Looking to find players online! Don't have anyone local to play with? I would love to play more!

Discussion in 'Transformers Trading Card Game (TCG) Discussion' started by That Guy, Jan 19, 2019.

1. CybertronianFan

CybertronianFan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That link is in this sub-forums for a while now. But thank you for re-posting it.

Concerning mixing autobots and decepticons. Many decks synergize well within the same faction, but many other decks work just as well mixing both. Dual Primes is a perfect example. So is Cosmos/Nemesis. Take no offence to what I am about to say for I truly do not mean to be offensive - I suggest getting used to abandoning the antiquated concept of only one faction sided. You lose out on potentially powerful and/or fun filled decks. Though this is a transformers game, it is by first most a Trading Card Game.

• Like Like x 1
  2. That Guy

That Guy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think with how much lore there is in Transformers already. I'm very comfortable focusing just on the game aspect. It seems like there isn't going to be a TCG universe with a separate story for me to care about, so in my head there is some eternal conflixt between Primus and Unicron and they are summoning different versions of characters from across the multiverse to fight each other. In that vein I don't care about sticking to factions, I have a lot more fun in trying to solve the "puzzle" of the game and find interesting interactions. Like Cosmos and Nemesis hanging out together, or Flamewar supplementing cars and stuff. There's so much to try and put together and figure out, I don't want to artificially limit myself as I'm learning.

In Wave 2 there are some more faction specific battle cards, that will encourage the decision making to trade off sticking with a faction vs playing the best tribal/interaction you got. But what makes the game fun is making that decision, I'm glad the game designers didn't make it for us.

3. That Guy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm still playing and posting games, add me on discord cehteshami#5069! I'm done piloting tanks for now though, I got some new deck ideas to try if anyone else is down!

4. That Guy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I decided not to post my 3rd tanks game, I just don't think there was anything to learn from it (I lost, but similar to my previous 2 losses). I decided to share Dinobots last night instead!

5. That Guy

News Credits:
    Ebay:

6. ALPHAMAGNUS

ALPHAMAGNUS I identify as an amalgamated Firetruck/Semi Veteran

News Credits:
    I tried to play with a Random dude.i don't get how this works. Need a tutorial

7. That Guy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If you have voice chat I can walk you through a game. Just PM me on discord.

8. Mega scream

Mega scream Fguyretftgu7

hi i tried downloading the image pack but it said there is an error for some reason
    help?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Nvm fixed the problem:) 

Last edited: Apr 30, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Mega scream

Mega scream Fguyretftgu7

Hi i got another problem(sry!).
    Why do the cards look like that? Octgn  version _ 3.3.132.0 _ Transformers 02-May-19 6_52_37 PM.png Pls help. I created my deck randomly to try but i can't figure out how to playT_T.

10. That Guy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  11. CosmicHunter

CosmicHunter Member

I wouldn't mind actually getting a chance to play! I'm still pretty new to both Octgn and the TCG (though I think I have a firm grasp of the rules!)

My name is robert.newman12 on discord, and I'm Cosmic Hunter on Octgn as well.

I'm honestly not always around, but usually I'm home by 6:00 pm EST U.S Time.

• Like Like x 1
  12. quiktake

quiktake Well-Known Member

Is there a way to play against the computer solo? It seems like these all require two players.

13. That Guy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No it's just a simulator, there's not computer AI.

14. Deepsea

Deepsea Well-Known Member

Hey so how do I find players on this? Do we have an unlisted server room or something?

15. That Guy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I use the transformers tcg discord server to schedule games.