Lorenzo di Bonaventura on the future of Transformers and Gi joe

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by decepticon seeker, Jul 21, 2021.

1. Serpico Jones

Serpico Jones Member

Jesus Christ that has got to be the dumbest and most embarrassing interview I’ve ever read. How in the world does Paramount allow someone who has an active dislike of these properties to produce these movies? My God.

• Like Like x 13
  2. Shady boi

Shady boi Banned

Ebay:
    Take away his edibles.

• Like Like x 6
  3. Paok

Paok Well-Known Member

Sooo... Are we still excited for ROTB? :p 

I find it immensely funny that he talks about how Snake Eyes is tough to pull off because he's mute, when they've been trying to convince us that Bumblebee only became interesting when they turnt him mute. Priceless stuff!

• Like Like x 9
  4. Yodoswaginz

Yodoswaginz Well-Known Member

This man is such a moron. I am genuinely baffled as to how he ended up in this position. Like it seems the only reason he has any say is because he/his production company is the one with money willing to finance these films. But where did he get the money from? His wikipedia page is pretty sparse. Apparently he was working at Warner Bros then left to produce his own films in 2002. But before that there's nothing. What was he doing before then? How does an idiot end up in this position??

• Like Like x 4
  5. Magnum Dongus

Magnum Dongus Wishing for a reboot

According to Lorenzo, I guess Hasbro will probably never make toys of this guy, either.
    DEFBC593-E27E-4FC3-9B8E-E7CFDB6EA51D.jpeg
    oh wait.
    4E1984CA-F13E-49CF-9636-943892777175.jpeg 46105C13-1E4F-473D-9908-D9797EF98E34.jpeg

• Like Like x 6
  6. decepticon seeker

decepticon seeker Sixshot

I don’t think we should worry about him.It all depends on the director.Steven Spielberg didn’t make the movies better anyway.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde シン・ブリュンヒルド

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 4
  8. Haywired

Haywired Hakunamatatacon

Look at the bright side - when Paramount finally goes turtle upon losing even more money on continuously unsuccessful G.I.Joe movies?

... they won't be in position for making any more Transformer Movies.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Magnum Dongus

Magnum Dongus Wishing for a reboot

If they can still have characters like Zemo, Red Skull, Arnim Zola, etc. who are literal Nazis (and I mean LITERAL literal Nazis, not the “omg you’re literally a nazi”) then someone like CC should be allowed. If the most problematic thing about his hooded outfit is just the fact that it barely has any resemblance to a Klan hood, then it should be fine. I barely know anything about G.I. Joe and yet I’ve never thought Cobra Commander looks anything like a Klansman.

• Like Like x 5
  10. Shepard Prime

Shepard Prime 1st Cybertronian Spectre of the Galactic Council

He truly is. This scene is just fandom dunking on him and Lonzo plugging his ears to reality. Just needs to revert totally to a snake and go away. :D 

It's not even that. Ego and vanity is a helluva drug all on it's own.

• Like Like x 4
  11. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No, not really.

• Like Like x 5
  12. decepticon seeker

decepticon seeker Sixshot

Speak for yourself

• Like Like x 1
  13. TFXProtector

News Credits:
    I was.

• Like Like x 4
  14. BigRed

BigRed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The sooner you accept it'll probably be a bad movie, the faster you can save yourself from heartbreak.

• Like Like x 6
  15. TFXProtector

News Credits:
    Done and done.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde シン・ブリュンヒルド

News Credits:
    And hey, on the plus side it could turn out to be better than you expect if you keep your expectations at a reasonable level.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    Exactly.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Rodimal Rodimus

Rodimal Rodimus Agent of Unit:E

You could say "subverted expectations".

19. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Dukeup Nukhead

News Credits:
    At this point, Paramount going belly up would mean Bumblebee just delayed the inevitable as opposed to actually saving Paramount from the disaster that was TLK.

I do wonder if Disney could even get away with Red Skull as a villain these days. The first Captain America film legitimately has the guy being indirectly called worse than Hitler...BY OTHER NAZIS NO LESS.

Too late, given Bumblebee was actually a good film and all we wanted was more of that.

Instead, it strongly looks like the whole Mirage/Jazz shitshow was indeed the first of many potential red flags.

• Like Like x 2
  20. BigRed

BigRed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You might remember a while ago when you wondered if my mindset was too cynical, but this is precisely why I warned you to be careful with your constant swearing up and down that Hasbro now had gotten Paramount by it's balls and rebooted the franchise with a new direction and that Lorenzo was lying about the future of the franchise. When people like Brian Goldner say "a new storytelling universe'' it is never a serious creative comment, it is all marketing speak that not even themselves understand because they are literally not storytellers.

That is the problem with pretending that there is a singular enemy you can put on a target's bullseye as "the reason the movies FUCKING SUCK FUCK YOU MICHAEL BAY FUCK YOU LORENZO" or the people who kept going "I bet Capler is one of us cuz he posted the 80s movie theme on his instagram" or whatever. You give yourself false hope, which is a bad kind of hope. Everyone involved in the production of these films are as guilty of their bad portions as Bay and Lorenzo and whoever were. Steven Spielberg himself has been reported to have had some of the bad ideas that found themselves into the final product. The only reason the Bumblebee movie managed to be sane and grounded was because it was a low budget film that quite literally physically was not able to be a clusterfuck due to the smaller scope needed to fulfill it's production needs and because it had a competent director, but at wide, we had every reason to believe that when he was gone we would go back to bad business as usual, since everyone else from the "Usual Paramount Team" was involved in this.

Hasbro's higher control means nothing to the quality of storyline, look no further than the Kingdom Netflix show, the current IDW output and more to see that Hasbro's staff are excellent toymakers but far from good storytellers, them having control is only guarantee of things like Optimus having a new grill guard that will lead to a new toy or Bumblebee getting a cartoony off-road mode that also leads to new toys, and that is about it.