Live-action Movieverse Toys Appreciation Thread! EXPLOSIONS!!!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Zigholtul, Sep 29, 2012.

1. Lockon Prime

Lockon Prime Get a eye full of lid when I slight ur lights out

• Like Like x 2
  2. Beastwarsfan95

Beastwarsfan95 Also known as Cheese House

News Credits:
    Personally, I’d rather see dynamic, exciting packaging details/artwork (the 2007 box designs are some of my all-time favorites) than the bland, iPod-like sterile packages of MPs.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Sideways77

Sideways77 #1 flareup simp

News Credits:
    ass shifting

• Like Like x 21
  4. G R I N D O R

G R I N D O R Banned

You forgot dispensor, reedman, frenzy, and scalpel. But man I really hope skids and mudflap get new toys. I miss them.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Scarlet knight

Scarlet knight Emergency Food Connoisseur

News Credits:
    What kinda weight loss plan makes a part of your chest hollow?

6. Kotori Sonoda

Kotori Sonoda Mihono Bourbon's hero

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Slug wants two pieces!

IMG_20210110_082207.jpg

• Like Like x 13
  7. Revoticus

Revoticus Splitting headache

I would love a vending machine transformer but if he's in scale with the rest of SS, he's going to be small and may not even transform. I would really love it if it happens even though it's a slim chance...

IMG_20210110_075222.jpg
    Cue Sam screaming while running...

• Like Like x 22
  8. Scarlet knight

Scarlet knight Emergency Food Connoisseur

News Credits:
    "No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no!"

• Like Like x 17
  9. John TheDestroyer

John TheDestroyer Cognitive ability of a rock

News Credits:
    Actually I hope the opposite. TLK Berserker is my Crankcase, next to SS Crowbar, and I enjoy how they have differences but share a lot of parts and engineering. It really drives him the idea that they're brothers but not exact copies. I think Hatchet should be the same. New parts to help individualize the character, but also shared parts to keep him in line with his two brothers. Most of the arms could be preserved, and the chest probably, and just add a tail, new head, new hands, and new legs that allow him to stand on all fours

• Like Like x 4
  10. Artistodave

Artistodave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Looks like screamer went easy on the Doritos last year... hey you are what you eat after all.

• Like Like x 5
  11. sideswipe29

sideswipe29 Collect what makes you happy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I'm about 2 weeks late with this one but I finally had the time to take some photos of my 2020 movieverse purchases.

20210110_004400.jpg 20210110_004246.jpg

2020 was a year were I went a little overboard with my spending. I'll chalk it up the the pandemic and needing toys to keep me occupied and entertained while being cooped up inside for so long. Seeing these group photos I can definitely say I have no buyers remorse with any of these toys. They're all fantastic!

To save space I made a spoiler tag where I go through the meaningful purchases I made and list out my top 3 Studio Series figures released in 2020 so feel free to check that out.

Last year was definitely a year where I went off the deep end with Studio Series and formally broke my vow to only buy DOTM figures. It started with SS-49 and spiraled out of control from there.

However, the majority of these figures were catch ups for me and were not released in 2020 so without further ado here is my Top 3 Studio Series releases of 2020:

#3 - Voyager Sentinel Prime. I had a hard time deciding if he would make the list, especially with so many other great figures released this year but I think what won me over on Sentinel this year was just how clean the transformation is and how it facilitates into making clean and coherent robot and vehicle modes. He certainly has his flaws of not having nearly enough paint, an obvious lack of accessories, and somewhat limited articulation particularly in the legs. An added ankle joint would have done Sentinel wonders. With that said though, he's just a very fun fiddle piece and looks equally heroic next to Optimus Prime and seemingly evil when paired with the likes of DOTM Megatron.

#2 - Deluxe Roadbuster. Perhaps a bit of bias is showing here with this pick but I genuinely think Roadbuster is a fun figure. I'll say it right from the onset, yes the massive backpack and finicky tabs in vehicle mode are huge issues and I cannot ignore those. But I also can't ignore the fact that this is the first and likely only proper deluxe Roadbuster we will get that is fully weaponized and accurate to the CGI model. The vehicle mode is beautiful to look at and the transformation, while frustrating with parts bumping into one another is still really clever. There might be better deluxes that were released in 2020 but if I think about figures that have stood out and have truly delivered a movie accurate update to their prior toys to make the Studio Series figure a "definitive" version, Roadbuster here is an obvious winner.

#1 - Leader Shockwave. No surprise here honestly. It's a gorgeous figure with a robot mode that's almost 100% accurate to the CGI model. The paint, detailing, and articulation are superb. Shockwave just has so much presence on a shelf and it's just an absolutely incredible piece to handle. Easily one of the best Studio Series figures ever released.

Last year was also a great year for me in revisiting some older toys and competing "sets" for my collection.

• I was finally able to get a shield and gun for my APS-01U.
    • Legends DOTM Roadbuster rounded out my Dale Jr. tribute collection and my goal of owning 1 of every Roadbuster mold.
    • DOTM deluxe Leadfoot signaled the completion of my original DOTM Wreckers toys.
    • Robot Replicas Sideswipe and the Takara AOE Sideswipe made for significant additions to my movie Sideswipe collection.
    • And finally, Movie the Best Ironhide was a mold that I have been wanting to handle for years and seeing posts on Instagram on how he scaled with Studio Series Decepticons finally made me pull the trigger.

I'm definitely grateful that movie toys are on a short hiatus for the first bit of 2021 because my wallet needs a break and I want to have more time to just enjoy everything I bought in the past year rather than fixating on what's going to be released next.

Thanks for reading and Happy New Year!

• Like Like x 25
  12. Revoticus

I'm glad that I still have this poster to show off with this guy
    IMG_20210106_182937.jpg
    ...and I thought I was content with just keeping DOTM Shockwave, this is definitely an upgrade.

• Like Like x 26
  13. Lockon Prime

Lockon Prime Get a eye full of lid when I slight ur lights out

KO Ratchet Review

• Like Like x 6
  14. Stryker729

Stryker729 That’s rough, buddy

To this day, this figure is one of the most bizarre and unexpected releases I’ve ever seen.

CC3BEFD4-8106-49FC-9AB4-B47F72B45434.jpeg

• Like Like x 15
  15. Revoticus

Blue Terrorsaur

AOE was insane with the amount of redeco and re-releases of old and new molds Hasbro could get their hands on.

16. Kotori Sonoda

Kotori Sonoda Mihono Bourbon's hero

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    17 pages later...

Here are all my old era toys!
    Not included are those that didn't survive my childhood (ROTF legends Prime broke and the rubber parts of 2007 legends Ice Megatron snapped on me).
    Some of these I bought while I was already working.
    I have to say while I'm a die-hard SS fan the build of the old figures really is something!

IMG_20210110_133320.jpg

• Like Like x 17
  17. XaxisGuy

XaxisGuy Metasuchian

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I’m still yet to purchase any masterpiece styled figure ( anticipating for TMT prime ) but I really like the packaging of modern MPMs and UT figures. I’m not sure if that’s standard for all MPMs but I like it. Not overly colorful and simple.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Revoticus

Among these the only one I have is BB Optimus...

HA Jazz is THAT big? He's taller than a voyager it seems.

Is that ROTF Nest Global Alliance Ratchet I see? How well does he fit in with Studio Series because there's like 3 deluxe size Ratchets to choose from...

19. Insurgent

Insurgent The Amazing Tango Mysterio

20210110_123233.jpg

• Like Like x 20
  20. NemesisJazz

NemesisJazz Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    Guys, woke up to this! Help me choose! Screenshot_20210110-041236.png Screenshot_20210110-044506.png

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 9