Looking for assistance with Botcon Stepper

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by RavX, Jul 17, 2015.

1. RavX

RavX Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Hi there,

Does anyone have experience with the RTS Jazz mold? I recently bought a Botcon Stepper and his hood will not transform down all the way into place. At first I thought it had something to do with the auto-head reveal gimmick but there is no way to get the headpiece any further back that I can see on the "gears" prior to pulling the hood down.

I took the head off the ball joint but its not a clearance issue there. Does anyone have any insight into what could be holding it up from dropping all the way into place, or any ideas on how to fix it? Since I bought it 3rd party I have no hope of exchanging it so would like to find a way to fix it. I dont have the issue on any of my other figs that use this mold.

Any insight of help is MUCH appreciated. Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. bumblebeej8

bumblebeej8 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have the mold, not the problem. I wish I could help. Though try placing the head in a different position when folding it down.

3. Warper of Sky

Warper of Sky Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The "gears" on the neck are just misaligned so you may need to gently but forcefully make it skip a notch to bring them back into alignment. There is really no other way to fix it other than forcing it into place. Good luck.

4. RavX

RavX Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Thanks guys - I've tried to "skip" a gear, however when the head is folded all the way down (as in car mode) the plate that comes out from under his chin is resting against the dashboard of the car. There does not seem to be any room to force the hood to hook into an "earlier" gear since there is no room to push the head any further past the dashboard to get it to hook earlier in the gears. Do you know of any other way to move that headpiece a little further to get to a earlier gear?

5. POSSESSED_DIGIT

POSSESSED_DIGIT WE ARE NUBBY THUMB!!

News Credits:
    Try taking the head off and see what happens. If the problem is there without the head in the way, then there's a different problem...

6. RavX

RavX Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Thanks Possessed - I did try to take the head off - didn't seem to matter. :( 

7. POSSESSED_DIGIT

News Credits:
    If you can, snap some more pix of it in car mode.

I know I had issues with jazz, and the auto morph head gear thing too.

8. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    pretty sure it's the auto morph gimmick. I had a G2 Jazz that was doing the same thing....I think I just forced it to go where it was supposed to go and that took care of it.

I'll see if I still have one and double check to see if that'll fix it.

9. scrapmetaru

scrapmetaru Well-Known Member

I don't own a Jazz or know where the weapon storage is, but did you pull the gun out?

10. RavX

RavX Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I added a few more picts - The neck plate that I have circled is what I was talking about that hits the dashboard so I can't rotate it any further to get it to "catch" on an earlier gear. I've applied a decent amount of force to try to get it to slip one gear but it hasn't pushed past the first one and I am afraid of breaking it with any more.

Yep weapon is out!

Attached Files:

11. POSSESSED_DIGIT

News Credits:
    I could be wrong but I'm guessing the gear is out of sync. It may just be 1 click too far. That's why the neck is pushing into the dash and the hood is so far back. Try realigning the gear mechanism 1 notch and see if that changes anything

12. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    the fender sections that fold in when you tf the arms out....did you make sure that those are clearing the sides and allowing the hood/chest to come all the way down?

13. seali_me

seali_me RIP January 2018

Bingo

Attached Files:

14. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel > Cat Flu

News Credits:
    Is it common that one are is incredibly loose at the shoulder/fender pin?

15. RavX

RavX Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Pulling the head from where it sits in car mode one notch closer towards the hood make the head sit lower when the hood it pulled down. It would have push in towards the direction of the stomach to get it to sit higher but the chin plate resting on the dash prevents it from doing that. Is there anything that would be safe to put on the plastic to try and get the gear on the hood to "slip" past the first notch easier/safer? I'm afraid to put any more force on it. I basically need to hold the headpiece in place (as it sits folded up in car mode) and click the hood gear once click to get it to sit right I think but it won't push past that first gear.

Yeah that was one of the first things I checked to make sure there wasn't something there preventing the chest from sitting all the way down.