Lorenzo Di Bonaventura Highlights The Future Direction Of The Transformers Movie Series

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SilverOptimus, Mar 24, 2019.

1. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    A simple linear set of films is what Transformers should have been from the start. However, because of the MCU, Paramount decided to hedge their bets and use Transformers as a launching point...except the problem there was the first film wasn't intended to lead into a dedicated sequel. And every single film following has had problems with production that somehow stem from the script in one way or another.

They should have rebooted when they decided to do a TFCU because the foundation was not stable. AoE was a false positive if you looked at the numbers, meaning TLK was a completely avoidable disaster (specifically the 'avoid' part because it shouldn't have happened period). Now they're still paying the price.

• Like Like x 3
  2. BoneheadsOfVoodooIsland

BoneheadsOfVoodooIsland Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What the FUCK is a Transformer? - Lorenzo Di Bonaventura

• Like Like x 10
  3. Hadlen_Weltall

Hadlen_Weltall The original Mad Genius Gunpla and Cow Master

News Credits:
    "They're like those Adventure Force toys at Walmart, right?"

• Like Like x 1
  4. st.ranger

st.ranger Emperor of Destruction

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I did not like Bay and anything what he said, but this Moronzo is prepare to get punch for every answer.

Screw Bayformers, Bumblebee is reboot, previously planned to be sequel. It is really hard to say that?

I always remember when Kevin Smith talked about Jon Peters and how he read script for new Superman movie to him. \"Who the fuck is Kal-El?\"

5. marvel b

marvel b Bearer of the Matrix of Smash

News Credits:
    Well, I just woke up from a nap and can't tell if you're joking or serious...Assuming serious without blue text. Doesn't matter either way. I'm out, peace!
    i'm out.gif

• Like Like x 4
  6. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    Yoyo. Peace out homeboy

• Like Like x 1
  7. Rated X

Rated X Banned

Last week it was a reboot. Now its neither a reboot or a prequel, its a spin off lol. I think ill just wait for the next movie and make my own judgement like everyone else does. 

• Like Like x 3
  8. GoldDeadEnd

GoldDeadEnd Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's almost funny at this point.

• Like Like x 2
  9. cutestprincess

cutestprincess Well-Known Member

Considering this was an interview with a japanese magazine (which means the actual interview probably happened before his gamespot statement) and also the apparently unreliability of translations of his interviews based on the previous one, im gonna trust his statement from a week ago that was actually In English. He probably gave this one before he was informed that Yes, We're Going Full Reboot Lorenzo.

• Like Like x 4
  10. Prime Wylde

Prime Wylde Candy Coated

News Credits:
    He honestly doesn't know anymore does he? poor Lorenzo...

11. BubbleMax

BubbleMax Well-Known Member

Why dont they just concentrate on creating a Transformers Cinematic Universe. Transformers holds enough characters to justify their own massive storyline. Instead of movies that focus on title characters as Marvel does each movie line should focus on a planet. Continue with Bumblebee and the Transformers story on Earth. Make a movie about a squad of Autobots and their fight on Nebulos. On a jungle planet have a battle involving Autobots and Decepticons who have both distanced themselves from the greater war and now refer to each other as Maximals and Predacons. How about a movie where Megatron is the guy we root for as he takes on a Decepticon like Bludgeon in a violent struggle for leadership. And in each movie be sure to include dark secrets that all lead up to unlocking the mysteries of Cybertron. 

They cant keep doing the same thing. There has to be variation between the movies. Transformers storylines are abundant. The audience should be the only concern. But the audience does get sick of the same thing over and over.

12. MrJoshimusPrime

MrJoshimusPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Lorenzo is making the Transformers franchise more of a complete joke than it already is, Hasbro really needs to shut him up. He says one thing one minute and then he says something completley different the next. 
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  13. Vector Oracle

Vector Oracle Heroic Captain of Cowabunga

News Credits:
    Lorenzo:*gets to the final boss battle of Street Fighter 2010 and gasps* "So people don't turn into jelly when they die? No! This video game lied to me! I never saw that plot twist coming! CURSE YOU,CAPCOOOM!" *shakes fist at the sky angrily*

Last edited: Mar 24, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Nemisispath

Nemisispath Needs a new username

Does he have dementia or something?  He\'s makes less sense with every interview.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    Is this just the age of gaslighting? I watched Bumblebee. It is a reboot.
    That's it.

It's binary -it's either a reboot or it's not.
    And it is.
    It doesn't matter how you feel about it, or if you want it to be a reboot or not.

How does this make sense?
    There has never been a Transformers 'Cinematic Universe'.
    How can they shift focus from something they never had in focus?

Do you realize that you just said you understand how it's not a reboot, and then describe exactly how it is a reboot?
    That literally means that it is a reboot.

Maybe for the same reason that every Transformers movie ends with Optimus sending a message into space for any Transformers looking for a home and then the next movie focuses on another section of Transformers that's already been on Earth -perhaps for centuries or even millennia.

Everyone is already here but the main characters are always surprised about it.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Cyborgraptor

Cyborgraptor Well-Known Member

How many times am I going to see this guy\'s face on this website? How sad is it, that everytime I read what he\'s saying, ita the opposite to what he said last time...

• Like Like x 3
  17. ToaDraco

ToaDraco Lightning Strike Coalition Force

Ebay:
    So a couple thoughts, 1 why the hell do people keep giving this guy a forum for spreading his nonsense. 2 he is so inconsistent and clearly has no idea what he\'s doing or what he\'s talking about and 3 he sure says \"I\" a lot as if he was the end-all be-all of the Transformers movies and everything is his idea. Ffs, muzzle this moron before he makes things worse. Hasbro has more control now so he can say whatever he wants, doesn\'t mean it\'s going to happen. Until Hasbro makes announcements, as far as I\'m concerned this is just him wishlisting and spitballing.

• Like Like x 2
  18. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave Bounty Hunter

News Credits:
    I can't wait for tomorrow, when Lorenzo confirms that it's a reboot. Then on Tuesday, maybe he can confirm that it's a prequel.

• Like Like x 4
  19. octobotimus

octobotimus Bad company ruins good morals

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    This interview was most likely done before they confirmed to him that its a reboot.... evident by where it took place vs the other one. so yes, still a reboot. This was before Hasbro kicked him the rear end and said "Its a reboot you idiot!"

• Like Like x 3
  20. samisham

samisham Well-Known Member

Does he have a life beyond these movies? What does he do on his days off, why does he keep making these interviews? Lorenzo mate, you've got more money than anyone here ever will, get a hobby.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2019
    • Like Like x 6