Looking back at the Bayverse

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Jalen Frisby, Apr 12, 2019.

1. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I've given MULTIPLE written arguments, in this thread, no less. I'm tired and pics can do the exact same thing at this point. Words are just letters on a screen and sometimes pictures work best. If you want to know what I think, read my previous posts. If you don't, too bad. I owe you nothing when it's all readily available. (Not trying to be overly curt but I'm fed up, and this is a ridiculous response to my post and absolutely proves you've not actually read much of this thread, to begin with.)

Chances are you have me blocked, so you'll probably not see this, but he was talking about me. Not you.

No, you weren't talking about him, your post was directed at me. Don't further confuse the situation by dragging people into our back and forth.

Anyway, the Bayverse sucks, Bumblebee isn't perfect and the whole thing needs to take a rest, if not die permanently. They were mishandled from the beginning and they blew it.

• Like Like x 4
  2. justframbo

justframbo Well-Known Member

Oh dear, I made a bit of a situation here...
    yes - my response was meant to you, for some reason I didn't realise that KingMegatron632 (sorry...) was my recipient.
    Didn't mean to confuse anything, and now I have noticed your previous message.
    forget I said anything - I think I'm digging a hole. No hard feelings..?

3. TFXProtector

News Credits:
    No hard feelings. Happens to the best of us. I apologize for the harshness of my response. This thread (and any like it) tend to bring out the worst in people. I really do kind of wish the movies had never been made. So divisive and has split the fandom into sides. Unlike ever before.

• Like Like x 3
  4. justframbo

justframbo Well-Known Member

I agree on your statement of abandoning the thing entirely. I wouldn't be so distasteful to the style change if maybe a gap of a year or two was given to help separate both continuities. I don't appreciate how they're trying to mix very clashed aesthetics, which don't work together.
    I for one like the bay films - but do (ikr?) understand why they are so hated.

• Like Like x 2
  5. WarLordFoxxy

WarLordFoxxy Banned

"omg attractive women!" lmfao :lol :lol 

• Like Like x 6
  6. TFXProtector

News Credits:
    That genuinely made me laugh. You got a like for that.

• Like Like x 3
  7. hthrun

hthrun Show accuracy's overrated

Ebay:
    When have they expressed they hated Transformers? I'm not saying they never did, I just haven't heard that before...
    I don't personally remember any of the arguments that you've made before so this doesn't help me. I'm not going to go searching through all your other posts. Is there anything different than the posts I quoted here? Usually when someone resorts to pics it tells me they don't actually have a valid response.
    Nobody is forcing you to reply at all. If it bothers you so much that all you can do is post memes that mock and don't make an argument and it brings out the worst in you, just don't do it.

Yep, and they can't just say I liked this part and I disliked that. They get into a blind rage and have to try to make up other stuff to try to convince others to agree with them.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Prime time 101

Prime time 101 Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Yeah it gets pretty toxic and quite pathetic

• Like Like x 4
  9. ObakaChanTachi

ObakaChanTachi woke among sussy soyjak

News Credits:
    Hate might be a word too strong on my part, but the point is they didn’t like this franchise at all.

Michael Bay:
    Source:
    Transformers (film) - Wikipedia

Shia LaBeouf:
    Source:
    1. Why Shia LaBeouf Dislikes The Transformers Movies
    2. Why Shia LaBeouf Hates Transformers So Much

• Like Like x 6
  10. hthrun

hthrun Show accuracy's overrated

Ebay:
    Yeah, people get so defensive for their side of the argument they start projecting their own mentality on others. That's why I try to keep my replies specific and not use things like memes when i disagree.

Thanks! "Hate" seems appropriate for Shia based on that quote...

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
  11. WarLordFoxxy

WarLordFoxxy Banned

Exactly! They just have to be objectively right on everything, they can't accept that others disagree with them.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Prime time 101

Prime time 101 Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    You see how they wayyyyy overreacted with tlk lol it was insane

• Like Like x 2
  13. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    Dude, people who absolutely loved the first four films have come on here saying the fifth was an absolutely terrible film.

• Like Like x 6
  14. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

The first movie came out at a time when a movie like that could work. It fit the Hollywood mold at the time, so while it was far from a perfect film it fit with what the average ticket buyer was expecting out of a movie.

But the problem is that the movie business is never static. Things changed at the other studios, domestic tastes changed, but Transformers remained firmly cemented into a style of film that refused to change. The stuff that could be glossed over in the first film as well that's just how Hollywood is doing things became glaring problems. A cool looking effects scene just wasn't enough to put domestic butts into the theater seats when the other studios were going hey we have other reasons to see our film.

While every film has it's die hard fans Transformers just doesn't stand up as some sort of timeless classic.

• Like Like x 7
  15. WarLordFoxxy

WarLordFoxxy Banned

Ikr smh

• Like Like x 2
  16. TFXProtector

News Credits:
    I edited your post in this quote so I could directly address your comments, plus the other parts of your post have been addressed by others and not my place, so with that in mind...

First off, I responded to others with meme pics, not just you. Stop thinking you're special. That said, my meme pics aimed at you actually fit how I (and I assume, to some extent, others as well) was feeling at the time I was reading your posts. You're like talking to a brick wall at times and down below in your next quote you mention people getting defensive for their side of the argument... I sure hope you include yourself in that. The tone of the post I quoted above sure is antagonistic.

You say no one's forcing me to reply, well no one's forcing you to, either. Guess what? This is a discussion forum. If you can post and respond here, so can I. If you can tell me to shut up, I can tell you to, too. You want to be immature and behave that way? So shall I. So, here goes: SHUT UP.

See? It works in both directions. You make it seem like others can't help themselves, well neither can you. Go enjoy your movies full of filth and stupidity. No one, literally NO ONE is stopping you. You can go watch them right now, in fact. See how literally no one is stopping you from doing that? From enjoying them?

And I can also see that this is bringing out the worst in you, as well. So why don't you take your own advice and just don't do it? Rise above it. And it's not just me, it's everyone involved. I love how you like to single out people with your words and your posts. Doesn't put you in the best light, and you know it. I've never claimed to be perfect and I've put myself in the hot seat more than once and didn't come out better for it. Don't think you're immune to that.

And no, don't bother coming back with "no, you first" as that's just immature and you know I'm right. Your words work in both directions, stop trying to think you're taking the high road here and you're somehow in a better position or have the high ground. You don't. You're just standing on a ladder with a headache because you banged your head on the ceiling because you're trying to position yourself above others. Chances are we'll just knock the ladder out from under you and laugh as you land on your crack.

You're doing exactly what you're preaching against. "Do as I say, don't do as I do." So, again. SHUT UP.

Sometimes, yeah, people fight to be objectively right on everything. Yourself included. And sometimes people agree with others disagreeing with them, it's the HOW it's done that bothers them. People can agree to disagree and leave it at that, but they usually don't. Or if they do, there's one last snide swipe made as they walk out of the conversation. It's unnecessary.

THIS. I was one of those. I watched it again and then tried to defend it. I watched it one MORE time and found that I hated it even more than the first time I watched it. It's just a garbage fest of a film. It's one of Bay's worst and the man can churn out some trash. It's probably the lowest point of the Transformers franchise. Critics, audiences and the box office reflect how bad it really is. It made more than Bumblebee (in terms of straight numbers $646 or 656 (I can't remember) vs $446 (or whatever it currently is) it's clearly more) but still LOST more than Bumblebee by leaving Paramount more than $100 million in the hole and owing investors. Bumblebee, on the other hand, was critically recommended and the audience liked it A LOT and it was an actual success and didn't make Paramount lose any money. That absolutely PROVES TLK is a terrible, terrible film. When a film making $440 million plus is considered a success compared to its predecessor that says something about the previous film.

It was mishandled, it was garbage and everyone behind the scenes made it a plaything to make money off of and when they were done with it, they discarded it like trash and said "screw the fans" and haven't given two craps since. Lorenzo is a mouthpiece to fit an agenda that's constantly changing and he just goes along with it because he's paid to and says "How high?" when someone tells him to jump.

Now, even he admits TF6 is dead, Bumblebee will be the film to receive a sequel if there are any. And they're not even really working on a script right now. Kinda, sorta, but not really. Says a lot.

My thanks to Autobot Burnout for getting right to the point. It was a garbage film that even Bayverse fans said was awful. (Not all fans, of course, but fans nonetheless. I was one of those. It began the ruination of the Bayverse for me. Bumblebee outright made the killing blow.)

EXACTLY. None of these movies have felt like they'll stand the test of time. I wasn't asking for Citizen Kane or Titanic or Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope. I was looking for something along the lines of Star Trek II: The Wrath Of Khan or Alien/Predator. We got nothing anywhere near that. We got Michael Bay playing Rock 'Em, Sock 'Em Robots on IMax screens while a Disney kid screams "NO" and "GO" as an "actress" shows off the shiny from all of the oil they rubbed all over her flashes her midriff and shakes her tail.

And because of that, I've come to realize that Transformers might be one of those "timeless classic" franchises. We can love them, we can collect them, but maybe they're not meant to be timeless and that's okay. Everything has an expiration date.

• Like Like x 4
  17. primal789

primal789 Prime

News Credits:
    Movies are entertainment,my guy!They never meant to divide any fans so everyone has to drop the disrespect and that's all.Calling stuff garbage all the time won't help the discussion in any positive way,no one said you need to be on a site daily meant for the fans and get into heated arguments even after the franchise is done...movies don't insult but humans do these things.

• Like Like x 4
  18. TFXProtector

News Credits:
    Really? It's JUST me? REALLY?

Wow. Just stop it. Just...stop.

• Like Like x 2
  19. WarLordFoxxy

WarLordFoxxy Banned

I think he meant that as a more general "you". Not "you" as in directly at you.

• Like Like x 2
  20. TFXProtector

News Credits:
    And if he didn't? If he was directing that solely at me? What then?

• Like Like x 1