Live-action Movieverse Toys Appreciation Thread! EXPLOSIONS!!!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Zigholtul, Sep 29, 2012.

1. DocSeth81

DocSeth81 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Cambodia Temple SS Elita1 (b).jpg

• Like Like x 3
  2. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
  3. DeathsTreads77

DeathsTreads77 Four books into DUNE. Help

I've gotta wonder, has anyone tried combining baiwei ss-32 Ultra Magnus with SS Jetfire or the DOTM trailer? I feel like that could make for a pretty good armored mode, akin to the original ultra Magnus.

• Like Like x 2
  4. VVa

VVa If you don't Booyah back I want you dead.

Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    As for him wanting to kill Scourge, it's because he killed Bee.

As for Battletrap? Yeah, he was itching to kill something, I agree.

I noticed two "comedic" lines from him aren't very funny when you think about it.

The aforementioned, "he was mine", and "I don't want you going to that drive-in theatre anymore."
    Ya might laugh and think "heehee bumblebee got grounded!" But then you realize Optimus punished one of his own men for having a different opinion than him and defending it.

5. smiller0570

smiller0570 Maximal

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yea I actually use to have that Clunker Bee and I loved it!!!! Throwing it out there to anyone listening I will trade my SS RotB Wheeljack(has upgrade for doors) for either the BBSS15 Bee or Clunker Bee!!!

Some gunmetal has been added to him in a few spots and here is a quick Pic
    Screenshot_20240524_163345_Gallery.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  6. Pincol

Pincol Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    continue with movie megs, today custom 2007 voyager
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 16
  7. OverloadedTaco

OverloadedTaco I don't know what to put here anymore

Random figure of the day #1: SS-44 Optimus Prime 20240524_183854.jpg 20240524_190612.jpg 20240524_192517.jpg

• Like Like x 10
  8. CamaroBee

CamaroBee for Fletcher

Instagram:
    This week's Legends Class custom is DOTM Sideswipe! I'd like to get ahold of the ROTF one at some point since I think that one has a better robot mode, but I think this guy's looking a whole lot cooler with the new silver base coat!

Sideswipe bot 3.jpg
    Sideswipe bot 2.jpg
    Sideswipe alt main.jpg
    Sideswipe alt 1.jpg

• Like Like x 12
  9. Crossblades

Crossblades Combiner fan

I was curious to see this myself, so I'd thought I'd do some searching online and I found this! This might be a SS Jetfire KO though. Couldn't find one with a DOTM trailer. Source of the image is from the bottom link.

https://www.ecs-direct.com/product-...re-jetfire-op-prime-tw1022-transformed-figure
    7144b1_753b6d4b2498483d9ffcd1dc1318f451~mv2.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  10. Prime135

Prime135 Friend of Arcee

News Credits:
    Tumblr:
    Idk what yall mean with rotb prime being “bloodthirsty”. Like the whole point of the movie is that he feels guilty for stranding his team on earth, and is afraid for the fate of Cybertron. Then someone comes along and kills one of those same team members. Now prime is not just dealing with the grief of losing a team member and friend, but is also blaming himself for that loss. Tbh this is probably the most emotionally fleshed out prime has ever been in a film and his actions are pretty understandable.

As for the “he was mine” line. I mean I just kind of took that as some Legolas and Gimli style battlefield banter…

• Like Like x 9
  11. DeathsTreads77

• Like Like x 1
  12. VVa

Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    When a mf asks you who'd you be without him. IMG_1646.jpeg IMG_9473.jpeg IMG_9476.jpeg

• Like Like x 17
  13. VVa

Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Problem is he was an asshole for the whole film. And not an entertaining one.

Also I wanna say I agree and it's humourous when he said "he was mine". It's absolutely okay to make banter about the death of a space terrorist. As a Con, BT's life didn't really matter.

• Like Like x 3
  14. DeathsTreads77

While I see why people hate ROTB Optimus' ruthlessness in ROTB, I'd like to note that in Transformers The movie (1986), he was totally prepared to execute a damaged Megatron, until said Megatron pulled a fast one on him.

Ruthless execution in the Interest of the autobots/humans is nothing new in the franchise, even before Micheal bay stepped on board (though Micheal definitely brought it to a new standard).

Though yeah, OP was a little bit of an A-hole. Then again, I really like how they developed his character in the movie.

• Like Like x 4
  15. VVa

Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I dunno, I see more people discuss about him as a character more than him being ruthless. At this point of the franchise, a lot of us are used to it.

Two things that could have helped him would be if;
    He had a GOOD reason to not involve humans, rather than distrusting them for seemingly no reason, he should believe that no other race should be caught up in the Cybertronian war. Or maybe also believe that humans are much too squishy to be of use. Then be proven wrong when Noah dons the Iron Porsche suit, (Even then Noah didn't really do anything significant with it) and witnessing Elena's resourcefulness. Seeing there's more to humans than meets the eye. Cue applause.

Or maybe take advantage of Prime's Pro-Cybertronian attitude and try to converse with Scourge. Perhaps bring up they're both Cybertronian and should help one another, offering to free Scourge of Unicron's control. Only for Scourge to say he's under his control, but he enjoys the slaughter. I said this in the ROTB thread...

Yeah, then Prime would be shown he can't trust all of his kind.

Even though he should know this because his fucking home world is under Decepticon rule, ya know? The same species Optimus "can only trust" in???

Last edited: May 25, 2024
    • Like Like x 4
  16. DeathsTreads77

Yeah, most are kinda used to it. There are plenty, however that do shout how he should never be with fault, g1 style. I enjoyed this character and ruthlessness seen in ROTB. I don't want Optimus to be a beautiful sculpture of regal spirit and kind heart; I want those to be character traits, not the whole character. There needs to be more there; conflict, character development, emotion, such and such. I love optimus in g1, but I believe he needs to have a more advanced and conflicted character in modern fiction. I'm really happy with how he was written in ROTB, in the fact that he had no idea how to handle the situation he had put himself in. He had to grow as a character to see humans, and even his own troops, as assets rather than an obstacles.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Yeah, it made sense as Scourge was the one who killed Primal's mentor, while i guess Noah needed an important spot, it just feels too boring seeing Scourge struggle with a little human -with enhancers- until Optimus comes and fights him off mostly off-screen.

I don't think Optimus in ROTB was the worst depiciton of him (WFC trilogy exists), but he feels kind of out of character the whole time, there's multiole reasons for his current conflict in the film but it is barely explored and Mirage just briefly mentions it. Bay Op also never said something utterly 'edgy'-childish as "i' going to take back scourge's key....and then take off his head", there is that infamous "give me your face" line but i think it was blown out of proportion in comparison with this.

My biggest gripe is how he doesn't feel connected at all with BBM Op who seemed hopeful to find a way to make Earth their new home, it makes the whole point of the previous movie to feel a bit stupid even though that's the point the film's trying to make and eventually Optimus finds himself to protect the Earth. He also only seemed depressed to Bee's sudden death while he completely ignores Mirage's fate...

• Like Like x 2
  18. VVa

Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Funny how after millions of years at war, Prime seemed so hopeful to have found Earth, yet 7 years on Earth is what made him a prick.

I don't know what his plan was either. What if they used the Transwarp Key to get to Cybertron? They get gunned down. BBM doesn't even tell us how Prime survived the hordes of Seekers, kinda like how Predacons Rising showed us Shockwave get mauled by Terrorcons and he's just fine the next time we see him.

• Like Like x 2
  19. VVa

Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    But he didn't grow. He was rude the entire time up until Primal told him humans are worth saving, and then he started to care.

Prime: You allied with humans?

Primal: Yes, they are worth saving.

Prime: Wow you're right. I feel like saving humans and Earth now.

Last edited: May 25, 2024
    • Like Like x 2
  20. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Even in Bumblebee, Earth was never supposed to be a new home for the Autobots, it was intended to be a staging ground where they could regroup and plan for taking back Cybertron, that's said by Optimus himself in Bumblebee.