Live-action Movieverse Toys Appreciation Thread! EXPLOSIONS!!!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Zigholtul, Sep 29, 2012.

1. ObakaChanTachi

ObakaChanTachi Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    For the sake of our planet's survival a deal had to be made...
    20210801_003609.jpg
    With Mega- Ugh, how do I use these again?
    20210801_003623.jpg
    Left my damn gun again!
    20210801_003647.jpg
    Swipes, let's beat this punkass up!

• Like Like x 32
  2. Lockon Prime

Lockon Prime Get a eye full of lid when I slight ur lights out

I'd totally get that with any other line... except for a line called Masterpiece.

Why would anyone want pay $125 for a "Masterpiece", just to turn around and pay another $50+ to fix that "Masterpiece"??

The Masterpiece line is supposed to be top self, the best of the best, the cream of the crop. It's not supposed to have such obvious things wrong with it, that 3P companies have to fix. Now, I mean this in terms of actual transforming transformers, not 3A and all that.

Again, if we all keep putting up with this bcs "everybody does it", Hastak will keep taking advantage and cut even more corners.

• Like Like x 9
  3. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh, don't get me wrong... I'm not supporting it at all. I think it's absolutely disgusting to have the asking prices they do and have them be anything but a Masterpiece. I've lost count of all of the upgrade kits to make Masterpieces be what they should've been from the beginning. It was a mix of needing upgrade kits, prices climbing to astronomical highs, figures breaking, some inaccuracies... I can get that with CHUG and buy a backup (just in case), or multiple figures in a wave...or I can get something that's horribly not right at a horrible price. No thanks.

Honestly, some of the CHUG figures just do it for me far better than Masterpiece ever did. The only MPs I'll ever give credit to are DX9's Carry/Rodimus Prime, Open & Play's Big Spring/Springer, and Alien Attack's Dino. Everything else was a bunch of varying meh that was overpriced and overhyped. No thanks.

And you're right, we absolutely need to stop okaying this and start telling them to get it right. I don't want Hasbro cutting corners, I'm just saying that they do and it's most likely not going to change anytime soon. It's the official purists that are part of the problem. Not only do they tell Hasbro it's okay to do this to us, but they also shout down any voices of dissent (read: actual, legitimate gripes and complaints) and here we are.

• Like Like x 1
  4. CamaroBee

CamaroBee Sector 8, formerly 7

DOTM Ratchet:
    C6BD0F9B-ECD5-4981-AD18-D0CB32899D57.jpeg

• Like Like x 28
  5. Shmoptimus Prime

Shmoptimus Prime Za Warudo! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Thanks! Here's the finished product, I'm very happy with it! I actually wish I had put in this much effort for my 07 bee, which doesn't look as good now by comparison hehe

IMG_2676.jpg IMG_2677.jpg IMG_2679.jpg
    I honestly think you and other fans are taking the "masterpiece" name way too seriously. Is the name a bit much? Yes. But it's clearly just the name of a product line. Some of them have definitely been disappointing in some ways but I don't get personally offended or anything.

Also, despite some flaws the MPMs usually ARE the best there is at the time when they're released, as in the most accurate to the films they're in. Are they they "best possible figure in all of the multiverse"? Of course not, but I don't think there's a single MPM where I can say at the time of release that there is a more accurate figure out there. All 3P are doing is standing on the shoulders of giants, doing little things here and there, which isn't hard at all compared to designing a figure from scratch. You can't blame a figure for being worse than something that comes out after it. That's like trashing on the 07 leader Prime cause it isn't as good as rotf leader prime.
    Dude, that is REALLY good!

• Like Like x 24
  6. CamaroBee

Thank you! That Bumblebee is spectacular, the panel lining on the chest and head in particular is really well done.

Did you mod the panels behind his shoulders with the tires? Looks like they fold back a little farther than normal, which is cool!

• Like Like x 2
  7. Shmoptimus Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Yes I did! I did the mod on my 07 bee a while ago too. It really helps. I got it from jakeejung on instagram.

• Like Like x 2
  8. CamaroBee

Does it compromise alt mode at all? I might have to look into doing that.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Lockon Prime

With all the details these toys have (for most), plus the price point, maybe you and others aren't taking it seriously enough.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Beastwarsfan95

Beastwarsfan95 What to type here?

News Credits:
    IMG_20210722_222136.jpg IMG_20210722_222209.jpg IMG_20210722_222245.jpg IMG_20210722_222307.jpg

• Like Like x 14
  11. Shmoptimus Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Nope! Just means you have one extra "panel" if you cut right. Here's the alt mode for my 07 bee, who I did a similar mod for but took it a bit far. The L-shaped cut is the one, ignore the other extra cuts.

IMG_2680.jpg
    I mean, yeah I try not to take any of this too seriously if I can help it. It's fine to get KOs and support that if you want but being all mad about how hasbro isn't good enough for you when you have multiple viable alternatives seems a bit dramatic, especially in an appreciation thread. Especially when people invoke the "masterpiece" name as if that means it has to be worthy of a museum or something. Deluxe class figures aren't "deluxe" either, really. It's just the name of a price point.

Anyway, I really don't feel like arguing about it, I'm just happy we have options. It's good! If you don't like the hasbro one, there's probably gonna be a KO! Or an improved KO, or an entirely new, from scratch 3P.

• Like Like x 4
  12. AutobotJazz1

AutobotJazz1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Why buy a premium finish figure when you can paint good as hell

• Like Like x 5
  13. CamaroBee

Thank you! xD

I actually do plan on getting the premium 07 Ratchet, all the fire department text and striping is a bit out of my area of expertise.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Lockon Prime

I never said I was mad, all I did was provide my thought on the matter.

If you truly pay attention to what I said, I did appreciate the design of MPM12, but that doesn't mean that I can't call out its faults. I do recall you doing the same with other figures.

Masterpiece definition: "a work of outstanding artistry, skill, or workmanship".

This Masterpiece line almost entirely recreates the characters as they were on screen. THAT is "a work of outstanding artistry, skill, or workmanship". Just because it doesn't end up in a museum, doesn't mean that it isn't a masterpiece.

And yes, I do take this seriously bcs I, like most of others here, have literally thrown hundreds of dollars into this hobby.

Lastly, calling someone's thought on a matter dramatic, is somewhat dramatic itself.

• Like Like x 1
  15. octobotimus

octobotimus Anti-hype man

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah my standards and criticism definitely become more strict the more something costs. Retail figures can annoy me, but they ultimately are pretty cheap and have limits due to being for kids. But when I’m dropping $100-$200 on a figure that’s aimed at adults, expectations get higher and it’s no longer just a “eh whatever” kind of figure anymore.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2021
    • Like Like x 9
  16. John TheDestroyer

John TheDestroyer Yoinkus

News Credits:
    I think they just don't tab in. Mine don't either

I think $175 total for a "perfect" mpm Optimus isn't that bad. Guys over in the G1 MP area are dropping $400+ on a flawed Optimus figure so all in all, I don't think we have it that bad

• Like Like x 3
  17. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Agreed. Also, does anyone hopes Blackout goes around the 200$ pricetag if not more so there's no budget restrictions due the inclusion of Scorponok?. Even if he's small.
    I don't know why he has scorponok yet Frenzy is still getting ignored by Hasbro -Has no bro

• Like Like x 4
  18. Lockon Prime

G1 one shit is overpriced, specially for figures that lack the amount of detail that the Bayverse figures have. They're just banking on the nostalgic appeal, and the unwavering support of the G1 fans.

So 2 wrongs make a right?? "Hey, G1 MP Prime is flawed and he's going for $400, and we're only paying $125 plus $50+ for the kit to fix MPM Prime, so it ain't that bad". Yea, I'm not a fan of that lol.

Personally, if I was gonna pay $175 for a perfect figure, I'd rather pay $175 for the perfect figure, instead of settling for flawed one.

That's like buying a TV without a remote, and being like.. it's all good, I'll buy the remote later for $50.

• Like Like x 4
  19. ghostyurei

ghostyurei Our race was a peaceful one once...

News Credits:
    Not one of my best but the closest I could get to on-location.
    E81F2F44-51E8-49E3-934F-B7354881631D.jpeg

• Like Like x 36
  20. Mastermix

Mastermix Well-Known Member

Sharing a few pics. I also created a new Instagram profile where I will share my pics if anyone is interested @toyno_shashin. 20210730_150538.jpg 20210730_151648.jpg 20210730_150918.jpg

• Like Like x 34