Looking to authenticate posible pre-production sample

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Soundwave1226, Jul 19, 2014.

1. Soundwave1226

Soundwave1226 Banned

Admins: If this post is in the wrong place, please move.

I currently have what I believe to be a pre-production sample or possible the demo piece from the 1988 Tokyo Toy Fair of G1 Deszaras (Deathsaurus). I bought this from a very reputable collector/dealer who got this particular piece from a substantial lot of rare Japanese G1 pieces. The toy itself has been authenticated as a real piece, not a KO. I have looked at every recorded KO of the figure, and I cannot find anything that would lead me to think it is one in any way. First off, the fun is the same shade of blue as the legs and dragon arms. All KOs were of various colors, never blue however. More importantly, as you can see in the pictures, the dragon feet and calves are NOT plated in gold chrome. They are just blue plastic. This is not a case of chrome wear, or pieces being replaced. I have spoken with numerous high end dealers and collectors, and none can authenticate it as a sample, but cannot find a reason why it wouldn't have some significance. I am hopping someone on this board can assist me with authenticating it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Death333

Death333 aliases: Dx3, Dr. Whiffington, Hellscr333m

News Credits:
    Maz! Where you at?

This'll be right up his alley

3. Soundwave1226

Soundwave1226 Banned

Whomever you can find, I appreciate it!

4. flatline72

flatline72 Banned

News Credits:
    looks awesome!

5. Soundwave1226

Soundwave1226 Banned

Thank you, I hope it checks out to be the sampleā€¦. we'll see.