changers. so no. FYI, this has been confirmed to be a new Voyager class Prime mould only released by Takatomy in Japan.

13. daimchoc

daimchoc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    It's voyager scaled. via HobbyBase

[​IMG] [​IMG]

14. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    My god, it has more kibble than the current one. I didn't think that could be possible.

15. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:
    ^^@Dolza_Khyron: Told you so! :p 

16. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    You know aside from the huge backpack the Battle Command Optimus does look like he can make for a nice stand in for a Voyager version of the Upgraded Optimus. I hope that if there is a Voyager figure of the Western Star Optimus design it would have cues from this.

17. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    I'm wondering if this would be perfect for a scale of Leader Class Grimlock and Voyager Galvatron. Should I or wait until Hasbro releases a Voyager New Truck Optimus?

18. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    I think it's best to wait until SDCC to see if Hasbro will release a Voyager New Truck Optimus in the future or not.

19. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    And what happens if they don't have one? Could I buy one then?

20. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    I got the 1-Step Drift today, and this figure makes me think that Battle Command Optimus might get released here. Or at least that Hasbro is keeping its options open.

Because of the gimmick where you stand a 1-Step character on Optimus' back and it triggers the voice and sound chip. There's a little metal pin that sticks out of 1-Step Drift's right foot. On the other foot is a silver painted tail light and no pin. I'm figuring that right foot pin fits in a little hole on the Optimus' back kibble stand and triggers the voice. The fact that the metal pin (which is a separate piece) is still included on the Hasbro figure makes me think Hasbro has not ruled out releasing Optimus here completely.

[​IMG]