Lockdowns reason for being here...

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Zero One, Jun 16, 2014.

1. Zero One

Zero One Member

As the title, are we (the collective TF4 movie plot speculators) assuming Lockdown is here for Prime, or is there something that confirms he is?

Didn't Lockdown tell Optimus in the TV spot that (and I am paraphrasing here) "Its not all about you?"

If it turns out that Optimus is simply a fly in Lockdowns ointment, or he is just using Prime to find what he wants, what could he really be here for?

The 'Key' thingy?

Dinobots?

A particular human?

Don't recall this being discussed so feel free to ignore me if it has...

2. primal789

primal789 Prime

News Credits:
    Lockdown says"You think you are the center of the universe".It's possible he wants some kind of ancient device but his master sent him here because TFs interaction with humans messed up the balance of the galaxy or something like that

3. Achilles1943

Achilles1943 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    maybe the universe is becoming overpopulated with live and someone sends lockdown to extint some species (like the humans) to restore the universe's balance

and that entity thinks HE is the savior of the universe, the center of the universe, and optimus is just some guy between many
    and that is what lockdown is saying

4. kjeevahh

kjeevahh n/a

News Credits:
    lockdown is there for optimus prime

"there is still a price on my head" - optimus prime, AOE

my interpretation of the lockdown's line is that it is in reply to Prime's 'who sent you'.. prime being unable to figure out who it could possibly be after the events of DOTM, and lockdown contemptuously dismissing his poor knowledge of who else is out there in the galaxy

5. CKPRIME

CKPRIME Banned

News Credits:
    You don't know if that is finalized or accurate dialogue to the finished scene.

6. primelock LSC

primelock LSC TITAN

for some reason i dont think he is talkin to prime when he makes that statement, i think he's talking to the humans. prime and the autobots have traveled the stars for centuries they should know they are not the center of the universe. just my opinion. the humans obviously have a bounty on primes head thats why there in the situation there in now running and hiding. and just because ratchet dies does not mean that he's not important to the plot. cybertronians are becoming fewer and fewer, how many medics/scientist who know cybertronian biology are left out there? not saying that prime is not important because he is very much so. but idk something is gonna hit us from left field. just my opinion.