Looking to buy Alternators Swerve

Discussion in 'Items For Sale or Trade' started by MasterOfPuppets, Jun 25, 2005.

1. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Banned

If anyone sees a Swerve and already has one or doesn't want one, could you please buy it for me and I will pay you through Paypal for cost of item plus shipping (that is if you don't mind shipping to Canada). Loose with box and inserts is fine. Thanks in advance.

2. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Banned

Bump.

3. Sludge

Sludge Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm looking for him too. I'll keep an eye out for an extra one.

4. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Banned

Thanks man, still looking if anyone else wants to help.

5. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Banned

Bump.

6. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Banned

[​IMG]

7. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Banned

[​IMG]

8. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Banned

[​IMG]

9. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Banned

Bump.

If anyone is looking for any Alts in particular let me know as I MIGHT be able to get them.

10. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Banned

Bump. I'm not expecting to be paying retail+tax prices here BTW.

11. Sonscreen

Sonscreen Casual TF collector<br><b><font color=#FF0000>aksm TFW2005 Supporter

This needs to be clarified. Are you saying that you're not going to reimburse a fellow poster for the tax they paid or do you mean that you expect to pay more than retail + tax? :peoples: 

12. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Banned

Ah dummy me. :stick: 

I meant if someone wishes to charge a bit more than retial+tax then I will pay that much. Like if someone wants to charge $25 plus shipping for it I wouldn't mind paying that but not as outrageous as the prices on Ebay I'm hoping.

13. Thundercracker

Thundercracker Contemptuous

It's a scalpers market right now with Swerve just now being released and due to the fact that he's short packed. Throw in the fact that new Alts are always in high demand, it's gonna be tough to find one under 30 bucks right now. None the less, I wish you good luck and I'm bumping this up to the top for you.

14. Sonscreen

Sonscreen Casual TF collector<br><b><font color=#FF0000>aksm TFW2005 Supporter

:D  Aah, I'm glad that got clarified. Like Thundercracker said, Swerve will be tough to get for a while. Give it a bit more time, it looks like the Ebay prices have started to dip a bit (or at least no one is paying $75 for him anymore).

15. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Banned

Actually I just check Ebay and the prices seem for ridiculous than before. :banghead: 

I'm just hoping that out of the goodness of peoples hearts that someone will sell me one here without scalping like crazy. :D 

16. Smackrazor

Smackrazor Member

People who scalp are lower than rotten snake shit as far as I'm concerned...It's not only outrageous, but it's insulting to people who actually care about the toys and want to complete their collection for the joy of having the figure, not to resell for profit later on down the line.

I don't mind someone making a profit for hard work or talent, but picking up a figure for $19.99 and then listing it for $85 is not a profit...it's unethical.

The people who fall all over themselves to buy the goods listed by scalpers should be ashamed of themselves as well. Hey, I know how it is to be obsessed and to want a particular item to add another bit of completion to a collection, but crikies folks....$85?

I'd rather wait and pick one up much cheaper further down the line...or at the very least spend that extra money youd otherwise give a scalper and take a nice drive with friends or family to various stores...that's how I found Wheeljack and Grimlock...and as I mentioned in another thread, I came accross 2 Wheeljacks at a Manchester, NH Toys R Us, and I was gonna buy them, even though I already had mine, I was gonna scalp em on Ebay...and then I remembered how awesome I felt when I turned the corner, saw the Alternators display and found both Shockblast and Wheeljack the first time....I remembered that feeling, and realized I'd feel like crap for potentially robbing someone else of the same feeling. So I passed them by.

Whenever I ask folks to look for me, I always offer a modest finders fee...to cover the cost of their gas and hassle for making a special trip. $10-20 depending on the person. Plus cost and postage.

Why this hobby has to be so crazy as far as prices and availabilty is beyond me....it's a shame...a lot of the fans who truly cherish these and other figures will never be able to acquire one because of the exhorbitant prices and hoarding that goes on.

Sorry....I'll switch off rant mode now.

17. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Banned

Bump.

18. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    If i see one this century, i'll pick it up for you.

19. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Banned

The mighty combiner Bumpicus strikes this thread!

20. GavynN.X.

GavynN.X. I want AM thundercracker

News Credits:
    Will Swerve be released in Japan or was it a one-time Alternators shipment only?