Live-action Movieverse Toys Appreciation Thread! EXPLOSIONS!!!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Zigholtul, Sep 29, 2012.

1. Rakuen_Nox

Rakuen_Nox Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Exactly, Primal looses his mentor Apelinq, his planet and then is forced to kill his friend Airrazor all directly due to Scourge but they never cross paths after the opening. The narrative weight is clearly set on Primal settling a score, you could even use it as a character moment for Prime; have Primal snap after killing Airrazor and abandon his village and maximals to get revenge - Optimus then recognizes how he has also lost his way and goes to stop Primal’s suicide mission.

Having talked reason into him Primal can then say something about now seeing in Prime the legendary leader he’d heard about in the stories (bringing that whole arc full circle).

Agree that it makes BB Prime an idiot, he tells Bee to go to earth so they can use it as a base of operation from which to regroup and strike back out at the Decepticons. But then we find out not only do they not build a base of operations in the 10years they’re there but they don’t even bring ANY means of getting off world with them…. What was the plan then? Purposefully strand yourself somewhere with no hope of ever leaving??

At least give them a TF: Prime style headquarters with something like a ground bridge to help with the globe trotting plot. Made no sense to introduce a behemoth like Stratosphere only to have stay out of the final fight - it’d be like having a giant on your side and only using it for piggy back rides

• Like Like x 1
  2. Kotori Sonoda

Kotori Sonoda Mihono Bourbon's hero

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    IMG_20240525_173942.jpg IMG_20240525_174018.jpg IMG_20240525_174216.jpg

• Like Like x 11
  3. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    The Transformers Prime headquarters was set up by the US government and was an abandoned military site

4. Rakuen_Nox

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah kitted out with autobot tech… they had 10years between movies to set up resources and build a base to launch out attacks on cybertron with or without help for the humans.

The writers could’ve come up with hundreds of possibilities and yet the autobots live in a random garage in one of the most populated cities on the planet (despite being in hiding). Not only that but they’re not even regrouping; how many other autobots are sitting around like Pablo? Stationed in a random country alone with nothing to do but chill with butterflies??

• Like Like x 2
  5. Fenrys

News Credits:
    You're making assumptions outside the context of the story. Wheeljack shows that there are Autobots stationed globally, Stratosphere shows that they have a means of traveling globally. Just because the story of ROTB doesn't disclose if the Autobots have a better base or more numbers doesn't mean that they don't because those details are outside of the scope of the story that was being told. In addition to that, they came to Earth in pods at the end of Bumblebee, where exactly is this super advanced Autobot tech supposed to come from? They don't have an actual ship to cannibalize for parts/tech.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Optitron98

Optitron98 Guy who loves blue and sarcasm

Ebay:
    I have a genuine question, what WOULD leaving Cybertron, regrouping on Earth, and going back even have done to help the war? The original opening would have had Transit mocking Prime for abandoning his troops and now they're getting killed. Extremely awful for Prime, but also, what did he expect? What WAS the plan? He acts as if Earth had escape pods ready to go for all his troops. If he needed resources, why not have Bee contact Agent Burns and work with the government in those 7 years to gain the trust of the military and got said resources. Why does he distrust the humans?

All ROTB did was make you question if Optimus is a competent leader at all? Great fighter, sure? Leader, not so much.

• Like Like x 6
  7. ThePrimeCustoms

ThePrimeCustoms Plastic lover/painter

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Yeah ROTB kinda made Bumblebee look worse in retrospective

• Like Like x 2
  8. Prime135

Prime135 Friend of Arcee

News Credits:
    Tumblr:
    I mean, their headquarters was being overrun, the Autobot command structure didn’t really have anywhere else to go, so they evacuated off planet to regroup and strategize, fully intending to come back once they had a plan of action. It’s a pretty standard military/action movie trope.

Prime distrusts humanity because like, aside from Charlie they all tried to murder bumblebee? Keep in mind the Bayverse is separate, so humanity as a whole, but particularly the US military made a pretty shit first impression on the Autobots. And then prime spent a decade stranded on earth, in 80’s/90’s NYC no less, not exactly putting our best foot forward with that one either.

Last edited: May 25, 2024
    • Like Like x 4
  9. OverloadedTaco

OverloadedTaco I don't know what to put here anymore

Random figure of the day: SS-87 Bumblebee! 20240524_201510.jpg 20240524_201626.jpg 20240524_201759.jpg 20240524_210414.jpg
    I plan on doing a mini gallery for all my movie figures

• Like Like x 16
  10. Prime77

Prime77 Until next time…

Darksteel
    IMG_9304.jpeg
    IMG_9258.jpeg
    IMG_9296.jpeg
    IMG_9268.jpeg
    IMG_9318.jpeg
    IMG_9282.jpeg
    IMG_9329.jpeg
    IMG_9283.jpeg
    IMG_9319.jpeg

• Like Like x 15
  11. Rakuen_Nox

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    In a story where the main conflict for Optimus Prime is hating the situation on earth and regretting his decisions then these kind of out of questions should definitely have been addressed however. There is no reason to assume that they have a better base because the films uses the garage base is part of the film’s shorthand to show HOW depressing their situation is. If prime hates humanity and wants nothing to do with us then WHY are autobots diluting their forces to have individuals posted in different countries? The Transit scene establishes that the autobots ate being hunted, so why station bots on their own far from backup?

Prime hates humanity so they’re not there for local outreach to improve earth’s acceptance of autobots being here. So what was so important that Wheeljack had to be isolated in Peru but so insignificant that he could leave his station as soon as prime arrives and fly back with them at the end of the movie?

Not having answers to these kind of questions makes it just feel like characters spawn into being when the movie needs them and disappear once they’re off screen.

As for the tech, it’s a sci-fi movie about transforming robots: you could tell me they cannibalised their escape pods or used Wheeljack’s genius to turn earth scrap into whatever they needed and I’d be fine with it.

• Like Like x 4
  12. VVa

VVa If you don't Booyah back I want you dead.

Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    In BBM he said "regroup, rebuild and retake our home". So I feel like his original plan was meant as build back an army while stationed on Earth, hoping any surviving Autobots who escaped Cybertron would make their way to Earth.

But ROTB Prime threw that away and thought "I only have 5 Bots on hand but I want to leave NOW."

• Like Like x 2
  13. VVa

Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Still a load of shit. Forced growth because the story needed him to due to the third act approaching. He didn't "realize" anything, Primal told him what to think. Him not learning this on his own is such a cop-out.
    What's even worse is that Primal is sidelined after speed running Prime's arc.

Last edited: May 25, 2024
    • Like Like x 2
  14. Fenrys

News Credits:
    Transit scene didn't make it into the movie, so it's non canon and irrelevant

• Like Like x 2
  15. VVa

Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Just gonna ignore every other point then. Cool.

• Like Like x 7
  16. Collectotron

Collectotron Needs coffee

News Credits:
    Been giving it some thought and reckon these guys would work as KSI drones

Some roughly colour match some of the cars seen in on set photos 1000005088.jpg

Some fit the based off of other characters designs thing that KSI was doing
    1000005107.jpg

And...well...these guys just fit through vibe for me 1000005111.jpg

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 8
  17. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 15
  18. VVa

Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Yo, the orange Long Haul, 'tho??

19. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 3
  20. Revan1307

Revan1307 Well-Known Member

Since people are hating on him my favorite movie figure made rotb optimus prime
    20240525_181843_resized.jpg 20240525_181146_resized.jpg

• Like Like x 8