Live-action Movieverse Toys Appreciation Thread! EXPLOSIONS!!!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Zigholtul, Sep 29, 2012.

1. CamaroBee

CamaroBee for Fletcher

Instagram:
    I’d definitely like to see him! I think he was our 4th seed for last year’s Studio Series September for “other screen” characters (concept art, video games, etc).

I actually asked Sam Smith about Evac a while ago, specifically if he’d be a Universal exclusive or if he would be mainline if he got a Studio Series figure. He replied that they would probably offer it to Universal first, but if that didn’t work for some reason he could definitely be mainline.

Last edited: May 26, 2024
    • Like Like x 2
  2. SG_DJ_Vaporwave

SG_DJ_Vaporwave Generation 2 and Lo-Fi Hip-Hop Enthusiast

News Credits:
    The Harbinger of Death 1000005228.jpg

• Like Like x 11
  3. DeathsTreads77

DeathsTreads77 Four books into DUNE. Help

I hope that one day happens. The ride was probably the best thing I did that was at universal, as it actually was really thrilling and fun. I had gone into the gift shop hoping for evac, or even Megatron, and just found legacy motormaster for 120 dollars.

• Like Like x 1
  4. CamaroBee

CamaroBee for Fletcher

Instagram:
    Unfortunately Universal cleared out all their Evac merch years ago, and I'm not sure why. They even replaced him in the Kreo set of figures for the ride.

• Like Like x 1
  5. ObakaChanTachi

ObakaChanTachi Voyager Class

News Credits:
    I'm not a lawyer but perhaps there was a copyright deal that expired. If Evac was cleared out 2 years ago (2022, around 10 years after the debut of The Ride), that could be why, I guess?

Alternatively, maybe US and Hasbro just want to freshen up The Ride. After all, they operate as if time froze in 2012, don't they? All the bots retain their DOTM aesthetics even though we've had 4 movies since then.

• Like Like x 1
  6. DeathsTreads77

Modified the chest of my SS-72 starscream, and detailed it up. 1000007311.jpg 1000007312.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  7. CamaroBee

CamaroBee for Fletcher

Instagram:
    This week, I wanted to take a look at where we are with Studio Series mini figures!

BTB Minifigures.JPG

All these mini figures are packaged with a full size Transformer, so who do you think these guys would be packed with?

• Like Like x 10
  8. DeathsTreads77

Just so you know, You forgot charlie that came with the Bumblebee rerelease of clunker bumblebee.

Anyway, the only ones I see on that list that are really "needs" for me are reedman and frenzy. I could see reedman being an accessory for a core class/deluxe class ravage, and frenzy would probably go best with a barricade remake, as that figure has already been done better in the form of sideways.

• Like Like x 1
  9. CamaroBee

CamaroBee for Fletcher

Instagram:
    I didn’t include Charlie since this was just looking at Bay stuff, but she is one of the mini figures too!

I like both those ideas, and I think they could pack Sqweeks with TLK Megatron, AOE Brains with Hound, Quintessa with Nemesis Prime (or just TLK Prime), Vatti bot with Daytrader, and the Kitchenbots with an unmasked ROTF Bumblebee. There’s a few though like Alice and the Stupid Drones where I’m not too sure who they’d be packed with.

• Like Like x 1
  10. ObakaChanTachi

ObakaChanTachi Voyager Class

News Credits:
    Dispensor is right on the line between big and small for me. My definition of a small bot is anyone who doesn't turn into a vehicle that you or a full-sized Transformer can ride. (Alice may be an exception for, um, reasons :) ) He belongs here IMO.

I'd definitely also include the Oreobot per my established definition. Also, I think you forgot Scalpel and the Insecticons!

• Like Like x 1
  11. CamaroBee

CamaroBee for Fletcher

Instagram:
    That's something we talked about when putting this together! We decided to put Dispensor and Orebot as more of the core class size (along with the AOE Steeljaws), but I can see the argument!

Scalpel and the Insecticon were omitted due to being too tiny to work at SS scale, they'd be near microscopic! There was a discussion on just making them larger than movie scale, though.

12. Wars

Wars I ate the WHOLE plate!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Pretty wild that we've gotten those mini Dinobots from TLK but no Frenzy yet...

Anyway! The only new figures I could see any of these being packed with are Sqweeks with a hypothetical leader TLK Hound and Quintessa with a leader TLK Nemesis Prime, repainted from next year's AOE Optimus. Maybe the Vatti-bot with a hypothetical deluxe Trench or voyager Daytrader? Though I'm not sure if we'll see either of those characters any time soon.

It'd be nice to see Frenzy included with a DOTM re-release/repaint of Barricade, or as others have mentioned, a completely new deluxe Barricade figure. The Stupid Drones could be a fun inclusion in a multi-pack alongside repaints of Lockdown and Shadow Raider. Alice would've made more sense to release alongside Grindor, I think, if Ravage had been released with ROTF Soundwave. As for the others, I'm not really sure. Though I wouldn't be pining fo any of them as much. I'd actually much prefer to get the kitchen bots at core class scale (if it was continuing), since I could see them being fun little fiddle toys.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Pincol

Pincol Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    aoe & tlk cons
    [​IMG]
    movie 1 cons
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 14
  14. DeathsTreads77

Ah, makes sense.

Yeah, I like all of those ideas. With Alice, she really only interacted with bumblebee (It's in my mouth!), so perhaps that could be included with unmasked rotf bumblebee? But then the kitchen bots would have nowhere to go.

As with the stupid drones, I think they'd go really nice in a "Temenos troops pack", which would include a lockdown rerelease with mask and face gun, one of his troopers (this time a remold of crankcase), two core-class steeljaws (that would turn into weapons, Freezer style), one of the little orb thingies, and a mini figurine of cade with his gun.
    Well, that's the dream anyway. I doubt there'd be enough demand for this kinda thing.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Insurgent

Insurgent The Amazing Tango Mysterio

What orb thingy? Since I'm not sure what that is, I'd say replace that with a seed. I'd love to get a couple of core class aoe steeljaws. A little pack of three would be great.

I mean a pack as in wolf pack, not a three figure pack. Mind you, I'd also like a control pillar. Wish there was a way to get those macguffins for a decent price. Heck, I'd even take that seed from peru kill if i could.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Beastwarsfan95

Beastwarsfan95 Also known as Cheese House

News Credits:
    Whenever I see a Mindwipe for sale he is NEVER less than 70 US smackers. Often even more, heck I've seen his buddy Skystalker go for over 100!

Alpt of the HftD figures have gotten pricy.

17. DriftsEdge

DriftsEdge The Keyboard Samurai

Topspin: You promised me no work today amigo.

Simmons: If I don’t help this person, we will have to play ball in space!

Topspin: That’s what you always say!
    IMG_4750.jpeg

• Like Like x 12
  18. DriftsEdge

DriftsEdge The Keyboard Samurai

I like to see if HasTak can remold SS32 Optimus Prime into SS TLK Onslaught.

• Like Like x 1
  19. DeathsTreads77

In the ship scenes, there was a little rolling orb that scanned the environment

• Like Like x 1
  20. optimusbee

optimusbee Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    SS TLK Onslaught should be a completely new mold. They could theoretically retool any figure into another.

• Like Like x 7