Lockdown comes back?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by KlownyKritter, Aug 31, 2015.

1. KlownyKritter

KlownyKritter Rogue Maniac

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1Ek6LqqDrE

IDK if anyone has seen this video, but if you skip into this video at about 2:42 you'll see Mark Ryan getting a first look at a Lockdown toy but then he goes off to say Hasbro was pissed off that Michael Bay killed off the character. Then he says there is a chance he'll be resurrected and brought back.

So... thoughts? How will they bring him back? Are they going to try and pull a Deadpool move and find a shard of his body, then recreate him again? Does his spark still live and someone retrieves it? Does Galvatron rebuild him and manipulate him into working for him? Do the Quintessons go fix their beloved "attack dog"?

Then what would he look like? Would he look like the old TFA juggalo knock off? Would he look all fucked up and ripped up? Does he have a spare body he can use? IDK! Share your thoughts!

2. Sideways77

Sideways77 #1 flareup simp

News Credits:
    God, I hope so.

3. Livingdeaddan

Livingdeaddan DEFIANTLILHORDE

News Credits:
    I think there's a lot of ways Lockdown could come back without being resurrected Freddy Kruger style. We don't know anything about him really, but someone as seemingly old as him, and in a business as dangerous as bounty hunting, he must have had a back up plan. Maybe he uploads himself to the nightship, so he can be downloaded into one of his minions bodies? Something simple like that. It's a bit Ultron, but Marvel didn't invent that idea.

4. KlownyKritter

Seems legit

5. Hazekiah

Hazekiah Banned

News Credits:
    Well, Optimus definitely trashed his spark completely when he stabbed him from behind dead center and straight through it before detonating his corpse with the Seed. But then Lockdown WAS in the business of doing something with the sparks of his victims as well as being in the employ of the very creators of his species themselves, so if they DO decide to bring him back there's certainly still plenty to work with there, regardless.

6. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Why? Its not like he was all that special. Just bring on the next Decepticon. Better yet, make Galvatron the big bad and not just a side villain for TF5.

7. Livingdeaddan

News Credits:
    What if Galvatron convinces Lockdown to work for him?!!

8. Zhadow

Zhadow Oh hi there

Even though I'm not fond of that they killed off Lockdown, what a decent antagonist he was.

I agree with this. It's time for Mega/Galvatron to prove that he eventually can be an intimidating main villain once again.

9. Livingdeaddan

News Credits:
    From this and other threads, it's seems the general consensus is that although lockdown is welcome back, we'd concede his permanent death if it meant Galvatron actually had a major and vital role in TF5. I think it's the first time the movie board has had a general consensus on anything! lol we're usually split down the middle!

10. Hazekiah

Hazekiah Banned

News Credits:
    It's a non-issue, really.

Optimus will obviously be dealing with the Creators in TF5 while Bumblebee and Co. deal with Galvatron. Considering the expense of purely CGI, space environments, it's pretty much preordained that Galvatron's gonna have a major and vital role no matter what.

So, yeah, we're all agreed that 1+1=2, lol.

11. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    He'll probably come back in a similar way Longhaul did. Remember Igor? :thumb 

12. Zhadow

Zhadow Oh hi there

It's a thing that tfs can live with their head only.

Megs, Frenzy and Igor. Really weird.

13. primal789

primal789 Prime

News Credits:
    It feels good to be united for once at least.

14. Jochimus

Jochimus Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb!

Eh, I'm more inclined to believe - or hope, anyway - that this is just another padder for the TF5 line, like the other TF movie toy lines with characters who aren't actually in those movies.

15. Hazekiah

Hazekiah Banned

News Credits:
    TILL ALL ARE ONE
    [​IMG]

16. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I always wanted him to live, die, and live again Arim Zola style. Basically by working for "the creators", they have paid him with tons of blank protoforms stored all over the universe, acting as avatars. Anytime he gets killed, (his work is very dangerous and risky) his mind just uploads into a new body, which he can then equip and upgrade as needed for a mission. This way he can always continue the hunt. The only way he can be killed is if someone locates his true real body (stored somewhere safe, perhaps the creator's home) and kills that.

17. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Like every Transformers series there are no hard fast rules about death and who can be back from the dead. Every Transformers just seems to make it up as they go along and whatever is needed to fit the story at the time. So if they wanted to yea I'm sure there are plenty of ways to pull off having Lockdown back.

If they will I'm thinking not. If they are going with the creators thing, Galvatron's next move now that Prime has left Earth in the hands of Bumblebee and a pack of bickering idiots I think the movie might be a little too full to add I'm back with Lockdown.

18. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    I'm just hoping we don't get another pointless waste of CGI meant to pad the ILM sizzle reel (Driller, swarm-transformations).

19. jru42287

jru42287 Ass Möde is a way of life.

News Credits:
    Just like the thread's topic!

[​IMG]

20. KlownyKritter

I don't think I'd take the movie seriously if they did something like that to him. Had this weird theory pop into my head though, if Megatron had his chromosomes infect other bots would Lockdown not be able to do the same? He's a much more powerful entity than a stupid KSI drone and far more intelligent than Megatron honestly.