Lorenzo di Bonaventura on Quintessa's Origin

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Autobot Burnout, Jun 29, 2017.

1. coxy

coxy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's clear he really could care less. Take a name from the hasbro vault and put their spin on it. Give us the money.

What would I have done differently? Like the original story, The creators, i.e The Quintessons, once ruled Cybertron and created Transformers to do their bidding , Transformers rebelled and turned on them, they were driven away and have been resentful ever since. I would have made it the start of the movie, some back story you know?

No Quintessa lady or human form, just sinister creatures who use Optimus Prime in a plan to defeat the remaining Transformers on Earth and take the planet for themselves. A sort of, they took our home, time to give us a new one which is better than the crappy one we stay at in the meantime (Quintessa) and build an army using the far greater resources Earth possesses.

The other agenda would be to find the Matrix as Optimus doesn't have it, someone else does, use it for themselves in the belief they can use its power to defeat the threat of all worlds...Unicron.

I would of done a story like that or something similar.

• Like Like x 3
  2. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

Ignoring the Human part it implies that Quintessa was once organic. Which pretty much fits the ancient Transformers was made in the image of the Creators because the Cybertronians which existed before the Autobots.

Unless of course if the Autobots were made in the image of Humans.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    I always knew Burnout was right that TLK was gonna be shitty.

I just didn't know how shitty. I can't say I ever had high hopes, but man, if Lorenzo is going to say stuff like this, we are so fucked. :lol 

• Like Like x 4
  4. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Holy shit. I can't believe I am actually that guy who can go "I was there for all of this in 2006! Get ready for a history lesson kids!" I am not even thirty yet!

But yeah. A lot of this came out on the Don Murphy boards. He was one of the fan friendly production members (and the guy who also along with Tom DeSanto was is responsible for even convincing Paramount to do these movies). He constantly was in direct communication with TF fans, but this also put him at odds a lot with people because he had a really explosive personality.

Anyways, it was through that board and input from DM that a lot of Lorenzos antics came to light. Such as:

* Not even wanting Autobots to be in the movie.
    * Changing the base attack scene from a forest to the middle eastern desert. Also removing Soundwave and Ravage and replacing them with Incinerator (who would go on to be renamed Grimlock/Vortex/Blackout) and Scorponok (which totally pissed off Don Murphy, so Lorenzo got nick named Scorponok on the boards).
    * Replacing Soundwave (a humvee in this) with Barricade.
    * seeing a pattern yet? Because guess who Frenzy was at first.
    * The Autobots almost didn't have any personalities beyond the robotic because he felt that was dumb. And this is after the "didn't want them to speak" thing.
    * Wanted Megatron to be a cannibal who got power from eating sparks. (Shares this blame with Orci and Kurtzmann though).
    * Actively fought against Welker and Cullen to reprise their roles. Especially Cullen. He wanted Liam Neeson for the star power.
    * Once the movie came out and was a smash hit, he took credit for a lot of it.

There's more, but I can't remember all of it right now.

• Like Like x 8
  5. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    Wait, he's the one who came up with that?!

I own both the original DS Transformers games (Autobot and Decepticon) and in the latter, Megatron eats Jazz's spark after his boss battle, and then at the end he eats the spark of the player character citing repairing him as 'a waste of resources'.

Oh, and I'm pretty sure Prime still says in the original film that Megatron ate the spark of their father, anyway,

• Like Like x 3
  6. Livingdeaddan

Livingdeaddan DEFIANTLILHORDE

News Credits:
    The Don Murphy boards! What a blast from the past! I found this place through that site! :lol  and i found that place through bigbot.com! is that still even a thing?

• Like Like x 2
  7. Strawberrytop00

Strawberrytop00 Derpticon

ERMAHGERD! Lorenzo we get it humans are totally awesome and shit give it a rest. Whats next? "Optimus Prime! Your hero! Is a human in disguise!"

How the hell would this have been 'Transformers' with no Autobots? I'm sorry but as soon as he said that I would have kicked him to the curb and found someone else. It's like he hates Transformers, No Autobots, no speaking roles, all human lines, jeez. No wonder these films feel like they have no love for the robots...because they don't.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2017
    • Like Like x 6
  8. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

9. Livingdeaddan

News Credits:
    Beastwunner! It doesn't make sense but I love it! I'm a Beastwunner!

10. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 2
  11. bigfootRULES

bigfootRULES Well-Known Member

if that was the case i bet there going pull a Prometheus and say the Quintessons were a Humaniod race that also created the Human race.

12. Music

Music Primetimus Prime

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    See, this is another pointless side plot we don't need. It's a Transformers movie. Just let it be about Transformers.

• Like Like x 8
  13. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Even if he turned out right about TLK not being great at the end that still doesn't excuse the many times he acted like a complete angry lunatic about it. If you're trying to convince people of what you're saying is true being a ticked off blind hater about it isn't going to make people listen to you. As someone who in the past took defending TFP too far I've learned that the hard way.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Sparky Prime

Sparky Prime Well-Known Member

The TFwiki says it was in the Autobot version of the DS game.

15. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    Actually he said it in the Autobot DS game. But yeah it must've been cut midway into production since it showed up in the DS games and I think maybe a novel or something. They don't make it explicit that he's eating the sparks, but if you squint enough the animation certainly could pass for ripping out the Sparks and quickly gobbling them.

I dunno, I thought it was pretty grisly and not the worst idea they came up with during development of the film.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Livingdeaddan

News Credits:
    It's something i could imagine some insane con doing, but not Megatron. He's supposed to be the proud leader of a superior race, he's maniacal in his beliefs and methods, but he's not supposed to be a cackling evil vampire space ghoul. Although I do love his cackle!

• Like Like x 2
  17. 96megatron

96megatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Would holding a half eaten spark and then tossing it away qualify Megatron as looking like an a**hole?

18. Livingdeaddan

News Credits:
    I witnessed no lunacy. Only educated estimation. Cutting off reasoned argument with angry calls of "hater hater alligator" was the only lunacy! ;) 

19. Livingdeaddan

News Credits:
    Megatron is an asshole in many ways! :lol 

I don't know though, did that happen?

20. APB

APB Well-Known Member

I thought Kruger was ******ed, but this guy takes it onto another level. He really is ******ed making these statments?

You all can believe what you want, but until this guy is gone from TF franchise the movies will continue to su*k no matter what director they hire.