Looking for 3rd Party MP Advice

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Zappit, Sep 26, 2017.

1. Jdk504

Jdk504 @REDWOLF130

One of my faves. Can't go wrong with this guy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. dmarsee

dmarsee Minibot Action

One thing I've learned about myself is that the 1984-85 toys influenced me much more than the cartoon did. So, all other things being equal, I've picked the figures that evoke the Diaclone-ish, metal, heavy, chromed G1 toys with little molded details (greebles), over the more streamlined style of the cartoons.
    If that is what you're looking for, you might enjoy my picks, too.

Jazz:
    I picked ToyWorld's Coolsville. More toy-ish in his aesthetic, heavier, and I like the lack of fake car-parts near his feet.

Springer: No opinion yet. Season 3 is a long ways off in my collecting.

Sunstreaker: I just ordered BadCube's Sunsurge. Again for the greeble-y and chromed toy aesthetic.

Hound: I got MakeToys GunDog. I love the big chunky boots and the toy aesthetic (I'm starting to sound like a broken record).

Inferno: I picked MMC Ocular Max Backdraft. MakeToys' version has a lot of chrome and greebles, too, so I picked the taller bot who appears to have better articulation.

Mirage: I picked MMC Ocular Max Sphinx. He's just dramatically better than Invisible in looks, articulation, and everything else. Not close, in my eyes.

3. JoeHavok

JoeHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My Best advice is be Very careful with the KO's. Some are comparable in quality to the officials, but some are WAY worse. Do your homework. If money isn't a concern, just buy official. Why support the thieving KO companies?.

• Like Like x 1
  4. deaculpa

deaculpa Seven Star Fist

News Credits:
    maybe wait for the KO sunstreaker. I notice that the MP carbots tend to get upgrades like rubber tires when KO'd, and theyre significantly cheaper.
    I wouldn't worry about the moral implications of KOs, I doubt your god will burn you in a fiery hell for it.

MT jazz is amazing.