Live-action Movieverse Toys Appreciation Thread! EXPLOSIONS!!!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Zigholtul, Sep 29, 2012.

1. Scarlet knight

Scarlet knight Emergency Food Connoisseur

News Credits:
    All four of them were leaked before Hasbro announced them.

Good job Hasbro.

• Like Like x 17
  2. Beastwarsfan95

Beastwarsfan95 What to type here?

News Credits:
    He also has a transformation i’d strain to call ‘boring’.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Lockon Prime

Lockon Prime Get a eye full of lid when I slight ur lights out

Wow!! Im really impressed!! I can't wait to get him!!!

• Like Like x 5
  4. John TheDestroyer

John TheDestroyer Yoinkus

News Credits:
    The rest of your comment I can just let slide as being a fair opinion and I usually try not to pick arguments against those, but I feel like there's something to be said about this part because I feel like it speaks to a larger issue in this fandom. I very often see large numbers of people complaining about how Hasbro is ripping people off or giving us subpar products and that they can and should do much better with their Transformers. I've seen people say this about every price point, and for both the WFC trilogy and Studio Series lines. There's one thing that I feel like always needs to be said about this. Walk through a Walmart toy aisle and look at every single toy that costs $20 and find me one that has an overall better play value than pretty much any of the mainline Transformer deluxe figures. Same goes for the $30 price point, and the $50 price point. You could pick up any voyager class figure from the past few years and it would be a far more interesting and fun toy than pretty much anything else you could find in the toy aisle for $30. The only brands I can think of off the top of my head that can rival the playability of Transformers are maybe Nerf and Lego, but any Nerf gun is a far less versatile toy than any Transformer figure, and Lego tends to be at a much higher price point for the quality. We're practically stealing these figure from right under Hasbro's noses at these prices. Is $80 for Commander Class Rodimus a pretty steep price for a toy? Sure, it absolutely is a good chunk of cash. But for the sheer amount of what you get, playability, versatility, fun, etc, it's more than worth the price of admission. Every single figure in the line is at least two toys in one that changes fluidly between each mode, yet costs no more than other action figures of the same size and quality that only have one mode and the only playability is moveable joints. We get an action figure with lots of moveable joints, a toy car, and the ability to flip between the two, all for the price of one Star Wars or Marvel action figure. It just boggles my mind that so many people are so blind to how great we as fans have things right now

• Like Like x 15
  5. Blitzrotor15

Blitzrotor15 Banned

20210626_135246.jpg

Im honestly not that upset by this, I'm just happy jolt is here

• Like Like x 14
  6. octobotimus

octobotimus Anti-hype man

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    What have they done to my boy!? Jolt looks both better and way worse than I expected. And holy shit that kibble is horrendous. It’s like they didn’t even bother coming up with a transformation and said “fuck it, shellformer.” :( 

Sideswipe looks good tho.

• Like Like x 7
  7. Lockon Prime

OMFG, I completely missed that Sideswipe!!!

• Like Like x 4
  8. Wars

Wars I Ate The WHOLE Plate

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Seems appropriate that these two would get leaked not long after ROTF's birthday

Sideswipe is an easy enough pass for me since he seems functionally the same as the DOTM version, just without the guns and an added car roof slash backpack. I do like the more contrasting paint job he's rocking though

Jolt, uh, I dunno. He looks good, but I can see him being very fiddly, especially when it comes to transformation. But I'm willing to be cautiously optimistic and hopefully I'm proven wrong

Yeah, I dunno. I'm kinda getting Roadbuster vibes with that backpack, and I did not like that toy

• Like Like x 7
  9. CamaroBee

CamaroBee Sector 8, formerly 7

Anyone know who originally posted those pics on Facebook? I want to share this with the guys on Seibertron but want to give credit to who posted it.

10. Sideways77

Sideways77 useless lesbian

News Credits:
    with the kibble arranged correctly, i think jolt will look really good

no idea where pixelmaster's doom and gloom for jolt came from, but different strokes for different folks i guess

• Like Like x 15
  11. Lockon Prime

Awe fuck.. this completely ruined it for me!! I'll still get him, but fuck!!! It's SS Roadbuster all over again... only worse!!

• Like Like x 3
  12. Pixelmaster

Pixelmaster >implying toys are good

News Credits:
    Like I said, reverse crosshairs

• Like Like x 2
  13. yovnocrats

yovnocrats Well-Known Member

Unbelievably hyped for both of these.

• Like Like x 2
  14. PrimeSmokescreen 04

PrimeSmokescreen 04 Well-Known Member

I have to eat my words, Jolt looks solid. Goes to show sometimes you should reserve judgement before making an opinion on something you haven't seen. My other complaints i still standby though.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Blitzrotor15

Blitzrotor15 Banned

seems like there is a lot more going on with Jolt though, enough that I don't think it'll hinder the figure as much as it did Roadbuster

• Like Like x 3
  16. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Well Jolt has some kibble clusterfuck on the back already, no surprise Hasbro tried to replicate it with some backpack kibble, it looks messy but i hope the shoulder articulation it's not too gimped by it.
    image0.jpg

• Like Like x 8
  17. CamaroBee

CamaroBee Sector 8, formerly 7

I was trying to figure out what this was:
    Jolt thumb.JPG

Turns out it's one of his fingers! The whips replace the finger when used, like what Pixelmaster mentioned the other day.
    Jolt hand.JPG

• Like Like x 16
  18. PrimeSmokescreen 04

PrimeSmokescreen 04 Well-Known Member

While an ss deluxe may theoretically have more playvalue than a marvel legend or gi joe figure, the marvel legends has a much higher chance of actually being good. They have a formula to their figures in which they put out consistently great products that satisfy the market with very few outliers that miss the mark. The $20 price point for ss is probably the definition of a mixed bag and can either give you gold or a figure boarding on knockoff quality.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Sideways77

Sideways77 useless lesbian

News Credits:
    also to yall worried about the backpack, the only bit that's a backpack is the folded up roof. the headlights and windows are part of the model

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 17
  20. AutobotJazz1

AutobotJazz1 The best there is...

News Credits:
    I knew jolt wouldn't look that bad. He looks fantastic. How I'm not gonna lie he could use a lil bit more blue on his face but otherwise he's a definite buy. I'll be getting Sideswipe too but like I said in another thread I'm not to hyped. He's practically the same with just a roof and more paint. I'm gonna assume he doesnt come with the guns? That doesn't bother me since I have the Dotm version but still though, it'd have been nice.

As far as Jolt's kibble goes, I'd assume that he's simply not transformed correctly and that his kibble can be articulated correctly. For Sideswipe at least I think they just mainly focused on his do it mode if you get what I mean?

• Like Like x 3