Lorenzo says BB isn't a reboot.

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Markatron, Dec 10, 2018.

1. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm honestly over time travel.

I don't know, I heard he was totally on board with Optimus fighting polar bears in the next movie.

But to be serious, hating on Lorenzo is such a pastime around here. But I agree with him that Unicron was a bad idea, for the same reasons he had, and he freely admits they learned quite a bit about making these films from making Bumblebee.

He's not the devil we make him out to be.

• Like Like x 1
  2. malware5

malware5 Well-Known Member

Too little, too late! Had this been announced some 11 years ago I'd be all over the moon but honestly I couldn't give a flying fuck about it and just like the rest of those other embarrassments to the legendary Sunbow G1 I will not be watching this.

3. DarkRed401

DarkRed401 Well-Known Member

one thing we can agree on is that bumblebee was originally intended to be an 07 prequel, as production went on and tlk flopped i think paramount decided to see if they can turn the movie as a beginning to a new universe if it's well received, i think they don't want the bad press of rebooting a franchise just for it to flop immediately so their just playing it off though i wouldn't be surprised if i was wrong

4. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The tenacity of this guy,
    He's like a tongue replacing isopod

Nasty:
    Bizarre Tongue-Eating Parasite Discovered Off the Jersey Coast |

• Like Like x 3
  5. Dinobot Snarl

News Credits:
    What's funny is they're trying to respect the Bay fans, but they gave two fucks about Generations fans for 10 years, only after their golden goose died did they pay is any attention.

Seeing that Camero next to Prime was a dreadful moment.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Fallout

Fallout Banned

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 2
  7. SilverOptimus

SilverOptimus Movie News Monster Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Why do I get the feeling that they are going to screw up the next Transformers movie?

• Like Like x 7
  8. Xaxis

Xaxis Multi-dimensional Traveler

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    For the record, I’ve only thought he’s a grade-A bullshitter who rarely has a clue about the topic he’s discussing. Ignorant, sure. A devil, nah. :D 

• Like Like x 4
  9. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    If that don't sum up the majority of Bumblebee's pre-release discourse, I dunno what does...

• Like Like x 2
  10. Galvatross

Galvatross Dom Dom, Yes Yes Veteran

The thing is, every Transformers movie and show "ruins" the brand forever somehow according to someone on the internet. So I don't know how they can ruin this brand of toys and toy-inspired fiction, other than never have Transformers anything ever again.

If anything, my concern is that they're now only going to do nostalgic Transformers movies rather than anything novel. And I'd rather see a novel Transformers series with both hits and misses (although preferably more in the way of hits) rather than something comfortable and nostalgic that never tries anything new. The ideal Transformers movie would be something in between the excessive number of characters and plot points of The Last Knight and the extreme fandom safe space, 2007/G1/Iron Giant rehash that is Bumblebee. If the next few movies can do something in between, that would be terrific.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Jalen Frisby

Jalen Frisby BumblebeeLover

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Can't Paramount/ Hasbro get rid of Lorenzo? This guy get's on my nerves! THe reason why i love Bumblebee was because it had a story, i understand these characters better then the Bayverse. Yes i do like the bayverse but..jesus it needed to leave. I hope Travis stays as a producer for the Optimus Prime Film

• Like Like x 3
  12. Dinobot Snarl

News Credits:
    They already did novel Transformers

13. RazorX3000

RazorX3000 Cybertronian Monkey

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Silver, do you have any idea as to why Travis wouldn’t just keep directing all the next Transformers movies? Does he not want to? Does the studio not want him to despite seeing how he directs a Transformers movie? They could easily screw it up by getting someone who won’t direct as well.

14. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Of course he wouldn't.

He's been the "big brain" behind the TF movies' lore, the one who's come up with such ludicrous ideas and was behind the writers room/cinematic universe idea. Admitting this is a reboot is akin to admitting defeat, and he's way too much of a stuck-up tool to do that. He's trying to save his own face with this statement, when it's clear this is a reboot through and through.

• Like Like x 7
  15. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde born-again First Churcher

News Credits:
    :rolleyes: 

16. Rumblestorm

Rumblestorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh god please don't say that. You're like a super reliable source here and that statement makes me feel this film was all for nothing.

17. Fallout

Fallout Banned

News Credits:
    i don't think i'm that reliable, but thanks! unfortunately, the validity of isopod innocence has no bearing on the movies.

• Like Like x 2
  18. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave Bounty Hunter

News Credits:
    I disagree. If you had told me that's the way the scene was going to play out before seeing the movie, I probably would have cringed. But I thought him turning into the Camaro worked fine. It played on Charlie's love for cool cars (which was emphasized throughout the movie), and it also kind of showed that he was 'growing' after he defeated the two Decepticons (who also turned into muscle cars) and saved the day. Plus, it was sort of necessary to take a new disguise after being exposed to Sector 7. I thought it worked on a level slightly deeper than just "Camaros are cool".

Just out of curiosity, what makes you say that? I thought the future of the brand was looking rather promising?

19. normtrooper

normtrooper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My thoughts exactly. The scariest thing is he said “we learned something here” I fear this is going to go to their heads... like ROTF where they were so confident and rushed they made a movie during a writer’s strike.....

Just use B.B. as a launching pad and keep the same people on board. Let TLK be the end and move on.

20. Rumblestorm

Rumblestorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    LOL, wwoooopps. Sorry, I meant to quote SilverOptimus. :lol 
    Now that I am quoting the right person, once again,

Oh god please don't say that. You're like a super reliable source here and that statement makes me feel this film was all for nothing.

I know fear that if the films move forward in this new direction they will just end up being the new DCEU. 1 good film for every 5 or so bad ones. Except at this point this franchise can't even take 1 bad one anymore.