Lockdown's boss = Liege Maximo

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by JohnRedcorn, Jun 11, 2014.

1. JohnRedcorn

JohnRedcorn Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I am reading the G2 comics of Transformers and realizing some potential ideas that may or could be incoroprated in the new movie, since both g2 and the movie take place at a time when the TF race is at "near extinction". Has anyone speculated that perhaps, other than the tried and true responses of the Quintessons or Unicron, that maybe Lockdown's boss is Liege Maximo or someone similar to that character?

2. Unicrons Herald

Unicrons Herald Chaos Bringer

There are others that have speculated on that Liege Maximo could be Lockdown's boss. I am one of them as I gave several options to who the boss could be.
    Also; I believe Tonyformer also speculated on Liege Maximo. :) 

3. toaprime

toaprime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He could be like the real Fallen as a Herald of Unicron. Like the Fallen and Leige switch their usual roles. How about Leige hires Lockdown to get rid of OP, then he will lead the armies of Unicron to conquer Earth? Then, he comes across Galvatron and there is a competition to win Unicrons favor?

4. ChaosDonkey

ChaosDonkey Lord Brain

I would love liege to show up.

5. JohnRedcorn

JohnRedcorn Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah! I didn't realize that. The movie Fallen was really like LM from G2.

I am guessing tonyformers has some inside info ;) 

6. tonyformer

tonyformer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Liege Maximo for the win!

7. ChaosDonkey

ChaosDonkey Lord Brain

He wouldn't be a prime though

8. tonyformer

News Credits:
    Maybe, maybe not. We see in ROTF that Jetfire mentions that there were 7 original Primes. The 6 that sacrificed themselves and The Fallen. It could always be explained that there was really 13 and that 6 of them did not agree with the others and how Cybertron was growing so the other 6 left and went in there own ways. Liege Maximo could still be one of the first 13. And like The Fallen, could very much have taken his followers with him to create a new Cybertronian Empire. And just maybe (if) he is involved, he very well could be building his "Hub" which is cyber formed planets that he has connected to each other as one network. Maybe Earth is his next target?

All speculation but very well could work. And in G2 Liege Maximo was trying to ascend to the Dark powers to be close to the "Dark God".

9. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW SpongeBob and TTV's MS 2.0

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I'm liked this Idea plus it's better than the Quints show up.

10. Wolf

Wolf old school bot

I like it...

11. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I'd be cool with that.

Liege Maximo is one character they definitely should use more often.

12. tonyformer

News Credits:
    Hes probably one of a few true history characters that they could use in the movies and expand soooooo much on. I was mad how they handled The Fallen as I felt he Gould have been a multi-movie character with much more far reaching plot to him but was such a let down.

13. ChaosDonkey

ChaosDonkey Lord Brain

After so many plot holes i doubt Bay would dare to make auch a big one.
    " in the beginning there was the cube. And it created the first 7 cybertronians the primes.
    O yeah and the six other ones."

It could work as a second generation, and six understudies/apprentices of the Primes. Where Liege is an insane nut that wants to know the secret of the cube, but find the dark spark instead.

14. tonyformer

News Credits:
    It was never said that the Cube only created 7 Primes. It was only said that the Cube created the TFs.

And like I said, just because Jetfire said there was 7 Primes does not mean he knew about others (if they go that route). He may have only had knowledge of 7. Bay should have just stuck to 13 anyway. The movie book an comics stayed true to it. Bay loves the number 7 for some strange reason and changed that himself. Just like in movie 1 where he had the original 7 (humans) who found the Cube. And it really would not surprise me if Hasbro pushed to get the Dinobots in this movie but Bay threw 2 more in to make it 7 lol.

We have 7 Dinobots after all in the toy line. I'm sure Hasbro would have been content with the normal 5 Dinobots. I feel like Scorn and Slash are Bay additions because he wanted more Dinos that were known as terrors or their times. Spinosaurus and raptors feel like a Bay liked addition that he knew he could make even meaner looking.

15. Scorpio

Scorpio Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Leige Maximo is one of the least well known big-threats of the Transformers universe - falling out of public eye and only being mildly referenced in variations of Transformers. Heck, his most recent reference was in Transformers Prime where they just shoe-horned in that it was his arm Megatron took...

Given he was not one of the original 7 in the film-verse (ROTF) then we cant really have him retain the previous backstory without continuity errors. His role as an embodiment of evil fighting against the Primes would essentially just be a carbon copy of Unicron also - As such he would seem more like a copycat Unicron to anyone fairly new to the franchise... and to those who are familiar with the franchise you should realise he essentially is a copycat Unicron being introduced shortly after Unicron's destruction in the movie.

While Liege Maximo is a possibility it would be a really silly choice to have him instead of Unicron - as given their similarities you cant really have both appear in the same series as it would confuse fans... similar to how Bay feared a re-named re-born Megatron as Galvatron would confuse fans.

Revenge Of The Fallen states "The Seven Primes" - while their was concept art for 13. In adaptions, according to Jetfire, the Dynasty of Primes was formed by the first Thirteen Cybertronians... however Jetfire reveals the original 13 Cybertronians COULD NOT TRANSFORM.

So essentially;

- The One splits himself into Unicron and Primus
    - Primus creates Quintessons
    - Quintessons create Allspark
    - Allspark creates 13 non-transforming Cybertronians - including Jetfire's ancestor (A non-transforming living wheel)
    - The 13 Cybertronians form/create the 7 members of the Dynasty Of Primes
    - The 7 members of the Dynasty Of Primes use seekers to search for energon

Refer to;
    http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Dynasty_of_Primes
    http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Tales_of_the_Fallen_issue_3

16. tonyformer

News Credits:
    Sorry bud but the first 13 did not create the 7 Dynesty of Primes. The 7 (in the movie) are the 13 in all other continuities. The movie comics and the movie book even have all 13 but Bay very stupidly changed it to 7 in the movie.

Jetfire also did not have a wheel as a father. That was a very bad written joke in the movie.

Also, the Quintissons were their own organic race not created by Unicron or Primus but later were taken over by Unicron and turned into Cyborgs and were sent to Cybertron to take it over. This was the first war of Cybertron where all Cybertronians fought against them to get control of Cyberteon back.

17. ChaosDonkey

ChaosDonkey Lord Brain

Tony, Bay makes his own fluff. The TF movieverse, and as you stated your self, it is deeply inspired by his fixation of the number 7.

No he is not, he is well known by the fandom, as the mysterious bad guy we know nothing about, but would love to be more deeply explored :) 
    And someone should burn all the published Covenant of Primus, not only because of Liege Maximo that is dead.
    But the fallen being a good guy, the last romantic, the Romeo of Transformers with anger issues and a bit of aggressive schizophrenia?

Agree, but it could be fixed by leaving Unicron out of the story like The Cube took over Primus's role as the creator.

Buff him down, and make him just a bad ass Con. Who doesn't play second to anyone, like Megatron did several times.

18. Ironhide1234

Ironhide1234 Here.

News Credits:
    I hope Lockdown's boss is Liege Maximo! It would be cool to found out that Jetfire was only actually talking about 6 of the 13 Prime's that sacrificed themselves to hide the Matrix from the Fallen! Then if it turns out to be Liege Maximo it would be nice for him to mention stuff about the Fallen and the rest of the Primes and that he never bothered with the star harvesters and left Cybertron to start his own army of followers! :D  Just like the Fallen he has a pure hatred for 'good' Primes! He sent Lockdown, his right hand bot and best bounty collector to deal with Optimus once and for all as he has grown increasingly worried with his presence, as he has defeated Sentinel Prime and Megatron together.

19. ChaosDonkey

ChaosDonkey Lord Brain

In g1 the 13 didnt exist, as i remember neither did they in the Unicron trilogy.
    Someone pointed out to me, when i said that the Cube is playing Primus role, and therefore there is a possibility his brother will not show up, that in g1 Unicron existed, but Primus did not.
    And in g1 it was the Quintessons that created the autobots and decepticons.

20. Ironhide1234

Ironhide1234 Here.

News Credits:
    Here's an idea, In the opening sequence of the first film Optimus Prime stated, "We know not where it comes from".

-The Quintessons created the Allspark which created the Transformers.