Lockdown's Ship Origin - Theory or Fact?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Maroyasha, Jun 28, 2014.

1. Maroyasha

Maroyasha IOU A Title

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    So, this kind of a theory I have. IDK if it is true or not. But I believe I heard Lockdown say something to OP about his ship being the ship that was OP's "last hope." He also mentioned it used to be that ship before he found it. Does that mean Lockdown found the Arc and recovered it? Thus making it a part of his ship or is there just some other ship that was OP's last hope we don't know about? Any ideas?

2. nametaken

nametaken Well-Known Member

thought he explained it well enough in the movie.

it was an exploration ship "the knights" used apparently a long time ago in the past.
    ship holds some value to Optimus as a place of renown.

and we know its called "the Knightship" from previous AOE interviews.

3. Red Goblin

Red Goblin Veteran

News Credits:
    He didn't say anything like that. The ship once belonged to the Knights of Cybertron but Lockdown captured all of them and made the ship his personal prison.

4. Maroyasha

Maroyasha IOU A Title

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I must be confused with scenes maybe. It was mdinight, I was kinda tired when I saw the movie. But I heard him say it used to have some form of value to Optimus.

5. moylan55

moylan55 Well-Known Member

He asked Optimus if he remembered his time on it or something along those lines

6. OptimusJet

OptimusJet One with the Matrix

News Credits:
    Lockdown - "Remember this ship Prime? Built for all you knights you great crusader's to explore the universe, Well I commandeered it.. It's my personal prison now."

"Welcome back to the Knights Temenos Prime"

Prime - "You have disgraced it"

Lockdown - "Join your fellow rebels, fugitives, scum. It's for the rarest specimens, the worst of the worst. It's taken centuries but I've collected all the knights.. except you!"

7. MatrixBearer85

MatrixBearer85 Well-Known Member

if this movie was linked to the 3 earlier movies, then wouldn't prime be a Scientist and not a Knight while Megatron was the defender of Cybertron??? wtf happened to that backstory.

8. jestermon

jestermon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Lockdown said it was made by the creators and it was sent out with those Knights of Cybertron on it to different planets that's what I heard.

When was prime ever a scientist in the movies?

He was the last of the Primes and a military commander of troops I don't remember any science mentioned?

Between these odd questions and the multiple reviews I watched I honestly don't think people watch the movies when they go into it.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Jalaguy

Jalaguy has no known physical weaknesses

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    In IDW's version of the film continuity, before the war Optimus led the archaeological Science Division, investigating Cybertron's history, Megatron led the Defense Force, protecting the planet from alien threats, and Sentinel Prime was a sagely symbolic leader. Eventually Megatron used the threat of dissenters against the government to enact martial law, before later turning his Defense Force into the Decepticons (although some members, like Ironhide and Chromia, left at that point).

Optimus having a secret origin as a knight is actually fairly compatible with IDW's backstory - he was first found by Sentinel Prime, hidden away alone, so anything could've happened to him before that.

• Like Like x 2
  10. jestermon

jestermon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ok, but it wasn't in the actual movies on screen it never mentions it at all even thought the knight thing and the trained by Sentinel conflict each other.

11. moylan55

moylan55 Well-Known Member

Why? I think Sentinel was a knight as well so it seems to fit

12. DX2LPMA

DX2LPMA Member

No it's the knights temenos.

13. DX2LPMA

DX2LPMA Member

Exactly. Just like Michael Bay said once that if it didn't happen in the films it didn't happen.

14. User_136440

User_136440 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The Knights' Temenos was just that one part of the ship, a kind of sacred place. That's why he mentions it when they get there, not when they first board the ship. The ship is just called the Knightship.

15. tonyformer

tonyformer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wow guys! Way to revive a 3 year old thread! Try looking at the last comments and who you are commenting back to, to see when they last posted.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Achilles1943

Achilles1943 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    well, since this came back might as well say something anyway ...

I rewatched aoe in hd yesterday and I noticed some new details ... and I must say ... I LOVE this ship !!! I hope we see more of it

• Like Like x 1
  17. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    That spaceship was pretty awesome. I hope it plays a prominent part in TLK, or at least gets a cameo like the Ark did.

18. Achilles1943

Achilles1943 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I hope not ... the movie is already way overpopulated ... but I would love to see it return in the 7th film ...

19. Wolf

Wolf old school bot

In the comics the knight ships are all titans if am not mistaken, which could explain why the arms detach and provide a way to utilise it in the future. and think about it lockdown only knows so much, so if the knights were secretive and always mysterious then he actually didn't have a clue how many there was, and who they were if there's more! He just fulfilling his contracts, so if the person hiring him had limited information then so did lockdown.

20. DX2LPMA

DX2LPMA Member

Oh ok