Live-action Movieverse Toys Appreciation Thread! EXPLOSIONS!!!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Zigholtul, Sep 29, 2012.

1. Shmoptimus Prime

Shmoptimus Prime Za Warudo!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Nice! How much was it if you don't mind me asking? As inaccurate and weird as the figure is it's still fun.
    Thanks for all the info! This is the most surprising thing. Why would they ignore him? He played a major part in the first movie and isn't hated by fans or anything like the twins. He could even be a non-articulated little statue accessory if they really wanted (although a transforming articulated figure would be ideal).
    Nice find! I am liking the figure more and more as I see pics from people with more natural lighting.
    They should do it the same way they finally learned how to do it in ss: by shrinking the vehicle mode and keeping the robot mode the same size. TBH I think they could even steal many design cues from Challenger by simplifying it. Challenger itself has some similarities to the 2016 voyager.

• Like Like x 2
  2. yovnocrats

yovnocrats Well-Known Member

The BB Rotf Bee is really good, the deep yellow orange is just right, and they did a much better job matching the paint and plastic than they did on 49. I was never a fan of all the black and dark silver on 49, the light silver on 74 looks way better. My definitive Bee until we get DOTM.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Aigis

Aigis Anti Shadow Weapon TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    It was $79.99 at Target. It was worth it, he's fun and I like all the die cast in him. He's pretty heavy and the car tabs together really solidly.
    20210110_205419.jpg

• Like Like x 10
  4. lonewolf96

lonewolf96 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think we are stuck with the crowbar mold unfortunately.

Concept art characters are always possible if they fit in the whole Build the cast tagline

Longarm could be considered before straight up concept art characters.

I heard talk of Ironhide seeing a second run with possible retooling for Dotm but nothing concrete yet.

• Like Like x 20
  5. Smokie

Smokie Banned

News Credits:
    crazy how by the end of this year we’re gonna be at about 90ish (100 if counting SS86) figures & still no frenzy

• Like Like x 4
  6. Megatron118

Megatron118 Excelsior! Moderator

News Credits:
    cries in Fallen

• Like Like x 11
  7. Aigis

Aigis Anti Shadow Weapon TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    ROTF Bumblebee with unmasked head
    20210110_231635.jpg
    (Head taken from TLK Bee)

• Like Like x 22
  8. AOEGalvatronRox

AOEGalvatronRox Collector

News Credits:
    Man, I’m still bummed about Devcon not happening. I would absolutely kill to get that design in toy form. The Twins are also disappointing but I’d argue their original ROTF figures still hold up today so it’s fine if they don’t get new figures. I’m hoping you’ll answer stuff about The Last Knight soon because I’m really curious if Hasbro is going to another attempt on TLK Barricade. The car and robot modes are absolutely the bees knees and TLK Barricade deserves to have a good toy.

• Like Like x 4
  9. Smokie

Smokie Banned

News Credits:
    there’s 73 Right now plus the listed Jolt, Grindor & Sideswipe would put as at 76 & the 5 Seekers would be 81 + Optimus & the Fallen that would be 83 + the 3 listed SS86 would be 86 then the 6 we have would be 92.

10. Optitron98

Optitron98 Guy who loves blue and sarcasm

Ebay:
    Part of me kinds wants that ngl. Just to make the "rivalry" between them even better lol

Given how much Ironhide is going on the secondary market, Hasbro would be stupid NOT to reissue Ironhide with DOTM guns. I don't think ANY other SS figure is regularly at triple digits.

• Like Like x 2
  11. yovnocrats

I think I'm gonna try and get the Screen Battles Frenzy for a decent price. I've seen a few of you post him before. He's a little big but better than nothing.

12. ObakaChanTachi

ObakaChanTachi woke among sussy soyjak

News Credits:
    Disappointing news about the Twins. Like them or hate them, I thought their designs were really nice. I still keep my ice cream truck Deluxe figures of them from ROTF, I'd absolutely love hatchbacks of them that share their size and scale. Those two were SS scale before SS scale was even conceived.

Also, I know there's no news of it happening but if there's ever a plan for DOTM Barricade, let's just say Hasbro can sneak in Frenzy with him to replace the spinning wheel. I hope they'll do that.

Also with a retooled bumper that can fold in more neatly like the DNA kit.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Smokie

Smokie Banned

News Credits:
    I only care about one cuz of the people who didn’t get SS Ironhide when he was normal price & now don’t have one. I paid $30 for mine at target when he first came out but he definitely needs a new release.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Pillowman7

Pillowman7 This gonna be bananas

Technically SS Longarm makes more sense than an SS Breakaway though if we can only have one I’d go Breakaway any day. When you say concept art characters do you mean designs like the 07 game drones? Movie concepts like Depth Charge?

15. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    So I’ve been sitting on a pile of new figures until I finally got some shelf space. Now here’s some little reviews, though I will say I didn’t really care to transform any of them since they are on my shelves solely in robot mode (not counting the Dinobot’s’ dino modes).

1. Top Spin - love the robot mode, gave up on transformation but I liked it for the most part. Like the claws.
    2. Leadfoot - love how squat and fat he is, he looks like he walked out of the movie.
    3. Cliffjumper - okay. Probably the one I regret buying out of this bunch but I felt bad since he bit it in the movie. Nothing special.
    4. Blitzwing - great imposing figure, he feels colossal.
    5. ROTF Soundwave - his robot mode was solid albeit not one I have any attachment to since it’s not only for a character who didn’t transform in ROTF, but it’s also different from the 2009 Deluxe and the ROTF video game. Satellite mode is goofy but it’s okay on the stand. The background was really cool.
    6. Off-road Bumblebee - now here was the surprise hit of this haul. He’s really cute, has a clean robot mode, very poseable, bright and friendly looking. Easily my favorite Bumblebee from SS so far and definitely one I don’t regret picking up.

other additions to the haul that weren’t movie related: Rung, Cyberverse Arcee (adorable), and Earthrise Arcee (can’t compare to how lively Cyberverse Arcee looks but I got her nonetheless, I like how bright white she is compared to the pink).

I still haven’t opened Overload, it’s the middle of the night and I’ll probably wait till tomorrow to go for it with Devastator. Anyone know any links to a good four legged fan mode?

It was staggering to see how much shelf space I needed for all my figures of SS. And I still have boxes of Prime Cyberverse, Animated, and old movie toys.

Well, down the pipeline I do intend to get the following:

Dino
    Jolt
    The Fallen
    Hatchet (if he pans out)

Hypotheticals:

Lamborghini Hot Rod
    Que
    Breakaway
    Slug, Scorn, Strafe (we know they’re being looked at but won’t be coming soon)
    Mohawk (might just go to Dr. Wu)
    Onslaught
    Dreadbot
    I probably wouldn’t mind a tall Leader Class Infernocus either, though I don’t like him enough to be willing to buy anymore than a Duocon like how Dragonstorm was.

It’s a little sobering to know that nothing new movie wise is coming anytime soon besides Dino that I want, but that’s okay. I’m definitely getting Kingdom guys like Megs, Primal, Dinobot, Cheetor, Tigatron, Blackarachnia, Rattrap, Rhinox (if I don’t like how he looks I’ll hunt down Thrilling 30 Rhinox) to keep me busy. And probably TLK Voyager Megatron.

• Like Like x 4
  16. Optimistic Prime

Optimistic Prime Active now and then

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Everyone has been wanting The Fallen for three years! It's time we have a 'little' talk with Hasbro...

• Like Like x 2
  17. yovnocrats

How's this for an idea: Voyager ROTF Springer.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 21
  18. Dachande

Dachande MULTI-QUOTE- USE IT. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Soooo much better than the new mold:
    20210111_060055.jpg 20210111_060109.jpg 20210111_060127.jpg

My favorite HA figure- Icepick:
    20210111_060300.jpg

Counting this as movie-related since it's the Dirge mold- Botcon Thundercracker:
    20210111_060310.jpg 20210111_060320.jpg 20210111_060332.jpg

• Like Like x 32
  19. AutobotJazz1

AutobotJazz1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Cogman, Crowbar, Bumblebee, Drift, Nitro Zues and the other few @Pillowman7 has said below. I wouldn't be surprised if they downsized/retool other characters from the line such as Crosshairs and in the case of the Dinobots upside them. A lot of the mold from the TLK line were actually top notch so I could definitely see them using it for a TLK Optimus too.

Damn they really dropped the ball on a proper Crankcase. It really upsetting but fuck it, I'll just settle for another Berserker figure I guess.

As for Ironhide again, like I said before I really hope he gets a rerelease just to spite the scalpers one and secondly for those who missed out on him.

Shrinking the vehicle mode? I don't get it tbh

Well since SS movie figs are slowing down think of it as an opportunity to look for other options you'd have never considered. Also I do wonder how many people would consider infernocous. Personally the only TLK cons besides Megatron I see them doing are Nitro, Mohawk and Barricade.

Yes I still can't believe it's taking them this long. @lonewolf96 are they having problems with the fallen or are they just purposely saving him for last?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2021
  20. DocSeth81

DocSeth81 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 5