Lorenzo di Bonaventura Talks About The Transformers Live Action Movie Franchise

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SilverOptimus, Jul 27, 2021.

1. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

News Credits:
    I like it, it describes some people here quite well. And it doesn't have anything to do with liking the Bayverse or not.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    If you hate the place so much, log off and go touch some grass.

• Like Like x 8
  3. BIOMEC

News Credits:
    It's an adjective,and it fits him well.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde Destron Enforcer

News Credits:
    Color me surprised, someone who throws around a childish label instead of formulating a proper argument likes it and thinks it serves a purpose. I'm genuinely shocked.

• Like Like x 7
  5. BIOMEC

News Credits:
    I don't hate it :lol , you are just putting words in my mouth... Besides... I am having a great time right now, sooooo why leave? ;) 

6. BIOMEC

News Credits:
    Would you like me to use "intolerant hardcore G1 fan" instead? Too much words... Suggest me a better term please and I promise I will use it!

7. OriginalFire

OriginalFire Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm gonna keep the faith :) 

8. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    That didn't answer my question - what dictates realism when we're talking about shapeshifting alien space robots? What makes the bayverse designs, which ultimately couldn't even transform, more realistic than modern adaptations of classic designs?

So why did you post what is effectively just a super detailed version of the original G1 Slingshot?

[​IMG]

The head and forehead are still orange, the majority of the plane fuselage is on his back, and there's even red on the chest. Everything else is just extraneous detail on top of what is blatantly an evolution of the original design and I guarantee that all the people you call 'geewunners' would be very happy to get THAT design in the movies.

Which is ironic given you foolishly don't see how the original bayverse designs for Prime, Jazz, and even Brawl are close to their originals. Prime still has the design of the cab-over chest with the window braw and a metallic interior chest piece to replicate a truck radiator grill, Jazz has the front end of the Pontiac Solstice on his chest the same way the original has the Porsche nose, and Brawl has the front end of the tank fold in and the turret on the back.

All because I pointed out you don't have the authority to say what is and isn't realistic. I never said anything about G1 designs until you decide to prove how intolerant you are of anybody who dares question the bayverse.

• Like Like x 11
  9. johnbonhamatron

johnbonhamatron RIP

News Credits:
    You want Transformers to not look like Transformers? o_O 

What would you like them to look like? Brine shrimp, perhaps?

Erm... it's a noun not an adjective... :peoples: 

EDIT TO ADD: Also, it was neither. It was you doing an evasion to avoid responding to his actual point.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2021
    • Like Like x 7
  10. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde Destron Enforcer

News Credits:
    Brine shrimp, Mantis shrimp, any animal really as long as they don't look like big cartoony Lego toy boxy robots from a baby show for babies.

• Like Like x 4
  11. Shady boi

Shady boi Banned

Ebay:
    I agree with you ~95% but TFW2005 is FAR FROM ONE.

12. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm a Transformers fan, not just a G1 fan. That includes Animated Cyberverse, Prime etc. But Transformers, in general, have a certain look. They don't look like Gundams, and they don't look like Super Robots, or Veritechs or Robotech or mech warrior or Ridley Scott creatures, They are distinct, not just G1. There was an established style.

The Bayverse went in a completely different direction stylistically, thematically, and Character wise.

For existing fans there is a LOT to dislike.
    But yes style is one of them. None of us who were fans prior to the Bayverse were drawn to Transformers because they looked like monsters or Xenomorphs

Is it so outrageous that people might want Transformers to look like Transformers?

Then there's the Hypocrisy. Bay's Style has been solidly in place for over 10 years, you complain that all G1ners want is the same old thing....well right now the Baystyle is the "old" thing here.

The very idea that the thought of catering to the fans that maintain (yes maintain) this franchise through durable and reliable purchases throughout the decades regardless of quality supporting media is just too much for you...

• Like Like x 5
  13. Shady boi

Shady boi Banned

Ebay:
    Gwhiners.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Shady boi

Shady boi Banned

Ebay:
    Only call someone a Geewhiner if 2 circumstances happen,

1. They only Accept G1 and everything after is the fucking Anti-Christ.

2. They call people that are not Other Gwhiners " fake fans ".

Gwhiners can be of all ages.

Gwhiners are different from Baybies,Beasties,and IDWhatevers.

Im now inclined to believe that Baybies>=Gwhiners

15. Hanzkaz

Hanzkaz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Personally, I can say that I was fully prepared to accept the Bayverse as the live action update of the Transformers franchise (I mean, I pretty much bought everything for the first three movies). Each time, I put the issues down to a learning curve for the makers. I even accepted that a more G1 style movie like, say, Bumblebee, was unrealistic (and I'm so damned glad I was wrong).

But it was getting more and more obvious that the quality of the writing was really bad, and I'm someone who likes Transformers and good stories. I grew up with good Transformers stories, so I thought the live action movies would take things to the next level.

Instead, the people making them blatantly didn’t give a f***, cramming them with inconsistencies, caricatures, random nameslaps, toilet humour, dead-before-you-know-'em 'cameos', and so on. I didn't like the fact that the people behind the Bayverse pretty much encouraged audiences to accept badly written movies. And that we could only have bad Transformers films (and, seriously, even they admitted they were bad, whilst also making it clear that never bothered them), and we should be happy with them.

And in the end audiences ended up thinking that's all that Transformers movies were, and all they would ever be. Bad movies.

And that's why they walked away.

Bumblebee was basically proof of something that the Paramount old guard denied for years was possible - a good, well-written, character-driven Transformers movie devoid of the typical Bayverse cynicism and negativity. (the G1 aspects were a nice bonus).

And it happened while, and because, the Paramount higher ups went into hiding after the TLK f***-up.

I'll say it again, the Bayverse was a waste of great potential. There is so much they could have done with it, but they packed it with explosives and ran it off a cliff. The Knightverse, on the other hand is an opportunity for a new beginning, and a chance to do things right this time.

It's up to Hasbro and Paramount to take that chance.

Ot not.

• Like Like x 6
  16. BIOMEC

News Credits:
    I don't need the authorithy, but again, I won't explain myself any further, this place has a bias towards what a transformer should look like, realistic means that alien robots should not resemble anything from earth unless there is a very well explanation for it.

People gets really angry about meaningless things. Especially this irrational hate towards Bayformers or the "G word".

And that's why you can't accept anything that deviates from that concept.

I suggest both of you to look for all the extinct and extant phyla and see all the body plans that nature and natural selection could devise, and that's only on earth! But no, you want alien transformers to look humanoid for no reason always...

I am really having a lot of fun here! :lol 

• Like Like x 1
  17. BIOMEC

News Credits:
    Agreed, let's see how the new movie performs in the box office and with the critics.

I hope the robot designs look cool.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Hanzkaz

Hanzkaz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I hope the movie's good, too.

19. Music

Music Primetimus Prime

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Come on now, DOTM had a robot that straight up looked like Albert Einstein, but for some reason, the Bayverse gets a free pass? Last time I checked, the Bayverse had robots that were bipedal with 2 arms, human-like noses, facial hair, etc. Your argument makes no sense.

• Like Like x 8
  20. BIOMEC

News Credits:
    Are you mad!? :lol