Looking for fans who are musicians/in a band for non-profit tribute song

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Nevermore, Nov 9, 2012.

1. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Hi folks,

I hope this is the right forum, because I've never tried this on here before (I think).

For many years, I've had this idea of an "ultimate" version of the Transformers theme that incorporates elements from all the different versions (G1 season 1, G1 season 2, G1 seasons 1/2 end theme, G1 season 3, TF:TM Lion version, TF:TM Vince DiCola/Stan Bush version, Armada version, Energon version, Cybertron version, Animated version) as well as the G1 commercials and other themes (RID, Beast Wars, Beast Machines, the live action movies, Prime) into one streamlined super-song.

If anyone here is in a band (or if there's a full band comprised of Transformers fans) interested in doing this, please let me know.

Here's a few things you have to know first, though:

1) This whole thing would be a strictly non-profit just-for-fun piece. Anything that involves a commercial release would probably require licenses, and considering the plethora of sources I would like to plunder, that would be one gigantic nightmare. Plus, I don't have the funds. ;) 
    So if you're Transformers fans and want to do something for fun to share it with other fans, feel free to contact me. If you're a professional band looking to do this is your next commercially released single: Sorry, no.

2) I'm not a musical expert. On the one hand, I have some clear ideas of what I want the song to sound like and what elements I want to use where. On the other hand, I might not be able to phrase my ideas in terms you're immediately familiar with, so it might take a little longer to figure this out. One thing's for sure, though - I don't just want the umphtiest rehash of Lion's TF:TM theme. So anyone willing to collaborate with a musically illiterate noob with a vision, this is your chance.

3) For the overall musical style, I want something rock-metal-esque. A little bit of retro 1980s hair metal maybe, or modern Euro-style Power Metal (think Powerglove or Dragonland's cover of "Neverending Story"). NO Linkin Park-style "Nu Metal", Death Metal, Grindcore or the likes. I want this to be an upbeat tune with a slight hard edge to it, no depressive emo track or abrasive "parody". High-pitched vocals would be okay near the end (think N.R.G.'s "Instruments of Destruction"), but please no death growls.

If a complete band is willing to do this, fine. A collaboration such as this would also be welcome. Also, if there is a producer out there who would like to take over the coordination, composition and arrangement based on my ideas, I'd also be more then welcome to do this together, since as I said, I'm a musical noob. ;)  Just remember, this would be merely for fun/bragging rights.