Lorenzo di Bonaventura on Quintessa's Origin

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Autobot Burnout, Jun 29, 2017.

1. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Lean Mean Angry Machine

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 5
  2. BarricadeLives

BarricadeLives i'm you! i'm your shadow!

cool find & not to sound like a total knob, i kinda figured that was the case years ago as others have im sure.

i like it

'reality' is kind of like a dream of sorts...do any of us truly remember being born? do you remember when you 'enter' a dream? or do you kinda just remember being there? history is full of tall tales & exaggerations, who knows where we truly come from..certainly plausible for quintessa to transcend life as we know it & 'transform' into a transformer & vice-versa?

Last edited: Jun 30, 2017
  3. Music

Music Primetimus Prime

News Credits:
    YouTube (Old):
    Did he just imply humans have existed for 6 billion years in this universe?

• Like Like x 12
  4. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Honestly there's nothing about what he said about Quintessa that talks about breaking continuity because if you read carefully he puts a lot of "ifs" in there as in that theory may not be true or if it is it may not be fully true. The knights say that she's the great deceiver for a reason so for all we know she was never human to begin with and that she's good at taking other forms.

I've also heard of his BW comment which sadly that the current toy design Warden seems to think the same way. All the same I doubt we'd have to worry about not seeing beast formers given that we have the Dinobots and Dragonstorm around.

5. Autobot Burnout

News Credits:
    Go watch the South Park episode 'The Tale of Scrotie McBoogerballs'.

Or look up the reasoning for why Bioshock Infinite goes into infinite parallel universe quantum theory at the end.

Because I really think you're looking FAR too much into the films being intelligently made.

Yep. Oh, and
    Quintessa was also originally human Who became a robot. And is now human.

Except
    He's saying Quintessa was originally human, and made the transformers 6 billion years ago. Before turning into a robot. And long before humans even existed.

You can't shove "ifs" in there just because at face value it doesn't make sense. This is as close to word of God in terms of official film chonology, straight from Lorenzo himself, and the fact it doesn't make a lick of sense is the problem! The man doesn't even understand his own creative chronology!

Except he explicitly said he can't grasp the idea of robots turning into animals.

Remind me what the dinobots do exactly in AoE and much less so in TF5?

Last edited: Jun 30, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Music

Music Primetimus Prime

News Credits:
    YouTube (Old):
    No matter how much they try, they would never make sense out of that. I hope it was just him babbling along for publicity's sake and not a concept they're going forward with.

• Like Like x 6
  7. GuardianPrime19

GuardianPrime19 Prime

News Credits:
    See I think you're taking his comment the wrong way. I think he means fleshy animals like the Characters in BW did. The Dinobots aren't like that, they look like robotic dinosaurs unlike the BW characters that looked like real animals.

I personally don't like how the BW characters look and prefer the look of the Dinobots

8. Autobot Burnout

News Credits:
    Lorenzo is insane and has no appreciation for logic in the Transformers universe. He's just throwing names and concepts in a blender and expecting it to work.

Humans are animals, right?

Gee, remind me what Alice did back in ROTF.

• Like Like x 7
  9. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    You seem to be missing the part where he said it's a mythology as in something that's related to something long ago that could either be true or not be true. So if anything he could be referring to an inverse mythos/theory that could explain Quintessa's origin or one of her many different origin stories. Sort of like how real life mythology have different takes and ideas of certain mythical figures. You seem to be taking this as official confirmation when it may not be true and it could be one of Quintessa's lies.

That doesn't make sense considering that we've had Pretenders in G1 that were pretty much organic so what's his thoughts on that?

Not to mention that there was a reason why the BW characters took on organic forms.

10. Autobot Burnout

News Credits:
    What? Why the hell would Lorenzo straight up lie about anything? It really doesn't look good for the franchise (especially since we're one week into TF5 having launched and it's only at a recorded domestic of $82 million, whereas AoE made a domestic $100 million opening weekend).

I mean for fucks sake simply by suggesting that there are multiple possible origins for Quintessa without a shred of proof to suggest that, it throws out the previously stated concept that Quintessa is also a Prime. If you question every goddamn thing thus far anyway, then what the hell is set in stone about the character? If you can't hold content creators to their word, then what good is their word in the first place?

• Like Like x 5
  11. Starscream Gaga

Starscream Gaga Protoformed This Way

News Credits:
    Technically speaking, unless this ridiculous origin story shows up in an actual movie or other canon material, the writer's words are worthless in the grandscheme of things. Death of the Author and all that.

• Like Like x 5
  12. Ryan101

Ryan101 That Dude

News Credits:
    Lorenzo makes me cringe. His comments always sound like he's making things up as he talks and never make much sense.

• Like Like x 10
  13. electronic456

electronic456 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Who knows if that stuff makes it.... I mean weren't we promised the story of Megatron and Optimus in the past and how they became enemies? And where were the Quintessons?

• Like Like x 4
  14. Starscream Gaga

Starscream Gaga Protoformed This Way

News Credits:
    No, weren't. People misintepreted an interview where he was talking about the pre-established origins of Optimus and Megatron.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Livingdeaddan

Livingdeaddan DEFIANTLILHORDE

News Credits:
    It's sounds like he was in the writers room, but didn't really pay attention (probably trying to project profits in his head) and now in this interview he's on the spot struggling to remember what they were talking about, and is just getting things wrong. He's probably never seen BWs, he just remembers someone saying "Y'know, I don't think BWs would work as a movie..."

This guy is definitely starting to look like a bigger problem than Bay with regards to respect for the TF property.

• Like Like x 6
  16. FirestormBlizzard

FirestormBlizzard No. 1 Jazz Fan

If she really is
    A Human who made the transformers
    I actually saw this coming lol.

Time travel and Paradoxes Bruh.

• Like Like x 4
  17. GirlBot

GirlBot Mini-Cassette

News Credits:
    Perhaps she's from the future and time-traveled to the past... Or she may simply be an ancient shape-shifting being. Who knows. While the effort to develop her backstory is noteworthy, I'd rather they focused on developing Optimus/Megatron backstories we were promised!

And seriously, Maximals are just smaller Tranaformers it would be easy to put them in a movie, even using motionapture like they did in TMNT. Come to think of that a BW movie could look a lot like that, but with laser guns :p 

Also, I don't know if it's the same interview I brought up a while ago, but the journalist did point out that Dinobots were in the movies after Bonaventura's comment on BW :lol 

And then they have to put them in the movies to save his face :p  He always tries so hard to sound as he knows what he's talking about. It may work for the general audience, but he can't fool us ;) 

18. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    I don't care much for this man anymore. If I remember correctly he said in an interview (or was it Bay?) the Dinobots would have a larger role in TF5, and the creators would be further explored.
    Despite the lack of any originality as this franchise continues to produce more movies, they do try to bring fan favorites. In some shape or form. Lol
    They said before no Dinobots, and we got Dinobots. Beast Wars will definitely be the next big thing for them to work on.
    It's not my favorite story, but the movies have always surprised me with their unique designs.
    I was never a fan of King Kong until Peter Jackson directed, so who knows.
    Talented @DarwinStuff designed Optimus Primal more or less the way I would imagine it in the movies.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
  19. Egg Shen

Egg Shen New Member

More trash from Lorenzo, dont forget this is the guy who didnt even want the robots to speak back when movie 1 was being made.

• Like Like x 5
  20. unicronic

unicronic Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    If you don't have continuity you can't destroy it
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 1, 2017
    • Like Like x 17