Lorenzo di Bonaventura says working on sequel(s) to The Last Knight & Bumblebee.

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Gaokaiser, Mar 15, 2019.

1. octobotimus

octobotimus Bad company ruins good morals

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    So they can shit in the franchise like they did with Star Wars? No thanks!!

As to those still being frustratingly annoying about B.B. not being a reboot....

IT IS, HASBRO STRAIGHT UP CALLED IT SO IN A PUBLIC CONVENTION!!!!

Think about it, it’s a public convention , which means they weren’t just telling us it’s a reboot, they were also telling investors that. So yes, it’s a reboot. Stop with you stupid conspiracies.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2019
    • Like Like x 5
  2. ar78

ar78 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think they just need to stop with the movies for a while. I didn't like TLK that much, but it was a lot more entertaining than Bumblebee. My son liked TLK a lot more than Bumblebee, where he nearly fell asleep halfway through.

Take out the quick Cybertron scenes and the opening Blitzwing fight, and the movie was terrible. People bash the Bay movies for the human scenes but praise Knight for nearly two hours of My Life Sucks by Hailey Steinfeld.

The "Absolute Bomb" TLK and Bumblebee had the same gross take in the USA and TLK made over $100 million more overseas.

If I were Paramount, I'd be looking at continuing with a continuity that has made them a few billion dollars vs going down the path of Bumblebee. Publicly they might be calling it a success, but privately it has to be a disappointment.

Plus if the Bumblebee toyline is any indication of the future from Hasbro, I'd tell them not to bother. Price/quality, they are probably the worst Transformers toys ever made. The only thing that could give them a run for the galactic garbage trophy is the $8 Cyberverse scouts.

• Like Like x 2
  3. convoy84

convoy84 misses you like the deserts miss the rain.

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

Pictured: what y'all see when you look at Lorenzo.

4. TopShot16

TopShot16 She/Her (Transwoman)

I\'ll be honest, I\'d actually love to see a Lethal Weapon style Transformers film. A film where Optimus and Bee go on a secret mission to find and arrest or destroy a bunch of new decepticons on Earth. No secret artifact, no blue lazer in the sky, just straight up Optimus and Bee kicking Decepticon tailpipe across the United States in a banter filled, campy film taken straight from G1 meets TFP. Maybe throw in Mindwipe or some other lesser known Decepticons. Maybe actually make it about Shockwave and Soundwave on Earth?

• Like Like x 2
  5. Mattymo

Mattymo Banned

News Credits:
    Thank god you’re not paramount or anyone who has a say in the franchise. If you were we’d be a helluva a lot of trouble than what you believe it already is

• Like Like x 12
  6. Viper2005

Viper2005 Active Member

I hope they bring back Hailee in the next movie!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Xaxis

Xaxis Multi-dimensional Traveler

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    If this movie is made and Prime says “I’m getting too old for this shit”… ugh.

Lorenzo di Bonaventura, Tom DeSanto, Ian Bryce, and Michael Bay all need to be completely severed from this franchise. Bring in a completely new team of people like Travis Knight, who all grew up watching Transformers and know the characters.

And di Bonaventura had nothing to do the original releases of those anniversary titles. So they really don’t add anything to the list.

• Like Like x 7
  8. Cosbydaf

Cosbydaf Well-Known Member

Well, the ball's in your court now, Hasbro. Explain what the hell is going on.

Are you SERIOUSLY going through with a TLK sequel?

• Like Like x 2
  9. blueandwhite

blueandwhite Well-Known Member

Did you stop and consider that Bumblebee may have struggled due to Transformers fatigue and audience disappointment from TLK? While Bumblebee was actually a solid movie, how many people have simply given up on the Transformers franchise because its predecessors have become increasingly unwatchable? The Last Knight was a complete mess of a film. I can't imagine that your average movie goer was expecting anything out of Bumblebee after being so thoroughly done with Transformers after sitting through Age of Extinction and Last Knight. Like it or not, the Transformers franchise needs a serious overhaul. Bumblebee could have been that starting point but Lorenzo's insistence on tying it to the Bay-verse will probably tank the franchise for good.

• Like Like x 6
  10. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave Bounty Hunter

News Credits:
    Honestly...I kind of like the idea of an Optimus/Bumblebee buddy movie better than an Optimus standalone movie. It just sounds like a lot of fun. Pairing a serious and stoic mentor with a young headstrong kid is always a fun formula.

Say what you will about whether Lorenzo's statement is true. I personally get where he's coming from about an Optimus movie being hard to do, although I think they could pull it off if they tried. Still, they could fail horribly at it too. This definitely sounds like a safer approach, which is fine.

11. kary

kary Karyuudo Fansubs

I think everyone needs to take a step back and breathe for a moment. Many things happen behind the scene that we're not privy to. Lorenzo di Bonaventura is one person who is responsible for the decisions that are made regarding how these movies are made and play out. There's many other people who are involved also and if higher ups don't agree with his (or others) approach, they'll kibosh it.

Other things to consider; they're at the beginning when they're drafting out scripts and ideas so nothing is 100%. There hasn't even been a director assigned to this project yet. From day-to-day things change. What Lorenzo says they're going today may not be where they're going tomorrow. Also I'm sure Lorenzo (like anyone in a job) has his opinion about where they "think" they're going in terms of a project. It doesn't always mean that's going to happen.

I would definitely wait until there's a director assigned to the project before drawing any conclusions; and taking everything else at this point with a grain of salt.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2019
    • Like Like x 6
  12. Exsalted

Exsalted Member

Yeah, I thought this was a reboot as confirmed previously... WHY ARE THEY MAKING A TLK SEQUEL???

• Like Like x 1
  13. TwitchingFool0

TwitchingFool0 Well-Known Member

If we really are getting the sequel to TLK i'll be happy. Can reboot the franchise afterwards. I gotta see an end and my big beautiful TLK Megatron return.

I'm down for a Lethal Weapon TF film. Sounds like a lot of fun.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Exsalted

Exsalted Member

Ok.... good there isnt one... hopefully

15. PrimalFury

PrimalFury The Chosen One

News Credits:
    I call that BS, I'm chasing off real fans? Real fans accept the truth and love the film not because of its placement in the grand scheme but because it's a good film. I dont personally care if its status is reboot or not, let's get this straight please, whatbI care about is the truth and the facts, I despise misinformation, just because a certain group of people dont like a fact, that doesn't mean that we should just accept the lie. If a fan wants to believe Bumblebee is separate, that's fine, I'm not talking beliefs or faith here, I'm talking what is and what is NOT per Hasbro and per Travis Travis Knight and those chiefly responsible for the film.

16. PrimeSlave

PrimeSlave Well-Known Member

If only I could give one post multiple likes... :D 

Hear, hear.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Prime17

Prime17 Seeker

News Credits:
    His reasoning is very weird. Of course an Obi-Wan Kenobi movie could work. It’s what many SW fans had wanted to see for years. An Optimus Prime could work as well by simply treating him like the actual character he is.

I rather not have Disney own the franchise since they already have too many properties to focus on now that have Fox, but the franchise would definitely be in a much better position that it is now that’s for sure.

18. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Is it really confirmed that a TLK is really in the works though? I mean I remember Hasbro didn't once make that comment. Again I can't see Paramount going along with it because what would they honestly gain from it aside from having another bomb and making people hate them more? They should just focus on the Bumblebee sequel.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Mr. Chaos

Mr. Chaos New Holder of the Matrix of Leakership

News Credits:
    Oh, and one other small thing... this is coming from a Japanese interview. Those things are famous for getting things mistranslated. The number of Marvel rumors that were proven to just be "Someone said something that got translated and then translated back to English" are amazing.

...anyone remember the episode of Newsradio where Jimmy James took his book, translated it to Japanese, then translated that BACK to English? I think we have that case here.

• Like Like x 4
  20. neospark1

neospark1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 6