Live-action Movieverse Toys Appreciation Thread! EXPLOSIONS!!!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Zigholtul, Sep 29, 2012.

1. troglodyteman217

troglodyteman217 Doritoscream fangirl

News Credits:
    directly below the enemy scrotum AKA Greece
    20240406_204217.jpg 20240406_210458.jpg 20240407_183643.jpg i love traps
    interpret however you so wish

• Like Like x 20
  2. scuffed up rts bumblebee

scuffed up rts bumblebee #Justice4Chopter Trench's#1Fan

This picture is both anxiety inducing and great!
    I think he might be good to fill out the Terrorcons as well.
    I honestly don't get a number of them because I've never seen the media they're referencing. I live under a rock when it comes to a lot of famous media.
    That's not to say they never put a smile on my face, I just haven't understood a higher concentration of some recent ones.
    I haven't had it break, but every time I transform mine I get worried at the amount of pressure (if that's the right word)that's put on it and wouldn't be surprised if it did.
    I just wanted to say I really like the second picture.

• Like Like x 3
  3. DeathsTreads77

DeathsTreads77 Hot sauce addict

Thank you. The wreckers have some of the most photogenic alt modes methinks.

4. Insurgent

Insurgent The Amazing Tango Mysterio

Don't post to try and get likes, post for the shits and giggles. Otherwise, you'll end up feeling this way, like you always have to perform. If you post just for the fun, then it won't matter if you get likes or not. I'll always give you a like if it amused me.

I always have issues getting him back into car mode. Have never been able to get him back together properly after the first time. Don't know what I'm missing.

• Like Like x 7
  5. Kotori Sonoda

Kotori Sonoda Mihono Bourbon's hero

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    He's here to kick some ass.

IMG_20240410_225541.jpg

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 8
  6. PlasticResinHeroes

PlasticResinHeroes Toy Photographer

Instagram:
    -ROTB OP-
    ROTB OP dio.jpg

• Like Like x 16
  7. ObakaChanTachi

ObakaChanTachi woke among sussy soyjak

News Credits:
    Mine are in another country :D 

I'mma be honest man, the Bayverse is basically over. It died in 2017 with TLK bombing. We haven't had a Bay film or toyline in nearly 7 years. How many franchises can still sustain the attention needed to stay alive when they weren't even acclaimed when they were brand new?

Sure there were BB and ROTB but neither film ever got the mainstream appeal and hype that the first three or four films had. Though they were better received, none of them ever rivalled the global box office numbers even the first film had and that film's gross was measured in 2007 dollars. How many non-TF fans do you know are still talking about BB 6 years after it debuted?

Everything about our side of the franchise is built on reliving & reminiscing over the past. SS wasn't made to attract kids (i.e. new customers) to Bayformers, it was made to feed off our nostalgia (i.e. people like us who've been Hasbro customers for years).

Kids these days don't play with physical toys anymore. If my 4 year old cousin is any indication, all kids want these days are iPads to watch YouTube. If he does get toys they're almost entirely hand me downs from me & my slightly younger cousin.

Putting the kids aside, frankly speaking, SS is running out of doable characters. Besides most of TLK and a few oddballs who didn't get toys during their film's original run either, I think we've gotten nearly 80% of the characters that can be remade. Most of us are tidying up our collections, getting figures we couldn't find last time, and moving on to other ventures.

• Like Like x 6
  8. Revoticus

Revoticus Splitting headache

Man I remembered posting pictures in this thread daily and looking forward to the next SS reveal and coming up with ways to recreate scenes from the movies, it was a pretty pleasant time.

I'm just not that interested in the new SS stuff like BB or ROTB(Other than Battletrap and some of the beasts). I did get Mohawk but I'm waiting to paint him up a bit before taking pictures but I just haven't gotten to it.

Maybe I'll get the urge when they do more AOE stuff since that is my jam. Still want that SS High Octane Bumblebee, AOE Bumblebee with battle mask and please just make Slug and Strafe. Scorn is kinda covered with an OSKO version.

• Like Like x 3
  9. DaveTheCave

DaveTheCave Well-Known Member

Way cooler looking and concept art accurate alternate tank mode for Megatron. My opinion of this figure has gone way up because of this fan mode, he actually looks like a vehicle now instead of a robot folding up into a cube with a canon on it.

1000000349.jpg 1000000350.jpg

It kind of reminds me of Cybertron Megatron's car mode. So between the robot mode, two official vehicle modes, the fan made gun mode and this alternative tank mode, this guy has five modes basically.

Got it from some random fella on YouTube

• Like Like x 5
  10. ObakaChanTachi

ObakaChanTachi woke among sussy soyjak

News Credits:
    Not my pic. Man tho. I still fondly remember SS's debut 6 years ago. Who knew how big the line would've grown back then.
    IMG_9340.jpeg IMG_9341.jpeg
    I feel like what made this assortment of figures so special was that they all corrected poor choices made during the original film toyline runs. We didn't exactly need a new Ironhide or Bonecrusher, but we sure needed a better Lockdown and 77 Bee (thank god spring loaded hoods were gone), a bigger & meaner Blackout worth his prestige, and guys that never even got figures to begin with like Stinger and Crowbar. Most of the figures SS did afterwards just improved on figures that either already had decent toys that just needed to be bigger or smaller.

• Like Like x 22
  11. Wars

Wars I ate the WHOLE plate

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Gotta give credit where it's due to Hasbro. I thought Rise of the Beasts was an okay film at best, but somehow I've ended up buying most of the cast in figure form. Some of them in multiple size classes.

20240412_151904.jpg
    20240412_152034.jpg
    20240412_152139.jpg
    20240412_152242.jpg
    This isn't even everything. I've got a few more Yolopark figures, Battlemasters and other mainline toys as well. But they're all in storage and I couldn't be bothered to take them out for photos.

• Like Like x 15
  12. DarkAxalonSyde

DarkAxalonSyde Excessively Angry Decepticon

I still remember how exciting Studio Series was, back when it first started up. I think Kingdom is the closest a TF toy line has gotten to being that exciting since then. The near-certainty that no line will ever be that exciting again, due to Hasbro's insistence on spreading small amounts of random picks from any post-G1 TF series among seas of G1, is downright depressing.

13. CamaroBee

CamaroBee for Fletcher

Instagram:
    Just picked up another legends class figure I’ve been after, Jetfire! Tried to get him way back in the day but he was register locked at the Walmart I went to and never ended up getting him until now. He’s a really neat little figure! Robot mode has some funny proportions but the leg transformation is pretty neat and I like that he has his cane. Alt mode is a decent approximation given the scale, and of course he can combine with Optimus! It is pretty much just Prime wearing an SR-71 as a backpack, but it’s a really fun feature!
    IMG_1972.jpeg IMG_1971.jpeg IMG_1970.jpeg

• Like Like x 15
  14. Sideways77

Sideways77 #1 flareup simp

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 10
  15. BumblebeeNotOP

BumblebeeNotOP Autobot Second-In-Command

News Credits:
    Looking for a Camaro to get rid of godawful VW Bug
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I was actually today years old when I found out that an OS KO of this figure actually existed. Someone in a collectors group in my country was apparently able to find one, and it scales well with the Cyberverse Commander OP

• Like Like x 2
  16. DeadassMango

DeadassMango Head of the MPM Brawl Fanclub

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    I'd quit tfw and leave the transformers fandom too if this is the figure we're all supposed to be excited for:
    1000012161.jpg

I wish I could post more but I just don't got the time I used to. But I stalk this thread (and this godforsaken website in general) near daily anyway.

• Like Like x 16
  17. OverloadedTaco

OverloadedTaco I don't know what to put here anymore

Nah don't disrespect my boy, sure he may have been a design they pulled out of their ass but at least they made it a fun figure

And same with the time constraints, my college finals are coming up and while they aren't actual finals, all of my art projects are gonna pile up since theyre all due the 30th and I'm gonna have no time for anything

• Like Like x 4
  18. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    This has about as much proof as Warden hating BW does :rolleyes: 

• Like Like x 2
  19. octobotimus

octobotimus Bad company ruins good morals

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Lack of any actual concept art doesn’t exactly disprove it either. All we got was the 3D render made purely for the box, and we know they never designed a 3D model of him for the actual movie given the time restrictions. There’s also having seen zero concept art with him in it. All the other art released over the years has all the Cybertron guys, except these concept figures ironically.

20. Sayan Rahman

Sayan Rahman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I want to properly display my collection! I have MPM and OS MPM scaled figures, what shelves/cases do you guys have to display your figures?

Also! What type of stands do you guys use for posing and cool photos?

• Like Like x 1